Arrow : Anyone else dislike felicity?

Anyone else dislike felicity?

I can't stand how annoying she is, and what little she brings to show am I alone on this?

Re: Anyone else dislike felicity?

Someone fishing for more Felicity bashing, how original. It's getting kind of sad how much time the anti Felicity people spend on the boards talking about her more than her fans and writers do.

Just a girl in the world

The majority of viewers are anti-Felicity, that's why you see more posts by them then pro-Felicity fans. It also doesn't help that she has gotten an important role in this show in spite of being a severely underdeveloped character and her increased screen time has taken screen time from more interesting characters and stories.

May the Force be with you.

I know he has me on ignore, but I'll just say this: Unless you can prove that it's the majority, don't say it. And no, I'm not going to take ratings as an answer, as all shows took a hit this fall.

Or Facebook.

Or reddit.

Or Youtube.

Basically, find a place that isn't already a cesspool of hate and show me most people hate Felicity. And yes, Twitter also qualifies as a cesspool. As does certain parts of tumblr.

"Never wrestle with a pig. You get filthy and besides, the pig likes it." Cyrus Ching

In a way that makes the point without leaving room for an answer. If you don't want anecdotes which are often interpretations given with the benefit of hindsight then that's sensible. You do have to remember that the internet in general is a cesspool of hate and females characters are the main targets.

I've watched the show and observed social media etc long enough to remember that before Felicity was a main character. Laurel (and by extension Katie Cassidy) was the most hated. At times all that seems forgotten once she took her final breath (if you can remember #NoLaurelNoArrow), except this was after the amount of time dedicated to her was reduced.

Depending on how you interpret ratings, you can also read critic reviews depending on whether they're general entertainment sources or comic book dedicated sources. By raw numbers the 1st season of Arrow had the highest rating which is what generally happens under normal circumstances. However despite the praise season 2 received and depending on whether social media posters regard the 3rd season as the the start of "Olicity Rot" of the 4th season - the rating for 2nd and 3rd are generally the same with the 3rd being slightly higher toward the end.

As always, correlation isn't always an indicator of causation, but you can interpret that "Felicity hate" only appeared when social media posters interpret that they began hating Felicity when they perceived she was detrimental to the show in general. That's the main issue with debating female characters in general - you're unlikely to stop hating Felicity (or any female character in general) by debating with someone who is a fan of hers and vice-versa. Sadly this can apply to debates in important real life issues.

一瞬千撃

While what you say is undeniably true, the question at the core remains: is she really that hated? In my experience, the only ones who've really been spouting this rhetoric have been comic and/or Laurel fans, which again goes back to your POV feeding into what is and is not a fact.

For me, it seems like the less someone wants their opinion challenged, the more likely they are to block you. This isn't the case every time (those I have blocked have made it their mission to harass me, for instance, in addition to the usual trolls), but certainly it feels that way with some people.

"Never wrestle with a pig. You get filthy and besides, the pig likes it." Cyrus Ching

Based on what, exactly?

Because the people who I know who watch - and no, there aren't that many of them, and they're actually guys who read comics - all still really like Felicity.

So... yeah.

Reddit is no more representative of the 'average' viewer than this place.

You are not alone. That's the popular opinion. Worst character on the show. Worst character on television, really.

I disliked her for a long time because of how they were writing her. This season though, they are writing her like a female Cisco. I think it's great, she's like a 12 on the geek scale now. It's making me forget how annoying she was in that relationship with Oliver.

Nope you are not alone. A large portion of the fandom can't stand the character anymore. I thought as soon as she joined the team she started her downward decline.

-------------------------->
Arrow Time of death 11:59
RT #NoLaurelNoArrow
Long Live Laurel Lance

No. Everyone but the most deluded can see she has been a huge drain on this show and has majorly contributed to it's diminishing quality.

May the Force be with you.

Everyone but the most deluded can see she has been a huge drain on this show
I'm honestly not trying to start anything with you since I had my say in that other thread. But you really have changed in the past few months, I'm not used to this type of comment from you.

Do you honestly believe what you're saying now, that if someone simply has a different opinion - if someone actually LIKES Felicity - they are deluded? Seriously, the entire world, the millions of people who watch this show, must believe exactly what you believe or they are deluded? How egotistical.

So let me get this straight. According to some people on this board, if you actually like a fictional character you are deluded, stupid, a teenage girl, a bored housewife, a bitch, jackass and/or c%nt (hey, Elo!), told to get mental help, and so much more.

The alternative is that your standards for decent writing are just that low.

I'd go with the first option.

---
You're suffering from delusions of adequacy.
Cookies: http://tinyurl.com/hj7nl9j

The alternative is that I'm mature and intelligent enough to understand that ONE character does not solely cause the downfall of a once great show.

The alternative is that I'm mature and intelligent enough to understand that not everyone in the world must agree with my opinions, especially when it comes to a fictional TV show.

The alternative is that I'm mature and intelligent enough to understand that people should be judged by how they act, not what fictional TV characters they like or don't like.

I noticed you completely ignored the point of my comment, but since you jumped into the middle of this conversation please at least address my comment:

Do you honestly believe what you're saying now, that if someone simply has a different opinion - if someone actually LIKES Felicity - they are deluded?

So that's what you believe, that everyone who likes a fictional TV character that you do not, is deluded? Nowhere in this post were we talking about "writing standards" we were talking about calling real life people who simply don't like the same things as you deluded. So how about you address the actual point at hand and THEN we can have conversations about the "writing standards" that you want to talk about.

Everyone who honestly likes - not just any fictional character but this one in particular - is ignoring the major objective flaws with the writing of said character. Almost by definition, that makes them deluded as far as this character goes.

You think I ignored your point. I didn't. I simply pointed out that you work on a false premise. Whether or not someone is deluded or not for liking Felicity, and the writing standards they hold, are not two separate issues, but one and the same.

Unless they admit they like Felicity despite being badly written (in which case, they like her for reasons that have little to do with the character itself), or even because of it. But that's a whole different discussion.

And, as I pointed out before, Felicity is the symptom. She did not cause the downfall. She was just the instrument which facilitated it.

---

Good to know that you are so egotistical that you cannot imagine anyone else in the world possibly feeling differently than you do and liking things that you do not. And if someone dares to think differently than you, they are deluded. That has nothing to do with writing standards, that is solely your ego coming into play.

People are not deluded for liking a fictional TV character that you do not simply because YOU decide that the writing is not up to your standards.

I'm in no way arguing that Felicity is a well written character, I'm simply saying that the people who like her are not deluded, that the entire world does not need to share your opinions. If you can't understand the difference between those 2 points, I honestly don't know what else to say to you (except, I'm about ready to leave so I will have to respond to any reply you might make tomorrow or over the weekend). 😃

If that's what you got from what I wrote... I honestly don't know what more to say to you.

---

Oh, my word. Good to know it's not just a few who think they're being ridiculous. Only those who hold their views (apparently) think they're being sane.

And if your end is any indication, they aren't doing a very good job of convincing anyone they aren't trying to bully Felicity/Olicity fans off the board.

People who like Felicity are deluded? Yeah, cdull has descended pretty low, and it's so disappointing. I wouldn't be surprised if, after what you said, he blocked you, too.

He used to be so level-headed and logical. I guess Laurel's death finally brought out his true colors.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

The obfuscation here is strong and logic went out the window.

However, applying said logic to Oliver, one would be delusional for caring or rooting for his character.

ROFL - hilarious.

Post deleted

putting words in people's mouths I see!
Good lord, what are you blubbering on about now?

I love/adore her and like the Olicity dynamics, but I guess I'm the only one on this board who feels this way. I didn't care for Laurel

You aren't alone, but there's a faction on this board dedicated to making you feel that way.

I've only done fan fics for one show primarily one couple, but they are over, so I resort to doing songs (rewriting lyrics to a specific topic)but I am a member of an Olicity fan page on FB.

& ignore the OP calling her a bitch

Yeah, he's a drive-by poster. They come by, drop a post they know will cause controversy, then move on to the next board.

It's funny how all the Felicity haters on the board bought into it immediately, you know? Never miss an opportunity to complain about her, especially during hiatus when apparently they have nothing better to do.

Have you checked out the Olicity FB page?

There are a ton of those. :) I've looked. PM me a link?

Yeah, he's a drive-by poster. They come by, drop a post they know will cause controversy, then move on to the next board.

It's funny how all the Felicity haters on the board bought into it immediately, you know? Never miss an opportunity to complain about her, especially during hiatus when apparently they have nothing better to do.

So what do you do? You go on an epic cryfest about how the Felicity haters are oh so mean and how your poor feelings are hurt.

*beep* now I'm a hypocrite too!

Yeah, if you're going to be this scathing, you have no business telling me what to do.

If you're going to mock me for saying I'm mocked, then you are definitely being a hypocrite.

Post deleted

If you're new to the show, congratulations! You have taken your first step in a larger world.

How can you not love Fellatio Choak! She's the greatest supervillain ever.

She totally makes the show. It wouldn't be the same without her.

=======================================================
I am Fellatio Choak, My metahuman power is that I give men blowjobs and they then give me all their worldly possessions. When I say men, I mean billionaires or multi-millionaires. Why would I waste my time and talent on poor guys?

My secret identity is Felicity Smoak. I used to be an IT tech at Queen Consolidated but then it became Palmer Technology. I became a Vice President. Now I own the company. How? Blowjobs. I have a really comfortable pair of kneepads. ;-)

I tell everyone I graduated from MIT. What I don't tell them is it's not the MIT in Cambridge. It's the other MIT, McCarran (Airport) Institute of Technology (And Cosmetology). Hey, I'm blonde. Is it MY fault that men believe everything I tell them?

I'm also a Superhero Groupie Slut. They have a support group for that. I used to go but stopped because it was just Selena Kyle and Talia Al Ghul making bitchy comments about each other all evening. It's actually pretty convenient addiction. I get to keep an eye on the heat. Keep your enemies closer and all that stuff. It's hard for superheroes to catch you with their pants around their ankles.

So all you billionaires and multi millionaires out there, beware Fellatio Choak, Superhero Groupie Slut Fellatrix. Superheroes better watch out too or your genitalia will end up floating in a jar of formaldehyde on my bookcase.

www.flickr.com/photos/72833062@N00/18439420499/in/dateposted-public/

www.flickr.com/photos/72833062@N00/18627796351/in/dateposted-public/

www.flickr.com/photos/72833062@N00/18627820531/in/dateposted-public/

I just love it when the actor cooperates and poses doing the universal BJ gesture . ;-)
=======================================================

Post deleted

⚜ Lance is a Saint ⚜
http://youtu.be/PJ8ZL0wX9lo

I like felicity I think she is important she is the zander to buffy the Matt to vampire diaries. People need to have a basic in their lives to make it grounded. If she wasn't there the show would just be to full of characters that could overwhelm the arrow as a main character. Maybe it's because I'm female and never read the comics but yes she's important and likeable to me