Arrow : Ben Affleck Officially Steps Down As Batman Director. Haha.

Ben Affleck Officially Steps Down As Batman Director. Haha.

Another obvious sign of the major internal problems at WB.

Affleck announced today he is no longer directing Batman.

Obvious that he, the studio and Johns couldn't reach an agreement on a direction, as many predicted.

I don't expect Affleck to even continue to play Batman beyond his 3 picture deal with WB, it's clear he's budding heads with the studio and has issue with the direction of this thing. So much for the DCEU.

Re: Ben Affleck Officially Steps Down As Batman Director. Haha.

I knew this would happen after the release of "Live by Night".

Live by Night, was meant to be a three hour long movie. Affleck let it slip in an interview that the script was close to one hundred and eighty pages long. The final film was released with a run time of two hours and nine minutes. Characters were cast and cut, characters that those who have read the books know to be of great significance to the story. Lehane, who in the past has been honest about his opinions on the adaptations of his books, admitted that what Affleck had done was quite genius. Unfortunately we won't get to see it play out.

That being said Affleck can do it all, and has proven so with "The Town". His become disillusioned due to the critical backlash of his passion project, which in all honesty wasn't terrible. I'll still see the film, however i can't say i'm not disappointed.

That being said; i predict after the DC Extended Universe has run its course, Affleck will depart from Warner Brothers. I guarantee it.

I wonder, knowing that they are friends, if Affleck could convince Fincher to direct the film.

This is heaven. Right here. We're in it now.

There were rumors that WB execs wanted to churn out a Batman flick, regardless of quality, just to cash in on the franchise.

Affleck wanted creative control and a solid script. I wonder if this is a sign that WB will rush this project out.

http://i.imgur.com/LoP3F0G.jpg

This is what happened with MOS and Snyder. Snyder was the studio choice. Nolan had a preferred list of other directors, but Zack was the fast and easy choice.

Having just thought of it in my prior post, i do believe someone like Fincher would create the perfect atmosphere for "The Batman". Ben is still the writer. If the studio allow for the film to go without cuts then i still believe it will showcase the best of The DC Extended Universe.

I was under the impression that Snyder was hand picked by Nolan. This is what all the reports suggest anyway. Do you have a source that says otherwise? Either way, its terrible sad to see how far Warner have fallen.

Continuing on from what i said before; Affleck will most likely depart from Warner in the future, using both his and Matt Damon's production company, along with Mirror Max as a means of distribution and financial backing.

This is heaven. Right here. We're in it now.

Zack was on the shortlist Nolan and the studio met with. Nolan was very hands on in everything, including picking the director.
Fincher doing a Riddler storyline would be really fun to watch.

The Emperor has no clothes.

Zack was on the shortlist Nolan and the studio met with. Nolan was very hands on in everything, including picking the director.

Thats what the WB spin machine wanted you to believe.

Snyder was the studio favourite.

The problem with Nolan's other choices is they are artistic directors that would have required actual time to perfect the script.

ZS was fast and dirty.

I followed it as it was happening. He wasn't even done making Sucker Punch when he was hired. There was plenty of time.

The Emperor has no clothes.

If it's true that execs just want a Batman film regardless of quality I understand why Affleck stepped down. I wouldn't want my name connected to that crap.

The film originally targeted a 2012 release, it was rushed.

Also due to the Siegel family court lawsuit.

DC needs to find a way to get their own studio. WB meddles way too much, the only DC movie I watched was MOS. I thought it was okay, but didn't grab me into the universe. I have always thought their future movie line up was ass.

BvS was done way too soon I don't get the big spectacle team ups before a solo. I never cared about Suicide Squad so I will never watch that. Don't see how Shazam or Black Adams can star in a movie, they are not top characters. Cyborg should not have his own movie either.

I just want Flash, Martian Manhunter, Superman vs Brainiac solo movies. Those I would likely watch.

That is devastating. Looks like that rumour was true after all.

WB execs are fools, I was really looking forward to Affleck's take on a Batman movie

Do you mind if I have a piece of your thigh? It would complement this fine '76 Shiraz