Arrow : Boomshakalaka Zack Snyder may not direct Justice League 2!

Boomshakalaka Zack Snyder may not direct Justice League 2!

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Re: Boomshakalaka Zack Snyder may not direct Justice League 2!

Great news.

Post deleted

Why does everybody blame the director and not the executives who hired the director?

Snyder did exactly what he was hired to do, and get fired for it. Yet nobody hold the executives responsible and they continue to make questionable choices.

She's going to hit me with the frying pan.

I thought everyone blamed the executives.

---
You're suffering from delusions of adequacy.
Cookies: http://tinyurl.com/hj7nl9j

Maybe they do and I miss it? But it always seems (to me at least) the director gets the blame.

This changes nothing except the movie might be less visually impressive.

I see another joker on the news telling me to play the fool.

That's non-news, and in this era of fake news, maybe don't post rumors, and people responding shouldn't describe or react to the article as if it says something it doesn't. I mean, read the article closely:

Cut to the present and it was only just revealed that Snyder is set to start work on his long gestating film, The Last Photograph, once Justice League is done. Although that same report indicated that Snyder still intends to return for Justice League 2 thereafter, there’s now all the more reason to wonder if that old rumor about Snyder passing on Justice League 2 was accurate.

It's way too early to tell with any of this. Patience.

I've started to appreciate Snyders work it's immensely underrated but the critics and a majority of the fans dislike him so letting him go is just good for DC's future.

"Faith is my sword. Truth my shield. Knowledge my armor." - Doctor Strange
IRoadA

I'm so glad you think this is great news. What a good idea, fire someone who has made three of the most visually beautiful Superhero films, who has a passion for the genre and who has delivered great direction. All those who rally against Snyder are blind idiots. This isn't a bias thing either, what exactly did he do wrong?

I just tend the bar.

He made two really bad movies. Snyder fans keep bringing up the whole 'visually beautiful' comment again and again as if it's some sort of legitimate defense. I would rather watch a coherent and less visually dashing moving then a visually spectacular nonsense which is exactly what Snyder's last two films have been.

Give me a minute i must go find a source that suggests Snyder was the one who wrote the screenplays to both Man of Steel and Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. On second thought, i know the answer. If the Russo Brothers directed Batman v Superman, with the same instructions it would have been a much worse film.

I just tend the bar.

Screenplay is not the only thing that is wrong with those movies. Bringing a sense of coherency to the story is director's job and he failed catastrophically, especially in BvS. The fact is that the Russo brothers didn't direct BvS. They directed the far better told and helmed Civil War.

I know the screenplay isn't the only thing of importance, it's not my coherency in question. Zack told a great story, more so in the extended cut yes, although it wouldn't have been that way had the studio not intervened. People said Ayer would show Snyder up, are both suddenly terrible directors? Nope. Ayer gets the pass, yet Snyder is public enemy number one.

The bandwagon is officially overpopulated, time to start the culling.

I just tend the bar.

Please, the extended cut is just another excuse. It was still a very dull and drab movie, just with more Clark screentime. Snyder is enemy number one because he failed twice and the second time he showed that he hadn't learnt from the mistakes of the first one at all and add new issues on top of that. He got a pass for MoS, but if you fail twice on such a big project that everyone is anticipating, you deserve to get slammed. He didn't even miss by a small margin. He missed huge. I couldn't believe how ineptly the movie was made with a story that made no sense and characters who spent the entire movie scowling and behaving completely out of character. This was Snyder's vision, and he said so many times himself. His vision was just bad for any character that wasn't Batman and even him he turned into a killer.

Post deleted

Civil War is infinetily better than BVS thought

You only say that because you do not understand the nuanced intricacies of "Martha".

---

Why did you say that name!

I'm Barry Allen & I'm the fastest man alive. Darn it Wally! I'm Barry Allen & I'm the 2nd fast...

Is it though? Or should i say; is it thought? Zemo's plan relies on more hypotheticals then Luthors, the action sequences and direction were worse, the conflict between heroes is petty and childish, Captain America is informally disbarred because the shield belonged to Tony's Daddy, the recruitment of Spider-Man was contradictory to what Tony believed and now affects the Spider-Man movie in turn, another weak villain, more slapstick humor that withdrew oneself from the narrative, the lack of atmosphere especially that of an intense atmosphere, a lack of stakes and emotional engagement. Should i stop? I think i will.

But hey, Black Panther was cool!

I'm sure you will declare this all false and call me bias. Bias, bias me. Hell i could list my problems with Batman v Superman, Man of Steel and Suicide Squad and still be labeled a bias prick.

Rogue one, whilst i know some enjoy it shouldn't be close to 90% on Rotten Tomatoes, its narrative is comparable with Suicide Squad. At least that movie was bad yet enjoyably so. Critics won't bash Disney, especially their big projects. I'm not declaring people are being bribed, however it certainly makes one question the validity of these professionals. It comes back to what i always say, "Critics no longer critique, they review."

Wait, an opinion? Nah everything i have said is false. Its simply because you didn't understand "Martha".

I just tend the bar.

I don't think everyone is saying Civil War was without flaws. But it delivered on many levels BvS did not. The only things BvS really had going, was Batfleck (despite the trigger finger), and Snyder's visuals. And the cameos by Iron Pennyworth and Wonder Catwoman.

BTW, it's "Rogue" not "Rouge", unless the movie is about her makeup. Only commenting on it because you've misspelled it at least twice.

---

I don't think everyone is saying Civil War was without flaws. But it delivered on many levels BvS did not. The only things BvS really had going, was Batfleck (despite the trigger finger), and Snyder's visuals. And the cameos by Iron Pennyworth and Wonder Catwoman.

And that's fine. What's not fine is the constant blind eye shown toward Civil War. If they decided to pick apart the film as much as they did Batman v Superman then the rating would be half of what it is now.

BTW, it's "Rogue" not "Rouge", unless the movie is about her makeup. Only commenting on it because you've misspelled it at least twice.

Sorry. I installed a program called Ginger Grammar that auto corrects any red line under a misspelled word. It keeps changing Rogue to Rouge. It a useful application, especially for someone like myself, yet at least before the mistake was honest. Thank you for the mention.

I just tend the bar.

And that's fine. What's not fine is the constant blind eye shown toward Civil War. If they decided to pick apart the film as much as they did Batman v Superman then the rating would be half of what it is now.

No, not really. Even if any and each of Civil War's flaws was highlighted and ridiculed to death, its rating would remain for one single reason. People enjoyed it (and critics couldn't matter less if they tried, whether they give their opinion on DC or Marvel).

---

Unfortunately the critics will begin to matter as the universe's future becomes uncertain. I don't care that much for their opinions, yet i would still prefer honest ones. I don't want to see an expanded universe with so much potential topple due to those sanctimonious judges. People enjoyed Batman v Superman, i have meant plenty of them. Yet commercially that didn't make a difference. The general consensus remains the same as people look to the critics who present them with "better options".

I just tend the bar.

The vast majority of people I know (online or offline) don't even bother with the critics. They turn to fellow viewers for a review of a movie, if they even get one beforehand. Not quite sure whom the critics matter to, but it's not the people paying for a ticket.

If the DCEU fails, it will not be because of the critics, it will be because of the errors in judgment of the people in charge. They've managed to cripple even movies that are not out yet (Say what you will about his acting chops, but Ezra is no Barry... and they somehow managed to make Momoa look silly in BvS), and it does not look like they're going to stop... at least not in time. ...And I really hope I'm wrong about this.

---

Look at the Imdb message boards and you will find who the critics matter to. I won't lie, currently i'm awaiting their word on Live by Night as the reactions seem mixed. I'll see it opening night regardless, however i don't want to go in and be let down, especially not by Affleck who as a director has done nothing but surpass my expectations. Another example, passengers, a movie that had many hyped was today declare rotten. Many now are not sure if they should "waste their money".

When the Justice League footage came out you mentioned how much you liked the look of Momoa, what happened?

I just tend the bar.

When the Justice League footage came out you mentioned how much you liked the look of Momoa, what happened?

I love Momoa as Aquaman, but what little we saw of him in BvS was... almost unintentionally funny. I still have every faith he will deliver.

---

Post deleted

You're in the vast minority. And the action sequences AND DIRECTION were worse? Is this trolling? Zemo was a strong villain, it's insulting to even compare that portrayal to Eisenberg's Luthor which was a pretty pathetic performance. And Tony's performance was exceptional and could be argued as a villain in his own right in a sense depending on which side you stand.

MOS, BvS, Suicide Squad are all amateurish compared to the coherent movies Marvel has put out so far. They make Thor 2 look good in comparison.

But your Mom's name is Martha too so forget everything I said we're cool.

Yes, the action in Batman v Superman was far superior. Not only done better tonally and atmospherically, however the direction toppled Civil Wars. The airport scene whilst "fun" wasn't that well done. Zemo was a strong villain? Again, he relied on to many hypotheticals. Eisenberg did well, people simply refuse to listen to his dialogue and accept that he isn't Lex. Snr. I didn't say anything about Robert's performance, but... ok?

I just tend the bar.

Not only done better tonally and atmospherically...

Even if one was to give you that, a single line of dialogue was enough to kill any momentum faster than a needle scratch on a record.

And don't get me started on the idiotic "oh it was Lex Jr." excuse of a retcon.

---

That's not my excuse for Lex, i love him. His dialogue perfectly explains his behaviour.

I just tend the bar.

Far superior? Pointless fight scenes, poor CGI and a dumb end scene against Hobbit Troll Doomsday makes great action? It wasn't good tonally or atmospherically. It was unsteady and lacked substance. The airport scene alone was better than the whole BvS movie. The tone for the end fight between Tony, Cap and Bucky had meaning and you could actually feel the characters. The fight between Superman and Batman was forced and ended in the most pathetically anticlimactic way. And yes Zemo a strong villain, the portrayal was highly praised while Eisenberg's rightfully mocked. Lex's dialogue was honestly as pathetic as "Martha". But that goes with everything the current DCU has put out thus far, pathetic dialogue. Every villain can rely on hypotheticals in a sense, but Zemo's strategy was coherent and clever and almost succeeded. I'm good on this discussion though, your thoughts almost feel like trolling they're so off base.

I don't think you understand what i mean by atmospherically. Funnily enough i'm focusing on my opinions whilst you continue to try and throw the general consensus at me. Zemo's plan was coherent, do you know what hypotheticals are? The airport scene was executed well? They could've at least had a good score to build tension, meaning and stakes.

Like most characters Doomsday must evolve, you don't really believe Superman will rise from the dead and that doomsday won't eventually? The problem with you is you don't understand character development. Every Marvel character doesn't continue to receive development after their first movie. Hell i doubt you will admit that Marvel have a massive villain problem. Malekith, who?

DCEU has pathetic dialogue? Just because you dislike Martha you cannot seriously believe the dialogue is worse than Civil War? The one thing people praise the DC Cinematic Universe for, if anything, is the great score and thoughtful dialogue. Also Batfleck.

Twice now you have mentioned i'm trolling for possessing an opinion. You're a real character you know that. What you devalue everyone who doesn't think how you do.

I just tend the bar.

Since your reply is condescending. I'll cut to the point and say your opinions are dumb and in the minority, so don't bother focusing on them. I'm not simply throwing around general consensus, I'm pointing to that trying to be polite saying your options are dumb.

Saying Zemo's plan was coherent was separate from pointing out a lot of villains plans are based on hypotheticals. Zemo's plan made sense even if it took a lot of generalized guessing his results would come to fruition. Guess what, a lot of villains plans work like that. His character created a real conflict and the process was coherent. Lex on the other hand was a embarrassing display and mockery of a classic character.

I think you can't handle someone questioning your "I'm one of the few who like BvS" opinions by saying you don't understand what atmosphere means. It's atmosphere without meaning, Snyder's go to.

"Doomsday must evolve, Superman must rise from the dead". LOL is this an act? Doomsday made Malekith look good in reality. It was one of the worst created CGI characters in a big budget movie in some time. Totally wasted and never gave real meaning to a top DC villain.

The current DCU has embarrassingly pathetic dialogue. If you don't see that you're part of the problem as to why they keep putting out trash movies. MOS, BvS, Suicide Squad all horrendous dialogue. And when had the dialogue been praised? It's been mocked if anything.

And I think you're trolling because you're opinions are so over the top it makes it appear that way, sorry. What are you even doing here you think Arrow is a 5 level show?

Be good Martha. Start being real to help the DCU get their act together, people like you make them think it's ok to put out garbage because some will pay for it.

Ignored.

Austrapol is just like that when you criticise BvS. Becomes sensitive and patronising. Apart from that he's pretty cool.

Do you mind if I have a piece of your thigh? It would complement this fine '76 chiraz

Well in all fairness BvS doesn't deserve all the criticism it gets. So I don't blame Austrapol chewing bubble gum and kicking ass.

I thought it was a Duke Nukem reference..

You called me bias when i voiced my opinion on Rouge One, you called me bias when i praised Doctor Strange and Civil War, you will call me bias ten times over within the next year, each one contradicting the other. Thanks for the compliment, you're a pretty cool guy yourself!

I just tend the bar.

I would reply with a sensible argument, however it seems you have already blocked me for sharing an opinion. One might consider that cowardice. I consider it cowardice. Although i must mention that you call me out for watching Arrow, yet you too are here.

I just tend the bar.

Action in Civil War was so much better than BVS, Even without the airport scene which to be honest was not my favorite action sequence in the movie, My favorite was at the begining against crossbones and his "Minions", Also the chase with Winter Soldier and Black Panther, Those two alone were way better then anything in BVS and do not even bring Suicide Squad because action there was even worse

The warehouse fight between Batman and the henchmen was superiorly choreographed, shot and executed. The fight between Batman and Superman was once again shot beautifully, choreographed perfectly to show the human like slug match that would occur once Superman was weakened and was perfectly accentuated by an amazing score. Just because you disliked the 'Martha' resolution, doesn't make the fight terrible.

Civil war on the other hand had sloppy camera work, one of my main complaints about the airport scene. I enjoyed the final fight however a score would have helped to increase the intensity and or raise the stakes.

I never brought Suicide Squad into this. Again, i constantly admit it's terrible. Talk about subjective reading...

I just tend the bar.

One thing is to talk about a scene as a whole and another thing about something specific, Music or stakes should not count when only talking about how good or bad a fight coreography was, The fighting coreography itself was better in Civil War, I never said BVS fight coreography sucked BTW, Music was way better in Batman V Superman the original soundtrack they made is beautiful, I am not going to argue against that, Specially the wonder woman intro song, Was my favorite, It still does not change the fact that overall Civil War is way better than BVS

Civil war is a very overrated movie

It might be, Still better then BVS which is the point i am making

In your opinion, some would disagree

Yes some disagree, More people agree with me than they disagree tho

but the people who disagree are just as valid tho