Arrow : OT: Milo Yiannoupoulos is an idiot

OT: Milo Yiannoupoulos is an idiot

He sounds like he might be making a perhaps good point, but upon closer look, they tend to fall apart. Why does anyone give him the time of day to speak? He's really not that bright.

--==--==--
"This is my world" -- Superman

Re: OT: Milo Yiannoupoulos is an idiot

TBH I didn't even know who that was until I heard about the controversy involving Leslie Jones.

I don't like paying too much attention to conservative extremists. They just sound too crazy to listen to and people give them any credibility only validate their stupidity.

Don't Jûdgê a Boôk by Its Movîe

Pretty much my sentiments, aspiredwriter.

But, yeah, he's just a troll really.

Do you have a specif statement in mind?

He does usually make good points and I think censoring him is pretty wrong. Let people who want to listen to him do just that and decide for themselves whether he is an idiot or not.

Sure, for example, a cap on enrollment of women going into the sciences or engineering. It's *beep* for so many reasons.

--==--==--

All politicians or whatever Milo is are idiots on some level.

He makes some excellent points most of the time but sometimes he says stupid things but who hasn't?

Someone in the crowd will be the one you need to know...
MASTEROFTHEMYSTICARTS

he says stupid things but who hasn't?

Well, I would hate to brag. 😝

This is heaven. Right here. We're in it now.

Why does anyone give him the time of day to speak? He's really not that bright.

The same could be said for many a person in our Nation's capital including one its newest residents.

That goes without say. Amazing how the prestige of the Presidency declined so rapidly after President Obama left office.

--==--==--

Obama was blue Bush.
Red and blue don't mean dick. They're the same war mongering puppets in the end. To act like Obama was this god tier human being is laughable.
The only reason he didn't reach Bush's level of hatred is he had the media under his desk.

The Emperor has no clothes.

Media backing and ungodly levels of charisma. Even if one considers Obama the worst POTUS ever, they have to give him that.

---
You're suffering from delusions of adequacy.
IMDB Rebirth: http://tinyurl.com/hj7nl9j

Yeah he was like a maestro with his ability to speak.
He could literally hold a press conference, end it with more questions than answers and still make it seem productive.
Why he was picked over Hilary. At least he can give the illusion of being a stable, likable human being.

Disagree. Obama inherited multiple messes and had to basically continue the job that W started prior to cleaning up. He tried to avoid putting boots on the ground in other countries due to the public's war fatigue.

To paint him with the same stroke as neocons is incorrect.

--==--==--

Swapping public boots for secret drones doesn't make him any different. Different dog, same leash.

What about the messes Obama created? The Arab Spring. Regime changes in Libya, Syria, Egypt and Ukraine. Numerous civil wars erupting. Escalation of conflicts with Russia. War baiting Russia by creating missile installations in Poland and Romania, near Russia's border, countless drone strikes that have killed civilians, doing nothing about police brutality and killings, doing nothing significant about the issue of unaffordable healthcare, etc, etc.

Yeah and he had the nerve of calling it Obamacare...they way I understand it, that plan had wishful thinking all over it.

Do you mind if I have a piece of your thigh? It would complement this fine '76 Shiraz

This is certifiably false. Obama did not nickname his healthcare plan Obamacare.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2011/10/who-coined-obamacare/335745/

It was later used mainly by Republicans to smear the Affordable Care Act, i.e. Obama-haters would hate ACA because of the nickname Obamacare.

The "wishful" thinking was nothing more than a slightly modified version of the Massachusetts healthcare plan, "Romney-care" devised by Republican Governor Mitt Romney.

The ACA essentially expanded coverage amounts, mandated coverage of pre-existing conditions and birth control. In other words, it forced health insurance companies to cover sicker people. This costs more for health insurance companies. In order to compensate and allow them to stay afloat, the ACA had an "individual mandate", which meant that everyone had to have health insurance. This way, there would be a low-health-risk pool who would pay into the system so that the sicker people (who could not afford health care costs before) could be covered for treatment.

Now, one might say "Oh, well, that's not fair. Why should a low risk person pay into a pool meant for higher risk people?" The counter-argument, however, is that a low risk person could become a high risk person at any moment.

--==--==--

The only reason he didn't reach Bush's level of hatred is he had the media under his desk.

Nice

Do you mind if I have a piece of your thigh? It would complement this fine '76 Shiraz

...prestige of the Presidency declined so rapidly after President Obama left office.

Based on current behavior from the Office of POTUS, and the GOP lemmings falling in line, like the eunuchs they are, this "prestige" would still be characterized as a rapid decline if this followed Bush I or II, Reagan first or second term, possibly even Clinton (though his cigar antics were certainly a yuge stain (pun intended) on the Presidency).

The latest, is using the platform of Presidency to plug his daughter's clothing line (which is made entirely outside the U.S. by non-U.S. citizen workers).

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/bcga.gif

And yet we have Liberal/Social Justice Warriors on the other side of the fence dressing up like members of ISIS, vandalizing property, physically assaulting people who don't agree with them (one woman was maced live on camera), bully and intimidate, whine and cry, talk about how they hate white people (even though most of them are brainwashed 20-year old white college brats) and are generally hysterical pussies.

I've seen videos of these pussy kids and it reminds me of a cult.

Driven there by a cabal of madness of psychotic individuals with no feet in any reality that any one of sound mental health can identify.

They are frightened because He is a frightening individual. He attacks war veterans, women, blacks, latinos...

He's like the sum accumulation of every IMDB troll that ever existed. In fact, his early morning tweet storms while straining on the toilet strongly resemble the troll posts here on IMDB.

These fanatics cleared the way for coal mining companies to dump soil produced in the process into public waterways which serve as the natural drinking water for many in the rural parts of the US that don't get municipal water supplies and even those municipal water supplies are suspect (Flint, MI) given the defunding craze that going on with respect to such radical environmental efforts such as clean, uncontaminated drinking water for human consumption.

The GOP House has removed rules preventing corruption and passed rules making the definition of bribery of congressmen much harder to prove, requiring a high threshold of intent to be proven to be prosecutable.

One GOP house member is drafting a bill proposal to eliminate the Dept of Education entirely.

It's like school when the teachers out sick and the substitute teacher hasn't arrived yet. Pure chaos. That's frightening and upsetting to anyone.

I don't defend destructive or violent action at all, there has to be a peaceful way to voice dissent and resist against injustices. That said, I can see how frightened some people truly are with the state of affairs. The same fear drove people to vote for a man that they truly did not understand, and now are saddled with his self-serving brand of insanity. He isn't protecting the U.S., he's dismantling it for profit!

They are frightened because He is a frightening individual. He attacks war veterans,
women, blacks, latinos...

Examples would be welcome, if you got them. Not being dismissive, just genuinely curious.

---
Cookies: http://tinyurl.com/hj7nl9j

I know for a fact the "veterans are weak because of ptsd" thing is false, since his comment was both taken out of context and misrepresented. I've seen the whole thing, plus reactions by the people present when he said it.

The "sexist" comments, seem more crass and thoughtless to me than anything else. Easily misread as him being sexist, sure, but I've known people like that in real life too so I can guess where he was coming from.

The "racist" comments, seem more influenced by economics than racial hatred, and... let's stop calling Muslims a race, shall we? Technically speaking, even extraterrestrials could become Muslims if they accepted the dogma.

His campaign comments read fairly accurate to me, even if completely tactless half the time.

The guy is offensive, sure. He's rash, crass. most likely a narcissist, not someone I'd want to have coffee with, but it does nobody any favours if you attack him for things he has not done.

When he actually does something, nobody is going to believe you. Crying wolf and all...

---

Trump has done plenty already:

-Muzzling and gutting the EPA, USDA, and other gov't agencies? The scientists that work in these agencies operate on fact.

-Putting Bannon in the National Security Council (are you freaking kidding me??). Even senior GOP members (e.g. McCain) raised serious concerns about this.

-A poorly rolled out immigration ban that caused lots of chaos? Not to mention that it didn't even include the countries Trump did business with (though those countries were the birthplace of the 9/11 hijackers, which was the motivation for the Executive Order)? Green card holders were caught in this??

-Souring relations with Mexico by telling them to cancel their trip if they didn't want to pay for the border wall (which, moralistic arguments aside, is a stupid idea practically speaking, when you do the math)?

-Trying to impose a 20% import tax as a means to pay for the wall (which would be paid for by American consumers, not Mexico, as promised on his campaign trail).

-Steps towards repealing Obamacare/ACA without a replacement plan in place (The GOP had 8 years to come up with one)?

-Souring relations with our ally Australia?

-Nominating Betsy DeVos as Secretary of Education, despite her utter lack of qualifications? She only got in because she donated thousands to those GOP SEnators. What happened to "Drain the Swamp" (this is on the GOP senators)?

-brushing up or breaking with conflict of interest laws regarding his family businesses?

-sending rash tweets that cause market fluctuations

-not even reading his own Executive Orders before signing them (from NYTimes)?

The list keeps going on. This is stuff he's done AFTER taking office.

--==--==--

And people are right to call him out on the things he has actually done. Kinda crucial for a republic, really. Or any western political system.

Was just pointing out there's no need to make stuff up.

---

Trump is a racist, just look at his pick for Attorney General:

Albert and Evelyn Turner and Spencer Hogue were indicted by Alabama Attorney General Jeff Sessions, in January 1985 on 29 counts, for mail fraud, conspiracy to commit voting fraud and voting more than once. Sessions and his assistants claimed the defendants filled out the disputed absentee ballots themselves. Each faced decades in prison. “It was hell,” remembers Evelyn Turner, now 80. (Her husband died in 2000.) “We had always helped people with voting, for ages, and they trusted us. Why would you mess with someone’s ballot, if you knew it wasn’t what they wanted? We weren’t fools.”

Hank Sanders organized a team that included defense lawyers from the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund and the Southern Poverty Law Center, including Guinier. The Perry case attracted national attention in part because aspects of the prosecution appeared unprecedented. Sessions was the first federal prosecutor to pursue allegations of absentee-voter fraud in a strictly local election, James Liebman, one of the NAACP lawyers, testified to the Senate in 1986, and the first to bring the might of the federal government to bear over a relatively small number of ballots. Liebman also described evidence of absentee-voting irregularities, including altered ballots, on behalf of candidates, both black and white, who were primarily supported by white voters. But Sessions told the Senate that “no evidence was presented to us at that time of fraud by whites, at least anything credible.”

Justice Department policy in the 1980s supported bringing election cases “only when federal involvement is either necessary to vindicate paramount federal interests, or as a prosecutor of last resort to redress longstanding patterns of egregious electoral abuse.” Yet the Public Integrity Section of Ronald Reagan’s Justice Department approved Sessions’s case, saying it was not motivated by racial bias. Soon after the F.B.I. staked out the Perry County post office, the United States attorney general issued a statement that seemed related to Sessions’s prosecution: “Federal law prohibits political participants from intentionally seeking out the elderly, the socially disadvantaged or the illiterate for the purpose of subjugating their electoral will.”

When the Turners and Hogue went to trial, in June 1985, their supporters came in such numbers that entry to the courtroom in Selma required a ticket. Witness after witness among the 17 voters who testified said that while they’d received assistance from the Turners and Hogue to fill out their ballots, they’d done so willingly. The exceptions were members of a single family of six, who said their ballots were altered without their permission.

During the trial, the prosecution adopted an exceptionally broad theory, arguing that it was a crime for a voter to sign a ballot that someone else filled out for him. “Even if the voter authorizes someone to complete the ballot?” the judge asked. “That is correct,” one of Sessions’s assistants said. The judge ruled that this theory was contrary to election law and the Constitution, and at the close of trial, threw out many of the counts against the Turners and Hogue. They were acquitted of the rest by the jury, which had been picked in Mobile and had seven black members and five white ones.

Trump said that if a woman works, it spells trouble for the house hold. He still calls the Central Park five animals, even though they were completely exonerated by DNA testing which led police to find the real culprit. Trump tried time and again to deny housing to blacks in any of the housing developments he had ownership or management powers in. He was sued numerous times for these violations.

I find it hard to fathom how people excuse such blatant words and actions. Of all the candidates he picks for U.S. attorney general, he gets someone who went out of his way to prosecute civil rights advocates. Sessions clearly had racial animus back then, and I doubt he has since seen the light. As State Attorney General you have broad discretion to select which cases you will prosecute. Sessions chose this case. Voter suppression in the South was rampant since the 1960s and especially since the voting rights act.

Your dismissing Trump as crass belies he impact his words and deeds and attitudes have as he now speaks as POTUS. He has moved to make it harder to file EEO discrimination cases, and is beseeching the GOP to pass legislation that he can sign to make this effective. He wants to impose a strict intent standard making the plaintiffs have to prove beyond a mere preponderance to clear and convincing standard that there was intent by the discriminating party to do so, completely vitiating the disparate impact avenue for successful EEOC filings.

Trump is a misogynist, bigot, racist on top of being crass and uncouth.

He mocked John McCain for being a POW, he held a "fundraiser" for Vets instead of attending a GOP primary debate and YET, months later he did not donate the money to the stated charities until News articles published THIS FACT.

People will believe what they choose to believe. I see the facts. Chances are if you tap someone to serve as U.S. Attorney General who used his official governmental powers to intimidate black voters from being able to vote, you're probably a bigot and racist.

As for bashing Muslims--fine--it's not racism, it's bigotry. This doesn't make it less wrong! As for bashing women, that's straight up misogyny.

And yet we have Liberal/Social Justice Warriors on the other side of the fence dressing up like members of ISIS, vandalizing property, physically assaulting people who don't agree with them (one woman was maced live on camera), bully and intimidate, whine and cry, talk about how they hate white people (even though most of them are brainwashed 20-year old white college brats) and are generally hysterical pussies.

I've seen videos of these pussy kids and it reminds me of a cult.

One must be careful not to put every liberal in the same bucket. Some of these attacks were done by anarchist group members. Sure, some were done by some liberals as well. I don't think it's productive for liberal protesters to be violent; it just provides fodder for the right and pushes people away.

If you recall (or not), there were riots after Obama was elected as well.

--==--==--

Unfortunately, protests in general seem to bring those who would smash and burn out of hiding and bring their mayhem outside, where they think they can hide in the crowds.

Many "liberals" don't automatically vilify everyone who disagrees with them, but sadly some, who are far too visible, do and get all the attention and focus of the right looking to use them as examples.

If you recall (or not), there were riots after Obama was elected as well.
--for instance:

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/presidential-campaign/305749-republicans-employ-double-standard-to-discredit

https://newsone.com/2082964/republicans-against-obama/

Some these events were quite disturbing. But the dialogue from conservatives seems to omit the fact that people did some stupid violent things when Obama got elected too.

Says you. I would rather have an effective leader than an entertainer. Although it's true Trump isnt the most articulate President

Trump is not an "effective" leader. His immigration ban was so sloppy and rushed that it was ripe for being held up in courts.

--==--==--

It aint over yet Vegitto. The other things that he has done is pretty good so far

Throwing a bunch of marbles in the air and hoping something happens is NOT effective leadership. He needs to be more considered, more deliberative, more surgically precise in his efforts.

He spends his time tweeting about his daughter's business, his senior adviser, a government employee, endorses his daughter's products and tells the audience of a "news show" on which she appears to go out and buy those products.

He spent time during his first 10 days in Office as POTUS bashing and mocking a civil rights icon who marched with Dr. Martin Luther King and who was clubbed and beaten by the police in Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina and Mississippi. This is a man who put his own health and safety, arguably his own life, on the line so that an entire segment of disenfranchised Americans can exercise their right to vote, against the forces of State and Local governments who sought to thwart them of such rights.

He rolled out a ban on travel from certain countries that was so poorly constructed and imprecise courts throughout the U.S. found it to violate aspects of the U.S. Constitution (the Establishment Clause and the Equal Protection clause) and federal laws prohibiting a religious test or standard for actions of the U.S. government.

With several cities in the U.S. with drinking water supplies/sources being suspect (Flint and other http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/politics/news/a45451/lead-water-crisis-33-cities/), Trump signed executive orders and the GOP has passed measures allowing coal mining companies to dump excavated soils produced during surface mining efforts, to dump this waste soil directly into the ground water sources. This "waste" soil often contains metallurgic components that have been found dangerous to human health.

There are more actions, too many in fact to list here, but readily accessible via on-line searches, that show Trump is proceeding in a very clumsy way as POTUS. For instance he alienates our allies while praising Vladimir Putin. He questions the value of NATO, while aligning himself with Russia and Syria's Assad.

I would hardly characterize Trump as effective. Merely doing things, clumsily and in an oafish way, does NOT equate with being effective.

He rolled out a ban on travel from certain countries that was so poorly constructed and imprecise courts throughout the U.S. found it to violate aspects of the U.S. Constitution (the Establishment Clause and the Equal Protection clause) and federal laws prohibiting a religious test or standard for actions of the U.S. government.

Like I said it aint over yet. He has an attorney general...

He spent time during his first 10 days in Office as POTUS bashing and mocking a civil rights icon who marched with Dr. Martin Luther King and who was clubbed and beaten by the police in Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina and Mississippi. This is a man who put his own health and safety, arguably his own life, on the line so that an entire segment of disenfranchised Americans can exercise their right to vote, against the forces of State and Local governments who sought to thwart them of such rights.

You have a link for this? The media has been very biased against Trump and some still are unfortunately, they love spinning what he says.

With several cities in the U.S. with drinking water supplies/sources being suspect (Flint and other http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/politics/news/a45451/lead-water-crisis-33-cities/), Trump signed executive orders and the GOP has passed measures allowing coal mining companies to dump excavated soils produced during surface mining efforts, to dump this waste soil directly into the ground water sources. This "waste" soil often contains metallurgic components that have been found dangerous to human health.

Yeah I remember a story about this ages back, before Trump became president, possibly even before his election campaign became so interesting and a media hit. It doesnt say anything about Trump unless Im mistaken? Also this problem didnt happen overnight obviously. What exactly were Pres Obama, the governors and councils doing about this problem? Not enough apparently...

For instance he alienates our allies while praising Vladimir Putin. He questions the value of NATO, while aligning himself with Russia and Syria's Assad.

Untrue and one of the biggest examples is holding a joint press conference with the leader of the UK

You have a link for this? The media has been very biased against Trump and some still are unfortunately, they love spinning what he says.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/president-elect-donald-trump-calls-rep-john-lewis-sad-article-1.2946348

Yeah I remember a story about this ages back, before Trump became president, possibly even before his election campaign became so interesting and a media hit. It doesnt say anything about Trump unless Im mistaken? Also this problem didnt happen overnight obviously.

My point here is that Trump & the GOP are now permitting surface coal mining companies to dump likely highly contaminated sludge into rivers and streams that feed into water sources used for public drinking water. So public water that is already bad in many places, is getting more stuff dumped into it and could cause even more pollution and contamination:

http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/donald-trump-barack-obama-environment-guns-congress-coal-drinking-water-a7560916.html

<blockquote>For instance he alienates our allies while praising Vladimir Putin. He questions the value of NATO, while aligning himself with Russia and Syria's Assad.

Untrue and one of the biggest examples is holding a joint press conference with the leader of the UK
</blockquote>

His high praise and defense of Putin:

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/10/trump-putin-timeline

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/dec/30/donald-trump-russia-obama-sanctions

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38872328

His criticism and attacks of US allies:

http://www.vox.com/world/2017/1/16/14285232/trump-eu-nato-interview

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2016/03/16/trumps-japan-bashing-has-close-us-ally-asia-edge/81854202/

http://www.dailywire.com/news/5805/trump-alienates-more-us-allies-threatens-londons-joshua-yasmeh

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/12/trump-allies-turn-up-in-moscow-to-talk-end-to-sanctions-and-bash-critical-putin-news-as-fake/

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/trump-criticizing-key-allies-u-s-security/

I read from multiple domestic and international sources and it's clear that while Trump has been cozy with Putin, he's been critical and sometimes downright rude to U.S. allies. And I'm not even counting the whole thing he did with the Australian Prime Minister, which the Australian PM tried to put a good spin on.

Whatever effectiveness Trump might hope to have, is immediately undermined by his abrasive, impulsive and brash and incomprehensibly combative approach to the POTUS job. And that's being kind.

In total, with just 3 weeks in office, he's definitely busy, but quite scattered and is hardly protecting the interests of the little guy when his cabinet is filled with former Investment Bankers, Mortgage Foreclosure/Repossession Specialists, and Corporatists and thus far, NONE of the measures he undertook help regular U.S. citizens and lawful residents deal with the problems they have.

Milo is a troll. Most of the time he makes valid points, backed by actual evidence.

When he's wrong about something, he's mistaken on a cosmic scale.

Most of the time, he's just the RL version of shítposting.

And somehow, the gay half-jew with a preference for black dick, is an anti-semite white supremacist homophobe, if you believe his detractors.

---