Arrow : OT: Batman delayed because Justice League is a mess?

OT: Batman delayed because Justice League is a mess?

For months now, it's felt like Ben Affleck has been negotiating in public with Warner Bros. over the future of The Batman. While it's clear fans want it to happen, he doesn't seem convinced, and it now looks like the project has come to a temporary halt. According to BOF (an admittedly hit and miss source in terms of reliability), production has now been "pushed back" by "a couple of months."

Why does this matter? Joe Manganiello and Jeremy Irons have previously indicated that shooting would begin the Spring, but this would push shooting to the summer. As a result, that rumoured July 2018 release seems extremely unlikely, though plenty of superhero movies have been made and released in around the same sort of timeframe. For the most part, however, they're not good ones!

Here's where things get potentially concerning, though. The article's author claims that they've heard "it's a mess" in regards to Justice League. Considering the fact that Warner Bros. scrambled to change the tone following the response to Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and it suddenly went from being a two-part movie to a standalone, perhaps that shouldn't come as too huge of a surprise!

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/batman/production-on-the-batman-reportedly-delayed-but-is-it-because-justice-a148047

Now as usual we don't know if the author is telling the truth but months before both Batman v Superman and Suicide Squad multiple people/sources said the movies were a mess in the case of Batman v Superman the theatrical edition is a mess and Suicide Squad was also a mess.

The good news here is that nobody is saying Wonder Woman is a mess so it could potentially be the first well received DCEU film.

Warner Bros should just *beep* off and let Ben Affleck do his thing. You can't tell a guy who won an Oscar twice what to do!

"Faith is my sword. Truth my shield. Knowledge my armor." - Doctor Strange
IRoadA

Re: OT: Batman delayed because Justice League is a mess?

The whole DC Cinematic Universe is just screwed. They screwed it up right out of the gate. They tried to be super dark and dour and that didn't work. Now they are trying to rip off Marvel (which is honestly what they should have done in the first place) but nobody at WB knows how to make a superhero movie, as they have demonstrated time after time.

WB can only produce a good superhero movie if they luck out and find somebody with a strong vision. That person is not Zack Snyder.

Not only that but they now have the two worst versions of their top two supervillains, Lex Luthor and Joker.

Wonder Woman is the light at the end of the tunnel these days. We are hoping that since Snyder the idiot is not involved, the movie might actually be good.

Snyder is the producer and had a hand in the script.

ok but he is not directing it, so it shouldn't look like someone took scenes from a video game and mushed them all together. Lets hope that if he had some involvement in the script then its a minor one

He directed some scenes.

He directs action well that's not the problem. His problem is all these cuts, when he directs the story just doesn't flow. Each scene has nothing to do with the next, there is no smooth transition. But his action scenes are great, so at least I think.

I think all of this is just or stuff no talking about Batman till after wonder woman and justice league

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

K.

"Faith is my sword. Truth my shield. Knowledge my armor." - Doctor Strange
IRoadA

Keep it up Roadie😎

Do you mind if I have a piece of your thigh? It would complement this fine '76 Shiraz

The good news here is that nobody is saying Wonder Woman is a mess so it could potentially be the first well received DCEU film.

Someone who was involved with WB and the production of the movie did say it was a mess. It was a long letter. It felt relevant back then and it was discussed everywhere, but they probably fixed (or are fixing) most of the issues.

I'm not hyped for WW at all. I think the JL will probably be the first one that's actually good and the most successful.