Arrow : Is the New Black Canary a Meta?

Is the New Black Canary a Meta?

I didn't see any artificial sonic devices on her throat when she screamed those two guys through the window.

Website 👩 https://lilgripes.com/

Re: Is the New Black Canary a Meta?

Well think about it, if Laruel of E1 wasn't there to get her sonic scream then someone else was.... Meaning the new chick

Yeah, hence why everyone's pissed off at Guggenheim and co for never giving E1-Laurel the actual scream. I'm sure the new actress is just fine-- especially for an action role--but it's a "Green Arrow" show and they screwed over Dinah Laurel Lance soooo badly.

they screwed over Dinah Laurel Lance soooo badly.

Right from the pilot.

To be fair, though? They were trying to be grounded from the start, so giving her the scream would have been counter to that. But yes, it should have been the exception IF THEY REALLY WANTED BC ON THE SHOW IN THE FIRST PLACE.

And yes, I say this with the full knowledge that it might have meant Olicity would never have happened.

"Never wrestle with a pig. You get filthy and besides, the pig likes it." Cyrus Ching

And yes, I say this with the full knowledge that it might have meant Olicity would never have happened.

I personally wouldn't have minded Oliver being with Felicity so much if they had just made the Black Canary his sidekick and given her a life outside of him. From day one that role very much went to Diggle instead of Laurel and it should have been Laurel accompanying Oliver on all his missions and being his partner. Just 'cause he was a male and she was a female didn't mean they had to have them a couple. Friends could have worked but the backstory they gave them really destroyed any chances of that happening.

Make Same Sex Marriages Legal In Australia 'cause we deserve to have the same rights as everybody else and shouldn't be controlled by backwards people with outdated views.

I hear that they were planning on having her in the suit from the start, and they really should have stuck to that plan...

"Never wrestle with a pig. You get filthy and besides, the pig likes it." Cyrus Ching

Given her character introduction on the show i believe they should have had her join the League after the season 1 finale and start season 2 with a 2 year timeskip.

Then having her return and be a vigilante aka the Black Canary. At least thats how i would want things to go down.

Yeah, I appreciated that they started off with everyone's powers based in pretty realistic science. But ever since Damien Dahrk and especially now with Ragman, it's weird that they don't have a Black Canary at all on the show... we'll see--if they know what's good, they'll redeem Black Siren and bring that Laurel onto the team.

I never thought of it this way and brilliant.

Probably yes. No devices or tech were seen. Meta human.

Yes she is a meta

So we're getting the Random Canary next week... Good work, Guggie et al, if you work at getting rid of the few remaining comics fans. At least it is the first time you get both Oliciters and BC fans to say "no thanks" at the same time, so that's more than nothing I suppose.

Guggenheim has to check his Twitter mentions right? Cuz his announcement of the new Black Canary was met with nothing but screams of "noo" and pro-Laurel rants, which I support. I just feel bad for the incoming actress cuz she's not getting a fair start on the show. That's Guggenheim's fault though, not ours.

If you are actually saying that the actions of independently thinking adults are somehow the fault of one man, I think we've gone back to grade school.

The Laurel fandom is responsible for their own actions, and if they get hoisted by their own petard because of their behavior (or lack of, in terms of the already-established boycott), it's actually their own fault.

You don't get to justify one part of the fandom not giving the actress a fair chance by blaming it on someone with whom they've already had a beef. If they choose not to accept her, that's on them.

No, of course I'm being facetious at the end of the day. We can always choose not to watch. I'm just making the point that if you're gonna do a thing, you should do it right and as the showrunner, MG has shown inconsistent steering of the ship on multiple storylines and with multiple main characters.

I personally am giving the new actress complete benefit of the doubt... I just feel really bad for Laurel/KC when her arc had so much potential, especially right before her death.

That said, Juliana Harkavy killed it last night. I never doubted her abilities as an actress, especially in an action role.

They screwed up by not giving Laurel the suit right away, going with that horrible backstoy for the romance, and not doing a chemistry test for Amell and Cassidy.

There are just so many reasons why it didn't work that you can't just pin it on one person.

Well, in a sense you can pin it on one person because MG's entire job description (as the "showrunner") is to ensure the quality of the direction the show takes. "Heavy is the head that wears the crown" lol... Showrunners replace the role of a film director on a TV set-- They tend to (rightfully) take all the credit for things that went right but they naturally bear the bulk of the blame when a show pisses people off. I have nothing personal against MG but I think bearing the bulk of the blame is exactly what every showrunner knows they're signing up for.

Except that bulk of Laurel's problems started while Berlanti and Kriesberg were still involved in the day-to-day decision making on Arrow.

Ok, that's a fair point. I didn't know that. Ultimately, MG is probably getting the heat because he is the one "who killed her," which, to be fair to all his haters, was the worst decision of Laurel's arc lol

Well, to be fair to him, after how they screwed her over from the beginning, it was as merciful as you could get.

To address your other point, I agree she should have suited up much earlier. I liked that her training took its time and that she stumbled and fell (literally) on her first 100 missions... But there was no reason for Sara to enter the picture first as the Canary.

Speaking of training Laurel, is Ted Grant dead? I never figured out if Brick killed him in that massive showdown between the Glades and Brick's men. He just looked severely but ambiguously injured. I hope not-- really liked that actor's version of Grant.

Not sure. That entire arc was pretty rushed, and his fate was one of the things that was left up in the air because all they really were aiming for was to put Laurel in the suit.

At a guess, though? I think he has other commitments, so it was a way to let him off the show without being concrete about his fate just in case they needed him again, and he was available.

Now they are just being technical with her being Dinah Drake and a former cop but I'm not impressed.