Arrow : Continuity error with the Hood? Ep. 11 SPOILERS

Continuity error with the Hood? Ep. 11 SPOILERS

As much as I simply LOVED the flashbacks this last episode, I couldn't but help notice this...

In the last frame, we see Oliver suiting up as 'the Hood' for the first time, and he's wearing the Hood outfit from Season 1.

Except that the Hood outfit includes Yao Fei's green hood sewn in. But in the opening moments of the pilot, Oliver was wearing the hood in its 'original' form.

So how does it work? Is the Hood outfit Oliver wears in the flashback not exactly the one he wears in Season 1 (albeit an identical copy)? Or is Yao Fei's hood 'detachable' from the suit somehow, and Oliver went to the trouble of having it removed so he could wear it on the island before he was 'rescued'...only to 'reattach' it once he got home?

Formerly sn939

Re: Continuity error with the Hood? Ep. 11 SPOILERS

Considering the length of his beard and what we're seeing in the flashbacks 'now', it's highly likely that his hood at the start of the pilot could be as fake as his beard, only made for the ruse of appearing to have been on the island for 5 years.

Possibly.

Then again, the hood in the pilot being fake doesn't make sense. There's no real reason for Oliver to be wearing a hood just to 'keep up appearances' of being stranded on the island.

Formerly sn939

the hood provides insulation from cold and keeps heat from leaving his body. Its not about the arrow costume in that scene its just a hood i believe. he even tells someone at some point he wore the hood all the time bc it got really cold.

They are 2 different hoods the one in the pilot opening was lighter