Arrow : Is it just me or can Oliver just not control his team?

Is it just me or can Oliver just not control his team?

Seriously, get them under control, Oliver.

Re: Is it just me or can Oliver just not control his team?

He wouldn't have this problem if he didn't give in and just kept to his regimen with them.

The Emperor has no clothes.

Yes, just like I told Jason, Evelyn would never have betrayed him if he made her whip herself.

Baron Reiter had the right idea.

Hard to do that with his balls firmly in Felicity's grasp.

Well, he needs to keep her in line. The best way to do that is humiliate her in front of the entire Team, also sending a message to them.

Let me guess, by making her whip herself? You seem obsessed with whipping.

I don't care about a troll who doesn't pay for his opinion telling me how to review movies.

Didn't you say Magda on Supernatural deserved to be locked up and forced to whip herself while the world thought she was dead?

Anyway, I actually meant that Oliver should make Felicity wear a diaper in front of the team while they point and laugh at her.

Magda was a spoilt brat who gave her mum damaged nerves and constant pain because she wouldn't get her a new phone. She even had the nerve to drag innocent people into a mess she caused because she couldn't handle justice.

I can't help thinking Laurel and Thea would never become addicts had Quentin and Thea done the same to them.

I don't care about a troll who doesn't pay for his opinion telling me how to review movies.

Can't argue with that

Anyway, I actually meant that Oliver should make Felicity wear a diaper in front of the team while they point and laugh at her.

What, its an effective punishment.

Team? He has a team? Where is the trick here. ;)))))
Oliver does not have a team, he has bunch of people, who like to play vigilantes and are running around creating problems.
Felicity on the other hand, has a team - these same people ;)
Oliver needs to learn computers and cut everybody loose from himself, they are anyway bringing him down all the time.
Prometheus is only winning, because Oliver has people around him, first for Prometheus to attack and second to distract GA.

And the reason for that is because doesn't know how to break them down so he can control them.

Actually he does he's just unwilling to do so, this isn't the writers intention but it's funny how since Oliver fell in love with Felicity and he started going soft on her that her behaviour has worsened, and the team dynamic has come apart, she used to voice her opinion all the time but knew that's what it was, and that Oliver and others had their own of which was just as valid as hers, but the more she's been pandered to by Oliver the worse she has gotten, which is to the point now where sets his own team on him to subdue him and orders them to kill people without true provocation.

Also in between that she also challenges Oliver on every choice he makes in dealing with the team, which is odd as Oliver's methods formed multiple versions of a loyal and functioning Team Arrow, which only fell apart due to outside forces and after Felicity began influencing how Oliver led his team, whilst Felicity has not, she was never a leader prior to hooking up with Oliver, and seemingly between her college kliq and joining Team Arrow Felicity has not been shown to have any friends or social life, so it begs the question why does she assume she knows how to deal with people and is better suited to lead than Oliver a proven leader?

Oliver knows what he has to do but because he loves Felicity he's more concerned with her and her feelings than he is being effective, I mean the fact the whole team quit after 2 days of training and none figured out the point of his very first test should have indicated a major problem with them, but because Felicity picked them and due to her pandering to Curtis it was decided Oliver was out of line and he let them rejoin without passing the test, so he started off accepting a team who couldn't figure out a basic problem and quit just because they were who Felicity picked.

And it's sad this isn't intentional because it's actually an interesting storyline they could play with, with which would allow both Felicity & Oliver a lot of growth as characters, and do what the writers clearly want which is to move them back into position to get back together, but it's like whats the point if they don't address both of their issues? I know the last part is OT but whatever.

Yes, Felicity lacks disciple and Oliver needs to punish her.

I think you misspoke Felicity doesn't lack a disciple she has one called Oliver, she has a whole group if you include the recruits, her No.1 fan Diggle and Thea who enjoys bashing Oliver as much as Felicity does, Felicity has quite a few disciples, not enough to rival jesus well not yet anyway but still.

So Oliver needs to put Felicity over everyone's knee?

He should always put her over his knee, I would like to, you know her, Thea, Laurel, Sara, Evelyn, Amaya, Caitlyn, Iris all over the knee one by one, I mean say what you want but they are some mighty fine ladies in the Arrowverse, hell id get Vibe to bring ol' Supergirl over for a spanking, I may break my hand in doing so but I'd be willing to risk it, wouldn't you?

Yes, Oliver needs to use his belt to spank them until they pass out.

As for Supergirl, I'm sure they could make something out of Kryptonite to whip her with.

Who's Amara?

I meant Amaya aka Vixen on LOT though her granddaughter from Arrow is hot also.

Oliver should also make them all strip naked as he punishes them.

I think the team dynamic this season has been one of the most interesting aspects PRECISELY because of these problems.

Previous versions of Team Arrow were comprised of people who had some kind of personal ties with Oliver for the most part. Not so with this team where, apart from Curtis, none of them had any prior connection to Oliver and are pretty much strangers to him. How does Oliver train and handle these people he doesn't even know was one of the interesting parts of the first half of this season - especially the gradual conflict that developed between Oliver's 'inner circle' and the 'recruits'.

The idea of the team being more loyal to Felicity than to Oliver potentially is also an interesting notion since she's arguably the one who has spent more time reaching out to them than Oliver has.

Ultimately, I feel the team would have been better served if Diggle had been around more. But unfortunately he wasn't around when it was set-up and he's been dealing with his own problems the brief time he was out.

Formerly sn939

Oliver should have worked more on breaking them in.

Breaking them in? Are you suggesting Oliver should have raped his entire team?

Yes

I think the team has been one of the biggest things for potential storylines this season, but in whats becoming a said theme for Arrow the promise of potential just results in disappointment, and what's been sort of the good things have been minor aspects or things that are routine, the recruit storylines either have been rushed over such as Rory & Evelyn and their coming to terms with who they signed up to fight alongside, whilst Curtis & Rene have been very much one note all season just on repeat every episode.

It still holds promise for the future as they still have what 12-13 more episodes left but so far the recruits have been a flop, and the thing about them being more loyal to Felicity I agree is an interesting idea but given she's hijacked them for her own doing twice already to challenge Oliver's orders and hasn't been mentioned I'm not exactly expecting much from it, given their history with big letdowns

The problem is that there's a team, period. This show worked much better when it was about Oliver who had friends that would occasionally help out, rather than relying on a bunch of amateurs who run the risk of ruining his entire objective of protecting his city.

At this point they may as well rename the show and call it 'Team Arrow' or something, seriously.

There can be only one! -Connor Macleod

macleod_conner I agree a 100%. They don't need team Arrow. I wish this show went the comic book route. Should've been Oliver with eventually Roy. Roy and Oliver split and Roy becomes Arsenal. Occasionally BC comes and helps, but she isn't always there.

Yes, this show stopped to be about Green Arrow, but rather about a team, from the moment they killed him in s3 and showed how the others doesn't really need the Arrow.

Well they said they don't need him, in truth they did because they couldn't protect the city, they had to get all of the Glades to rise up to fight for them, even then it's only due to Oliver that this course of action seem even remotely passable, because without Oliver Malcolm would have killed Brick anyway, and not letting Malcolm kill Brick is why the Glades had to fight alongside of them, so they got the entire Glades to risk their lives to fight Brick because the team couldn't do it alone and wouldn't agree to letting Malcolm kill Brick all for it happen anyway if not for Oliver, they risked everyone's lives so they didn't have a murder of vengeance on their conscience, and came away with it going see we don't need you Oliver we rock.

That story did the exact opposite of what the writers try claiming in their narrative which is a trend they continue to this day...sorry it just bugs me when the Brick arc is said to prove that the team is important and not Oliver, when in truth without Oliver the team always fails.

For one, its too big. And secondly, he's no leader, he's impulsive and a hypocrite (which is fine, but does get in the way of being a leader).

I think he just needs to punish and humiliate them.

That would be a credible solution. The team must learn their place.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.