Arrow : Mericle in a recent interview about BC

Mericle in a recent interview about BC

As to whether we may see one Canary or another suit up before the season finale, Arrow executive producer Wendy Mericle told TV Line there is "definitely a possibility." Mericle continued, "Look, it's hard to do a show about Green Arrow without having a Black Canary. I don't know if it will happen this season or when, but... we are going to be true to origins in the DC universe, and she's always going to be there."

If a show without BC is hard to do, then why the hell did you kill her in the first place?

Re: Mericle in a recent interview about BC

Because she doesn't know about the comics and is trying to make comic stans/purists happy

The math doesn't add up
Green Arrow debuted in 1941
Black Canary in 1946
They met in 1963

The Black Canary has helped differentiate The Green Arrow character from Batman. Prior to her involvement his stories were mostly boring Batman, formulated stories.

Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine.

Because she doesn't know about the comics and is trying to make comic stans/purists happy

If that were the case, she wouldn't have killed off the Black Canary in the first place. And if she thinks that putting someone else in Black Canary's suit will suddenly make comic book fans happy, she's more retarded than she looks.

They are doing this because they want the death threats to stop

The match doesn't add up 'cause the Black Canary and the Green Arrow debuted separately and the Black Canary had her own comic book series before they put her with Oliver. It was actually the 2nd Black Canary (Dinah Laurel Lance) who was put with Oliver and unless I missed something I don't think the original Black Canary (Dinah Drake) and Green Arrow ever really interacted with each other in the older comic books apart from meeting once or twice.

Dinah Drake interacted more with the Flash than Green Arrow.

A note to homophobes: Don't hate me because of my sexuality...Hate me because you don't have the guts to accept yours

Which ever BC it is they didn't debuted to get her so what Wendy said is debunked

What I want to know is why everyone here thinks New 52 era failed because GA that makes no sense
You can have GA without BC and vice versa but that BC shouldn't be KC

What I want to know is why everyone here thinks New 52 era failed because GA that makes no sense
You can have GA without BC and vice versa but that BC shouldn't be KC

I honestly don't know. I haven't read most of the New 52 Green Arrow comic books yet but I loved the Batgirl, Black Canary, Birds of Prey, Nightwing, Supergirl and Batman New 52 Series and think the New 52 had some great storylines.😃

A note to homophobes: Don't hate me because of my sexuality...Hate me because you don't have the guts to accept yours 😄

New-52 got a lot of things right. The ones it got wrong, were/are mostly fixed by Rebirth.

---
You're suffering from delusions of adequacy.
Cookies: http://tinyurl.com/hj7nl9j

Because she is crappy writer and producer.

If a show without BC is hard to do, then why the hell did you kill her in the first place?

'Cause they ruined the Black Canary character and didn't know what to do with her moving forward so like most bad writers they decided to kill her off instead of trying to fix their mistakes with her but they didn't think they would get any backlash over it 'cause to them she was nothing more than a love interest on the show instead of a hero in her own light. I will say Arrow has improved this season but the writers are still horrible at writing female characters (What they did with Evelyn who was supposed to be based on Starling was awful!!) but I am hoping things might change with Talia Al Ghul joining. I don't have high hopes though and I don't believe them with their *beep* about the Black Canary either.

A note to homophobes: Don't hate me because of my sexuality...Hate me because you don't have the guts to accept yours

The thing that pisses me off about BC is they had the PERFECT opportunity to fix it with Flashpoint and didn't do it. Season 4 made a lot of mistakes and the cast and crew basically admit it. But killing off an OG cast member like that for the hell of it was the worst.

Flashpoint was one way. Sara killing Darhk or at least putting an end to his reign of terror during the 80s was another way. The Arrowverse presented both scenarios this season, yet they pigheadedly kept Laurel dead and introduced a new random character to be the BC instead. There's a reason MG is often referred as Guggentroll.

Well they kind of explained why Sara didn't kill Dark because he is so involved in events that shape the timeline, killing him would cause unknown and drastic changes. Its basically like going back in time and killing Adolf Hitler as a teenager. Does the Holocaust and WWII happen? Or does doing that cause something even worse?

Still, if I was in a room with my sister's murderer and had a shot, I'd kill him. Screw the rest.

The problem with using Flashpoint was- and continues to be- that it means a character on another show is effing with the continuity on Arrow in a major way without letting the consequences play out properly. They can't erase four plus years of onscreen continuity with a reset button their show doesn't control- even if it's to get rid of something segment of the audience doesnt like. (which is why I think the O/F fans who,wanted it used to 'fix' the breakup were also wrong.)

Especially because Barry's actions are supposed to have been a mistake. It's one thing to switch the sex of a baby (though eve that still pisses me off, I loved baby Sara). It's another thing entirely to change a major death that had big ramifications for Two other in-universe shows.