Arrow : There have been FIVE Black Canaries now. Ugh….

There have been FIVE Black Canaries now. Ugh….

What an utter mess this show has made of the character.

It really says a lot about the struggle to get a female superhero onscreen, even in 2017.

Re: There have been FIVE Black Canaries now. Ugh….

I don't count Evelyn Sharp as one because she's a little girl not a woman

I don't count Evelyn Sharp as one because she's a little girl not a woman

Evelyn was supposed to be a woman but they ruined the character making her a teenage girl 'cause the Starling character doesn't work as a teenager.

https://retconpunchdotcom.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/starling-batgirl-and-black-canary-konichiwa-bitches.jpg

Make Same Sex Marriages Legal In Australia 'cause we deserve to have the same rights as everybody else and shouldn't be controlled by backwards people with outdated views.

3, 4 if you count Evelyn and no Laurel was the mess

Josue, don't you have an elsewhere to be?

Don't Jûdgê a Boôk by Its Movîe

No I go where the miss informed people are and feed them facts

Technically you're correct when it comes to the amount of canaries that have currently been portrayed, however the OP is also correct. The show has done a disservice to the canary mantle.

This is heaven. Right here. We're in it now.

Not really they tried it didn't work BC does not fit

The only way BC doesn't fit in a Green Arrow story is if you have incredibly incompetent writers which Arrow has since Season 3. Oliver and Dinah go together like ice cream and cake.

Good job Oscars! Hopefully Asian and Hispanic nominees in 2018!

You forgot the most important part CHEMISTRY you can't writ it not even if you are the best live action writer
KC absolutely no chemistry

CL had chemistry but not full package

EBR lots of chemistry of all sorts, they have so much chemistry that they undermine the script to the point that they avoided any scenes with SA/EBR the episode Oliver got with the snake reporter because of O/F chemistry

First you say Laurel was the mess then you say BC doesn't fit and lastly you say Katie Cassidy had no chemistry and EBR did. I could be wrong here but it sounds like you would be fine if in the beginning they had hired EBR to play Laurel instead.

Laurel was the problem because of KC

And this version of arrow doesn't need a BC. Especially not one that is a meta. Not even the SV version of GA needed a BC and he was so great they made another show about the character

And yes Emily can pull off being Black Canary if she was cast as Laurel. In other words EBR can be BC Felicity Shouldn't

It also doesn't work if the actress you hire can't pull off the fight scenes. IMO Katie was a colossal fail at those.

She was no better or worse than Thea. Most of the choreography is performed by stunt doubles. I'd rather have a good actress KC than a good stunt double that acts C Lotz.

Good job Oscars! Hopefully Asian and Hispanic nominees in 2018!

I don't think Katie is a particularly good actress in general. And I agree that the actress playing Thea isn't convincing as a fighter either. The actress playing Sara, White Canary, is...both on Arrow and LOT. I'll reserve judgment on the new actress until I see more of what she can or can't do.

I love that you believe that Jos I really do.

Stop being an idiot

You

Do you mind if I have a piece of your thigh? It would complement this fine '76 Shiraz

I will if you will but you wont so neither shall I and we'll both be happier because of it.

It's just if theres one thing you are specifically not known for around her it is facts, you state opinion as fact and fact as opinion you are quite the...I dunno what you are but I like it you mad crazy git.

Do you mind if I have a piece of your thigh? It would complement this fine '76 Shiraz

3: Sara, Laurel and now Tina. And technically, Sara was never a Black Canary in name or in personality.

Characters like Black Siren and Evelyn (just because she wore the costume one day) don't count.

Did Evelyn call herself BC? Cuz if she did we don't really get to make the call whether she was a BC or not.

The Emperor has no clothes.

I look at it like this: Were Ra's, Maseo and the other League members that wore Oliver's suit and pretended to be him considered "Arrow" versions?

Anyway, I don't believe Evelyn ever called herself Black Canary, anyway. She just happened to be a BC fan who pretended to be her.

Depends on the intent I guess. They were framing Oliver. BC was dead so I don't think it's the same as Evelyn's schtick.

I agree with Sara, if we count her as Black Canary, we count Yao-Fei as the Hood. Put them both in the "proto" camp.
Yao-Fei = Proto-Hood
Sara= Proto-Black Canary or Canary
Wintergreen = Proto-Deathstroke.

The Emperor has no clothes.

Depends on the intent I guess. They were framing Oliver. BC was dead so I don't think it's the same as Evelyn's schtick.

Never got Evelyn's intent, to be honest. Did she want to replace Laurel? Or did she just saw her costume and sonic device as means to get revenge for her family? That's also why I'm hesitant to count her as one of the Canaries, although a number of people evidently do.

I agree with Sara, if we count her as Black Canary, we count Yao-Fei as the Hood. Put them both in the "proto" camp.
Yao-Fei = Proto-Hood
Sara= Proto-Black Canary or Canary
Wintergreen = Proto-Deathstroke.

That's a great way of analyzing it. I had forgotten how many proto versions there had been on Arrow until you brought them up.

"Characters like Black Siren and Evelyn (just because she wore the costume one day) don't count."

They count.

Nope. One goes by a different alias and the other is a pretender.

No they don't count.

There's only been one and that's Sara.

THIS

I don't care about a troll who doesn't pay for his opinion telling me how to review movies.

Cept Sara is White Canary cause you know....she's white duh

Closer than the junkie bitch.

I don't care about a troll who doesn't pay for his opinion telling me how to review movies.

You need to be slapped.

This isn't Sisterhood of the Traveling Dominatrix Suit. There is only one Black Canary and her name is, and always will be no matter how many unneeded OCs show up, Dinah Laurel Lance.

Point, blank, and the period.

It just shows a complete and utter lack of competence on the writers' part when people say that Sara Lance, a made up character, is the true Black Canary. She is not Black Canary, neither in name nor in personality.

In the comics maybe. In this show she was a joke.

And whose fault is that? That falls on the writers.

Agreed, but Sara was closer to a badass BC. So she was the best version.

She's not the Black Canary in any form.

Neither was Laurel.

Technically speaking, it's any combination of "Dinah", "Laurel", "Drake", "Lance", though one source also gives "Sara Lance" as one of her aliases (With Dinah still being the real name).

But yeah, what you said. 👍

---
You're suffering from delusions of adequacy.
Cookies: http://tinyurl.com/hj7nl9j

Yeah it's appalling. But dont confuse the new millennium with Marc's terrible writing. WW flick is coming out this year, Captain Marvel will be out soon enough.

WW is invalid because of the terrible asinine casting and the utter BS that is the murderverse (ie *beep* live action DC)

The fandom that refuses to be satisfied!

~~~~~
Because supporting your thesis is tough, but throwing adjectives is easy.

Well we could have had only one, if they Cassidy dind't had a contract and demanded the mask.

We still never got an explanation as to HOW Evelyn was able to use the Canary device in the FIRST place.

they just keep recycling the same thing over and over (Archers and Canaries) now that would be a more fitting title.

It was long ago and it was far away,
And it was so much better than it is today....