Arrow : Will Guggenheim have a bright future?

Will Guggenheim have a bright future?

Will he land on major tv or movie jobs after Arrow? Or is he going to be reduced to a nobody?

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Post deleted

Re: Will Guggenheim have a bright future?

He's already signed a backroom deal to ruin Green Hornet.

I see another joker on the news telling me to play the fool.

What if the new Green Hornet bombs? Would he end up like M.Night Shyamalan?

He has? Where did you hear that and what is it with his obsession with green characters? I mean Green Arrow, Green Lantern and Green Hornet?😨 I am hoping he doesn't do the next Leprechaun movie next just 'cause the character dresses in green.

The catacombs
And revolving doors inside of my brain
Preachers and whores
And the neon pulpits burst into flames
I come from both
Sides of me and either side of their tracks
Humbling my ghosts
Letting life that floods my veins bring me back

The unshackling of the chains on my wrists
And the loyalty to pain that resists
And the greatest books are talking about this
Why must everybody die to exist?

Even though I dont like his running of s3 and s4, he did run s1 and 2 (superior seasons) of Arrow so theres that. Cant really complain about s5 so far. Depends on what you mean by bright future? Imo yeah he'll continue to be in the television/comic business

Do you mind if I have a piece of your thigh? It would complement this fine '76 Shiraz

I'm not sure if the OP is being serious or not... Whether you like him or not, Guggenheim isn't short of work, and won't be for another few years.

Active TV projects:
DreamWork's Trollhunters
Arrow
DC's Legends of Tomorrow
Upcoming TBA DreamWorks series
Vixen
Freedom Fighters: The Ray
+ various guest writer on other shows

Active comic projects:
Arrow
The Flash
Batman
Agents of SHIELD
X-Men Gold
The Rocketeer At War!
Upcoming TBA Dynamite comic
Upcoming TBA Marvel comic
Upcoming TBA IDW comics

Active film projects:
Guillermo del Toro's next film, according to IMDB Pro
Upcoming TBA WB film

Nooooo! Hes going to start riding Del Toro's coattails like Lindelof tried to do with Ridley Scott?

Guggenheim was brought onto Trollhunters over 5 years ago, because he was a successful script doctor before becoming a name for himself. It's not a new thing his relationship with Del Toro.

Trollhunters was meant to be a movie, but they were struggling to condense the ideas down to a script, so Del Toro brought on Guggenheim to produce the film and help him. It was Guggenheim that decided to turn it into a TV series. DreamWorks put it on the backburner at the time, but once Arrow became big, they greenlit it to series.

So the OP really looks dumb, because Guggenheim is already getting projects without Berlanti, and let's be honest, once Arrowverse is over, WBTV will give him a blank cheque for his own show.

Del Toro brought Guggenheim onto Trollhunters 5 years ago...years before the book it is based on was published?

Disney originally announced Trollhunters in 2009, then it moved studios to DreamWorks Animation in 2010, then Guggenheim joined in 2011, it was changed into a TV show in 2012, the TV show was greenlit in 2014, the book was then reworked with Daniel Kraus and came out in 2015, and the show came out in 2016.

Guggenheim is top billed after Del Toro as the executive producer, and has been doing all the press. Why make up lies?

As for his dead film career, he's joining the X-Men franchise for their next phase, so yes obviously it's over for him.

Fanboys try their hardest on here, but it's just silly sometimes. You might not like their work, but to come out with rubbish like his career is over, when he's only just now started getting his own shows, is silly.

Nevermind the fact he's in charge of exactly half the new X-Men comic line, plus all the Arrowverse comics, his own IDW comic, Agents of Shield, and a bunch of others.

If that's the career of a has-been, I'd gladly have it.

Interesting. I didn't know that.

Quality over quantity though. Marc has a reputation for lifting his stories from other works.
I just hope whatever contributions he makes to Del Toro's work are more early Arrow and less everything else.

trolls and their 10,000 and counting can't admit they wrong! they will always be wrong and always be a troll! live live the greatest producer of all time........trolls ahve no right go back to cave and never reurn

He has a show on Netflix he is already doing better than Krisberg

Post deleted

Whatever you think about Marc
"Hollywood" isn't creative anymore all Greg does is change the names of characters its always the same story that is why his pilots get greenlit

What has Andrew done?

Marc has comics shows he will do fine after Arrow

Post deleted

Hopefully not unless he learns to properly adapt female characters from the comic books.

The catacombs
And revolving doors inside of my brain
Preachers and whores
And the neon pulpits burst into flames
I come from both
Sides of me and either side of their tracks
Humbling my ghosts
Letting life that floods my veins bring me back

The unshackling of the chains on my wrists
And the loyalty to pain that resists
And the greatest books are talking about this
Why must everybody die to exist?

Post deleted

No, I don't think so. I hope he is exposed, for all the world to see. And no, I did not mean that literally.

Probably another CW show or a great 2 seasons of a comic book show and then it'll turn into utter *beep*