Arrow : OT: I really wanted to like Doctor Strange

OT: I really wanted to like Doctor Strange

And I ended up loving it! What an amazing movie.

Re: OT: I really wanted to like Doctor Strange

...you had me going there for a second. And I was prepared to bargain.

---
You're suffering from delusions of adequacy.
Cookies: http://tinyurl.com/hj7nl9j

Bargain or Dance-off, either way I'm game

I enjoyed it more than the likes of Ant-man, although it bored me on the second viewing. They wasted Mads Mikkelsen big time. Then again so did Rouge One and everyone seemingly loves it. The Iron man formula was thicker than ever, yet at least the jokes in this movie made me laugh. From memory i rated it well.

Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine.

I enjoyed Ant Man more than most people did but I knew I would since I'm a big Paul Rudd fan and I loved all the trailers/sneak peaks to the movie. Doctor Strange is a whole different story altogether. As you probably remember I hated the trailers and I think Benedict Cumberbatch is overrated in every way. So I really had low expectations for the film going in, but I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. Stephen Strange was an asshòle, who was a dick to everyone in his life (even the girl he loved), so I found him very relatable. Yeah some of his personality traits were similar to Tony Stark but he didn't have his charisma and charm (something that Robert Downey Jr uniquely brings to the role), instead he had that "I'm weird but I'm the cleverest guy in the room" vibe that he usually has when playing Sherlock. So in a way he brought some of his self into the role, which helps differentiate him from RDJ's Tony Stark. They used the "Marvel Origin Story Formula" but I still think they managed to pull it off. There were many similarities to Iron Man (and Green Lantern as some guy on reddit pointed out) so it did have a familiar feel in some ways but I think it had some unique stuff in it too. I felt some jokes worked and others fell flat, and there was quite a bit of unnecessary humour in the movie. The villains were weak and forgettable as you'd expect from a MCU movie. I didn't like the ending scene which made the villain look silly, "I've come to bargain", although it wasn't half as bad as "Dance off bro" from Guardians of the Galaxy. I liked the music they used in the trailers but I was surprised when the music used in the movie was different and forgettable. The visuals were fantastic in some scenes. The story was interesting IMO and kept me hooked throughout. All the actors involved gave great performances (even Mads). So yeah, overall a great movie. Can't wait to watch it again when it comes out in Blu Ray and 3D.

Wow, great review. I'll read your reviews on movies from now on, because I expect you'll actually be telling me something.

~~~~~
Because supporting your thesis is tough, but throwing adjectives is easy.

I want to have your children!

CLICKBAIT TITLE !

~~~~~
Because supporting your thesis is tough, but throwing adjectives is easy.

*shrugs* I just can't help myself sometimes

I knew you would post about this 😄 and I haven't seen the movie yet but I might when it comes out on DVD and Blu Ray here. What is it like and does it connect on to Marvel's Agents of SHIELD like the rumours were saying it would last year?

A note to homophobes: Don't hate me because of my sexuality...Hate me because you don't have the guts to accept yours 😄

It's one of those rare movies where seeing it in 3D enhances the movie by quite a substantial amount.

Marvel TV shows will always reference the Movies but the the Movies will never reference the shows.

Someone in the crowd will be the one you need to know...
IRoadA

^^ Agreed, even though I haven't seen it in 2D to compare, but the movie looked fantastic in IMAX 3D.

Hahaha yeah I think I left the board just before the movie came out so I never really got to express my opinion on it. It was really good, I mean sure I pointed out some flaws above but it's still one of the better MCU movies IMO. Try to watch it in 3D if you can (I can't remember whether or not you have a 3DTV 😀). I am still catching up to Agents of SHIELD (I'm on Season 2) so I don't know if they mention Doctor Strange in it but they do usually reference the events of the movies.

http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/anymB0E_460s.jpg

---
You're suffering from delusions of adequacy.
Cookies: http://tinyurl.com/hj7nl9j

I think so far Doctor Strange is my fave Marvel movie. My other 3 are Winter soldier, Iron-man 1 and Ant-man.

It's definitely in my Top 3 aswell.

No it was a bad movie. its only made so much because people say you have to watch it in 3d. it still hasnt made more than suicide squad despite opening in china unlike suicide squad.

It's not about numbers but quality. SS maybe made more but DS was a much better movie, story wise it was more organized. Let's not forget the breath taking visuals and the professional acting. SS was a mess and the acting was mediocre. So numbers are not the issue here.