Arrow : David Ayer's letter of apology.

David Ayer's letter of apology.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C2uzOpGUUAAL7yf.jpg:large

I knew this would find its way to the Arrow board eventually. I posted it so that the mans words couldn't be twisted.

I accept his apology. Its hard to put yourself out there creatively for those you love to judge. He had a lot of pressure thrown onto his shoulders by; executives, fans, the public, bandwagoners and Marvel. I hope DC give him another chance, a fair chance.

Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine.

Re: David Ayer's letter of apology.

What was the amount of time they gave him to write the movie? A few weeks?
The man wrote Training Day and Directed/Wrote End of Watch. Michael Pena was good in that. The man's talent is not in question.
Joker probably would've made for a better main villain, but I hate Harley on the Squad as a concept so that would've probably made her even more of a lead then she was.

I'd replace her with Plastique, Croc with Shark, and Enchantress with Killer Frost, and Katana with Bronze Tiger. Main villain is the Sons of Adam who are tearing Kahndaq apart trying to find the tomb of Teth-Adam. They hire Deathstroke who outmatches both Deadshot and Bronze Tiger in their respective fields and who's expertise is what requires the trinity (Tiger, Deadshot, Flag) to work as a cohesive unit while the others take out the terrorists. We could also establish some Black Adam backstory but with his own movie coming out, I guess there's time for that.

They all strive to deviate from the norm, but collectively swarm to be all the same.

He was given 4 to 6 weeks to write the films script. Then he was forced to conduct reshoots, have the film cut by a tralier department and alter his original vision to facilitate those who disliked the dark tone of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. The odds were never in his favour.

Katana needed to stay.

What do we want? More Asian actresses and actors. When do we want it? Yesterday!

She'd be better suited to the Birds of Prey movie.
She was literally only in the movie to provide Harley Quinn with a means to defeat Enchantress.
What Katana we got, was my favorite character in the movie, but I'd rather her not be in it at all than her to be in it as a prop for Harley Quinn.

They all strive to deviate from the norm, but collectively swarm to be all the same.

👍

Here's hoping he gets a more fair crack at another movie of this genre.

He doesnt even need to do this...

It's Warner's fault

Do you mind if I have a piece of your thigh? It would complement this fine '76 Shiraz

It certainly demonstrates his passion and love for the project. Clearly the poor critical reception has upset him.

Not really his fault...

They should have either given him more time to work on the screenplay or hired someone else to help him write it.

Good apogoly either way.

Someone in the crowd will be the one you need to know...
IRoadA