Arrow : I think it's time for the CW to evolve

I think it's time for the CW to evolve

The teenage soap opera theme is stopping them to evolve in the same leauge as bigger networks. Now that The Vampire Diaries which is their biggest show is coming to an end, I think it's time for a change. What do you guys think? Should the CW aim to be more like Syfy, ABC or CBS?

Re: I think it's time for the CW to evolve

Personally, I think they have their niche and do well with it. Their parent company isn't going to give them more capital, which is what it would require to compete in bigger markets. There's a place for them and they are successful.

They have a niche and they are perfect for it.

The problem is they keep getting properties and/or genres I enjoy, without them benefiting from the CW formula.

---
You're suffering from delusions of adequacy.
Cookies: http://tinyurl.com/hj7nl9j

I feel they should movie away from that niche or maybe scale a little back with it.

I don't think the CW will ever be big as CBS or FOX for example, but they can join in the ranks of networks like Syfy or MTV.

If you look at shows like The Expanse, it feels more like a grown up Legends of Tomorrow. Syfy has ambition, and managed to get actors like Jay Hernandez and Thomas Jane to the show.

And legends has gotten victor garber, john barrowman, brandon routh, dominic purcell and wentworth miller. Thomas jane is no one special and i had to google jay hernandez to see who the *beep* he was. And he is no one.

Anyway, The Expanse is a much better show than all of the Arrowverse shows combined.

Not better than The Originals though.

SyFy?

"I'm Barry Allen and I'm the fastest man a... Darn it Wally! I'm Barry Allen and I'm the 2nd fast.."

Yeah they started spelling it syfy a few years ago. It's pretty ruhtarded

I was pointing out it's odd he thinks SyFy is bigger than the CW.

"I'm Barry Allen and I'm the fastest man a... Darn it Wally! I'm Barry Allen and I'm the 2nd fast.."

Oh right. Totally rediculous.

SyFy's Killjoys, Stargate etc are better than Arrow, LOT, Flash and Supergirl for sure! MOSTLY SyFy shows are better written than CW shows. My opinion. They are not as popular but they are just more about quality.

The only good Stargate was SG-1 and that was canceled after one season which tells me all I need to know about SyFy's audience. Wait, isn't Sharknado a SyFy production?

What?

SG-1 ran for 10 seasons and 2 movies.
Atlantis was a solid 5 seasons
Universe was 2 then cancelled

Thank you :)
I don't know what the other poster was smoking. SG1 is one of very few sci fi shows that had that many seasons.

SG1 and Atlantis were both good even though I think SG1s first season was terrible. I also feel like both those shows in a way contrast each other just like Arrow and Flash.

MOSTLY SyFy shows are better written than CW shows

I agree!! I love Haven, Continuum, Lost Girl, Eureka, Sanctuary, Dark Matter, the Dead Zone, 12 Monkeys, Wynonna Earp and Sliders and most of them were better written than any of the current superhero TV shows on the CW Network and I think Travelers is better too but I am kinda biased 'cause I am a Mackenzie Porter fan. 😊😂

A note to homophobes: Don't hate me because of my sexuality...Hate me because you don't have the guts to accept yours

They have a certain demographic they want to keep, plus social media is almost parallel with their demographic involving TV. Teenagers actually are why this network survives.

They've been straying from their formula for a few years now, and it hasn't worked out much, besides iZombie.

No Tomorrow, Crazy Ex, and Jane The Virgin, are bombing ratings wise, and only renewed because of golden globes (which half of their demo don't care about) their new "direction" isn't working out.

They have no idea how to make an action series without superheroes.

They're finally giving they're 2008-2013 formula a shot again with Riverdale. We'll see exactly how that goes.

The Vampire Diaries is really the last "Teen Drama" which is more like a teen horror anyway.

The DC shows will keep them afloat for 2-3 more years so they don't have to worry much, Supergirl and Flash will likely last for 10 season at least.

Plus, Supernatural is still there and will (hopefully) outlast our own lives.

Supernatural is still there and will (hopefully) outlast our own lives.

LoL. It'll outlast mine; I'm going to die this year or next. I'm counting on it.

~~~~~
Because supporting your thesis is tough, but throwing adjectives is easy.

I'm going to die this year or next.

I've been saying that for the last 5 years, no such luck yet but I'll keep you posted!

The DC shows will keep them afloat for 2-3 more years so they don't have to worry much, Supergirl and Flash will likely last for 10 season at least.

Melissa Benoist is talented and been in a few shows/movies that garnered her acclaim, no way she gives her prime years to a CW show.

I don't hope she does tbh. I think it can sustain 6 seasons though. After that she should be out.

I imagine she'd like to return to America to live as well.

I'm Barry Allen & I'm the fastest man alive. Darn it Wally! I'm Barry Allen & I'm the 2nd fast...

They tried to force evolution in Jurassic Park and look how that turned out!