Black Canary and "Arrow"

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Re: Black Canary and "Arrow"

Yep " a canary" is probalbly Felicity *rolling eyes*

Post deleted

They should just have Nyssa take a color Canary codename in honor of Sara and Laurel and occasionally team up with the team.
The only other person who should be Black Canary is Sin, but they botched that character so it wouldn't really make sense unless they introduced a new more comic accurate one like I've suggested in other threads.

I see another joker on the news telling me to play the fool.

Post deleted

My reasoning for Sin was pretty simple. In the comics she is Black Canary's daughter. Not by blood but still. Our only passing of the BC title is from mother to daughter, so if there was no New 52, then Sin could've been BC down the line. But Arrow's sin sucks. Ideally though it would've been like Connor Hawke's Green Arrow but for BC.

The only person who makes sense in terms of "handing down" BCs legacy would be Thea. She was always like a little sister to Laurel.

Barring a new Sin, I don't think even Thea would've been good. Though I might've been more receptive to that than Speedy. The fact that they still try and pass off her and Roy's costume as the same is shameful. Plus Thea is crap compared to Mia.
Had they built something like Thea becoming Black Canary's partner. Maybe giving her a color Canary codename first. Then maybe when Laurel died or retired I could buy her being Black Canary, if done right. Like if Oliver stayed dead and Roy stepped into the green the same reason Wally pretended to be Barry. Because the public shouldn't know their hero died.

Post deleted

Re: Black Canary and 'Arrow'

Sin wasn't an actual daughter, but someone she took in to as an adoptive daughter when she went and trained with Lady Shiva.

She got fired had nothing to do with laurel it had to do with kc

These writers are idiots lets be real. The show has become so far removed of what the comics are.

OMG they really are just awful writers. They had The Black Canary, but they killed her off for some stupid ship. Now they will hand the title over to some Jane Nobody to be and act if its such a great idea. Complete and utter hacks. They deserve to lose their fanbase.

-------------------------->
Arrow Time of death 11:59
RT #NoLaurelNoArrow
Long Live Laurel Lance

Nothing we don't already expect really...

I will see this part of the arc through. If it plays as expected, Arrow will be the first ever show I dropped.

And I will be keeping an eye out for these writers/producers. If I spot them in the credits anywhere, I will think twice about investing time there.

---
You're suffering from delusions of adequacy.
Cookies: http://tinyurl.com/hj7nl9j

So... they had the Canary and they killed her. Then they had the Black Canary and killed her as well, but not before they brought back the Canary. Now they have a version of the Black Canary, but they still need to bring a new Black Canary?

I feel like they butchered so much the legacy of both Canaries that I rather watch an Arrow show without the Black Canary.

There just has to be some crazy backstage reason why Katie Cassidy is gone.

There may have been some behind the scenes drama, but I'd bet it all came down to money. She wasn't worth what they were paying her to literally fold her arms and stand in the background scowling.

Backstage drama plus money is an argument that works for me. But it can't just be money; they're renewing the show at .7 levels; they renewed LoT, which is almost certainly more expensive, based on scope (effects, cast size, concept) alone.

So... yeah.

If so, I'd think there would be a longer interval before she returned.

"I'm Barry Allen and I'm the fastest man a... Darn it Wally! I'm Barry Allen and I'm the 2nd fast.."

Post deleted

Depends on how it went down. And notice she's never around for more than one episode?

That's probably storyline related. If a professional relationship is so toxic that a person is fired, then don't make plans to have them back on set a few months later. Also, she appeared on the Flash not soon after, which leads me to believe she has no problem with working with Berlanti's people.

"I'm Barry Allen and I'm the fastest man al.. Darn it Wally! I'm Barry Allen and I'm the 2nd fast.."

Maybe. I still think there's a story there, and it's not "Olicity fans".

Post deleted

Pretty sure it was just a creative decision. A bad one at that. KC has always been very supportive of the show.

I think with the quality of the show constantly being criticized the writers made a hasty decision to try and shock the viewers by killing off BC. Too bad it backfired, they got even more criticism for that decision.

Post deleted

This, this, ever so much this.

We don't agree on much artistically, but on this we are completely and utterly aligned.

Pretty sure it was just a creative decision. A bad one at that. KC has always been very supportive of the show.

I agree, KC is not the first actress to be killed off or sent upstairs never to be seen again because the character wasn't working out as envisioned. Just as EBR is not the first actress brought on as a day player that clicked and ended up being added to the regular cast. They won't be the last either.

I'm Barry Allen & I'm the fastest man alive. Darn it Wally! I'm Barry Allen & I'm the 2nd fast...

I hope not. It might just stem from the fact that they screwed up Laurel royally (like cdull and Apple4 are bending over backward to try and prove they did with Felicity), and they're trying to fix it.

Which would be much easier to do if they just made Black Siren BC instead.

"Never wrestle with a pig. You get filthy and besides, the pig likes it." Cyrus Ching

There just has to be some crazy backstage reason why Katie Cassidy is gone.

Agreed. What I am very curious about is how much effort the writers will put into the Tina character. Obviously, they put a lot of effort into Sara (e.g. great costume, flashback storyline, Sin, romantic connections with Oliver and Nyssa Al'Ghul, etc.) until they backtracked on her development towards the end of season 2. With KC's BC, they phoned it in from beginning to end. Her BC arc in season 3 was rushed and full of logic leaps - and as soon as she became the full-fledged Black Canary, the writers cut down her screentime to the bare minimum, didn't give her a single storyline and then killed her off. Not to mention that her canary cry was weak as piss and her costume looked like crap. If Tina is written more like Sara was, then it will be further proof that the writers/producers never wanted KC in the BC role to begin with.

Just an aside, KC has gone on the record saying she had input where the costume was concerned, so part of that was her...

"Never wrestle with a pig. You get filthy and besides, the pig likes it." Cyrus Ching

Lol ?There?s definitely a possibility.? is her catch phrase

Its obvious they want BC but they don't want laurel or kc

You're foaming at the mouth again. Did you take your medicine, today?

Don't Jûdgê a Boôk by Its Movîe