Arrow : OT: The number #1 Movie of 2016 is…. Drum roll…

OT: The number #1 Movie of 2016 is…. Drum roll…

1. Captain America Civil War - $1.15B
2. Finding Dory - $1.028B
3. Zootopia - $1.024B
4. The Jungle Book - $966.6M
5. The Secret Life of Pets - $875.5M
6. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - $873.3M
7. Rogue One: A Star Wars Story - $801.9M
8. Deadpool - $783.1M
9. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them - $777M
10. Suicide Squad - $745.6M

Rogue One is struggling to reach $1 Billion and Doctor Strange hasn't opened in Japan yet where it could potentially pass Suicide Squad if it does well there.

Disney will own the top 5 movies of the year when Rogue One passes Secret Life of Pets. Disney only made 13 movies of which only 1 bombed (Alice 2). Their movies in 2016 had an average score of A from audiences and 91% from Rotten Tomatoes, Disney is also the highest grossing studio of all time with over $7.6 Billion made in 2016 only.

Disney's 2017 line up includes
“Beauty and the Beast” (March 17th)
“Disneynature’s Born in China” (April 21st)
“Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2” (May 5th)
“Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales” (May 26th)
“Cars 3” (June 16th)
“Thor: Ragnarok” (November 3rd)
“Coco” (November 22nd)
“Star Wars: Episode VIII” (December 15th)
"Spider-Man Homecoming" (July 7th) Disney-Sony co-production

"Faith is my sword. Truth my shield. Knowledge my armor." - Doctor Strange
IRoadA

Re: OT: The number #1 Movie of 2016 is…. Drum roll…

Wooh Cap Civ War!!!

What are your thoughts on Rogue One? Can't remember if you said anything on this or not

Do you mind if I have a piece of your thigh? It would complement this fine '76 Shiraz

Haven't watched it.

Don't care about it.

Just waiting for Episode 8.

IRoadA

Should give it a go.

Before I went to see it, I thought the ones calling it the best SW movies were exaggerating, or supporting this or that agenda.

...turns out, they may actually be right. About 5% of the movie is cringe, the rest is gold.

---
You're suffering from delusions of adequacy.
Cookies: http://tinyurl.com/hj7nl9j

People have been telling me it caters to Star Wars die hards which intrigues me.

The problem for me is that I dislike Felicity Jones as an actress and the entire subject matter of the film bores me.

I'll wait about a month for it to come to my local indie cinema where you can dine and watch in a spacious theatre. It's not 3D tho.

IRoadA

You say "it's not 3D" as if that's a bad thing. The vast majority of 3D movies are not done well.

I think you'll enjoy it though, more so if you're watching Star Wars Rebels (2014).

---

I like Rebels and found Rogue One highly overrated. Though am very excited for some tie ins. We got Saw yesterday and Dodonna is appearing. The guy who played Admiral Raddus is also already on the show as Tarkin and soon, Obi-Wan so I assume we'll see him since the uniting of the Rebel cells as the alliance will probably happen by season's end.
We haven't seen the last of Saw either.
My hope is some of the background characters like the one Warwick Davis played in Saw's crew, or the alien commando who said Zeb's catchphrase from Rebels appear and get fleshed out.
Plus there's plenty of reason for Cassian and K2 to appear since he's canonically a Fulcrum agent before Rogue One.

I see another joker on the news telling me to play the fool.

More K2 is always a good thing. Always.

---

The number one movie, sure. The best? Nope.

Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine.

It's in my top 10 for sure but La La Land is the best of the year for me.

IRoadA

It doesn't even make my top ten. La La Land is up there, however doesn't take the cake until i see both moonlight and Manchester by the Sea. Due to being in Australia we get them later.

What else ranks above it? Hell or High Water, Hacksaw Ridge, Arrival, Nocturnal Animals, The Nice Guys, Hunt for the Wilderpeople, 10 Cloverfield Lane.

Along with Moonlight and Manchester by the sea, i'll also be seeing Jackie. Many better films have been released.

Hunt for the Wilderpeople was great it's also in my top 10.

I really need to watch Hacksaw and Manchester they both look phenomenal and the script for Manchester is a work of art.

IRoadA

Ofcourse you're watching movies that are focused on art.... on deeper meaning except those who just act like they are soo "special" and focused on art but in reality they're just to amaze one kind of people...
... in my country only about 2-4 movies that are going to be on the Oscars are usually released in cinemas.... La la Land is one of them but I just don't think it's anything special in my opinion.... but I'm going to see Moonlight and maybe that Manchester by the sea movie.... but only on my computer cause as I have said it's not in our cinemas.

Most people go to cinemas for entertainment and fun - mainly young people... that's why these movies have got the best results.

🇨🇿 youtube's channel http://www.youtube.com/user/yinloveyang

I watch all movies. Literally, nearly all of them. I'm a bored person, i go to the cinema to kill sometime and to distract myself. I'm not being pretentious or a douche, however the blockbusters this year just weren't that amazing. Zootopia was the best Disney had.

Civil War deserves it. I'm not a huge Marvel movie fan because i find them predicable and derivative of each other. Sure they are entertaining but you go in knowing what to expect. Civil War though was a brilliant build up from all their into something amazing.

Something DC should have tried before Batman Vs Superman.

I am surprised Finding Dory is above Zootopia. I liked both but thought Zootopia was the best and Zootopia has been a lot more popular here in Australia than Finding Dory was.

The catacombs
And revolving doors inside of my brain
Preachers and whores
And the neon pulpits burst into flames
I come from both
Sides of me and either side of their tracks
Humbling my ghosts
Letting life that floods my veins bring me back

The unshackling of the chains on my wrists
And the loyalty to pain that resists
And the greatest books are talking about this
Why must everybody die to exist?

Haven't seen Finding Dory yet but I somehow doubt it can reach the brilliance that was Zootopia.

---

Haven't seen Finding Dory yet but I somehow doubt it can reach the brilliance that was Zootopia.

It was a good movie but I wouldn't put it in the same league as Frozen, Brave, Zootopia, Tangled and Enchanted and I think it might have been 'cause it was a spinoff from Finding Nemo that it had more success in America.

A note to homophobes: Don't hate me because of my sexuality...Hate me because you don't have the guts to accept yours

The most funny thing is the fact that I didn't see any of those movies (not even the Harry Potter prequel and I was such a huge fan of the original books/movies) and when I saw Deadpool on friends' computer I was quite bored :/ But maybe just maybe I'll give a shot to Rogue.... cause it can be watched without knowing anything about Star Wars.

From Disney I totally refuse to see anything either :) The reason is mine but I have very good reason I think... rather than watching anything from Disney I will watch that famous musical La la Land :) and even though I haven't seen it yet I don't think it will be something special....

We have one popular movie website and one of the most popular films there right now is Deepwater Horizon :)

🇨🇿 youtube's channel http://www.youtube.com/user/yinloveyang

*waves at iRoadA*

Damn Doctor Strange didn't even make top 10? That's sad.

It's #11.

And is that supposed to offend me or something?

Someone in the crowd will be the one you need to know...
IRoadA

That's up to you, were you offended?