Arrow : Vandal Savage's appearance

Vandal Savage's appearance

I just started watching episode eight of season 4 "Legends of Yesterday" and they are talking about previous episode with Savage in it. I had to double check it but there was no mention of him before and according to IMDB too this is the first and only time he appeared in Arrow.

It is suppose to be shared episode with Flash (which I haven't started watching yet). This isn't the first time I heard them mention sharing episode with Flash but I never had to watch Flash before to miss critical information. What's more is that in recap Oliver is also talking about Savage in some episode that's not in Arrow series.

Are we supposed to watch both of them simultaneously? What am I missing?

~Luca Brasi sleeps with the fishes~

Re: Vandal Savage's appearance

Yeah.

The story began with the Flash episode Legends of Today, and it continues in the Arrow episode Legends of Yesterday. And it works to setup the spin-off show, Legends of Tomorrow.

It's all part of a shared universe, and crossovers and cross-appearances between shows is not uncommon, yeah.

Yeah I understand the crossovers but this was basically like missing a major episode of Arrow as well and not just Flash.

~Luca Brasi sleeps with the fishes~

It was a crossover. The Flash episode led into the Arrow episode. Just watch the Flash episode after to fill in the missing pieces. That is the fun part of watching TV shows out of order, it makes it kinda like a puzzle.