Arrow : OT: Deadshot Solo, Suicide Squad 2 and Gotham City Sirens developing

OT: Deadshot Solo, Suicide Squad 2 and Gotham City Sirens developing

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/gotham-city-sirens-movie-david-ayer-margot-robbie-reteam-all-female-dc-villains-project-

The next few years of Cinema are going to be interesting since there's going to be more superhero films than ever before which may burst the Comic Book bubble and kill the genre but we shall see.

I'm not particualry looking forward to any DC project except for Affleck's Batman which is my most anticipated Comic Book Film aside from Infinty War.

"Faith is my sword. Truth my shield. Knowledge my armor." - Doctor Strange
IRoadA

Re: OT: Deadshot Solo, Suicide Squad 2 and Gotham City Sirens developing

The influx of Superhero films won't kill cinema, people will. All year i have heard constant complaints about nothing good hitting the screen due to the large number of comic book related movies being produced. Those making the complaints are simply lazy, this year has seen many fantastic, lower budget films released. Alike next year has many more great non blockbusters hitting the screen. Many already have a place on my must see list.

I'm glad these movies are being made, eventually the genre will quiet down and i will be blessed with having the memories of the comic book gold rush.

In other news, Affleck has given a small update on his Batman film. I was going to make a thread but i figure here will do:

Affleck was asked about the process of writing and directing the upcoming solo Batman movie, responding by saying they “still have to get a screenplay and get it together.” The interviewer Chip McGrath then probed deeper, thinking Affleck was writing the movie himself, with the star replying:

I am, that doesn’t necessarily mean that it’s going to be good. [Laughs] I’m a real believer in not doing, not reverse engineering projects to meet a window or a date, but rather like when you get the right story or you get the right idea or you get the right thing, then you make the movie. And so that’s what we’re doing, and I’m hoping to get that done and spending a lot of time on that, but I’m also working on other stuff. And if I could, if I can find it right then there’s nothing I’d love more than to direct a standalone, you know, iconic great Batman movie.

I just tend the bar.

I'm glad these movies are being made, eventually the genre will quiet down and i will be blessed with having the memories of the comic book gold rush.

I'm a bit saddened by it but alas nothing lasts forever.

It really shows how far Affleck has come to even have influence over the release date. He can take all the time it needs to deliever the film.

IRoadA

Affleck has regained a lot of lost respect. Unfortunately his new film seems to be on the rocks, i still believe it will be critically fresh although if it isn't i can certainly see people using it as a means of crapping on Affleck. You're right, he will never catch a break.

I just tend the bar.

What about WW or Justice League?

Do you mind if I have a piece of your thigh? It would complement this fine '76 chiraz

They're all coming out.

DC is going to be releasing 6 CBM's a year at this pace.

IRoadA

No, I mean aren't you excited about those?

Do you mind if I have a piece of your thigh? It would complement this fine '76 chiraz

Not even a little bit.

IRoadA

You didn't like the WW or Justice League trailers?

The Justice League trailer needs more Lex Luthor.

She's going to hit me with the frying pan.

Cowbell. It needs more cowbell.

---
You're suffering from delusions of adequacy.
Cookies: http://tinyurl.com/hj7nl9j

Oh so that's the bell that's been rung!

More Lex Luthor? I would rather see some different villains used for a change 'cause we have had a lot of adaptions of Lex Luthor used in Superman movies and TV shows now and there are so many good Superman villains that have yet to even appear in movies and TV shows. Hopefully these movies can change that but I would love to Braniac again in Man of Steel 2.

Fun Fact of the day: There are only 12 more sleeps until Christmas and IMDB should add more Christmas emoticons. 🎅 🐨

I know he is overused but he is going to be in Justice League and I am curious to see what he is up to.

If I remember correctly he was locked up at the end of Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice so it is going to be interesting how he gets out too. I don't mind seeing Lex in some more movies but I would rather him take a background role or be more the brains of an operation, so to speak while Superman faces other supervillains who are a bigger threat to him like Braniac, Bizarrio, Atomic Skull, Parasite, the Eradicator and Imperex.😃

Fun Fact of the day: There are only 4 more sleeps until Christmas and IMDB should add more Christmas emoticons. 🎅 🐨

Agreed. Superman has so many great villains but we never see any beyond Lex Luthor and Zod!

Sure Dawn of Justice gave us Doomsday but he was this weird clone of Lex and Zod!

Sure Dawn of Justice gave us Doomsday but he was this weird clone of Lex and Zod!

Yeah. That was weird and I would have preferred if they had used the Smallville version with Doomsday being the son of Zod and having a human form as Davis Bloom but this time Davis could have been fully aware he was Doomsday from the start and could turn into his monster form anytime he wanted to. That would have made him really dangerous.

What do you think they will do with Darkseid?

Fun Fact of the day: There are only 2 more sleeps until Christmas and IMDB should add more Christmas emoticons. 🎅 🐨

That would be interesting, especially if Doomsday was created to be the last chance for Zod to get revenge on the House of El.

I really have no idea what they will do with Darkseid. Whatever it is I hope it doesn't dilute his character or come across as a rip-off of Thanos.

Whatever it is I hope it doesn't dilute his character or come across as a rip-off of Thanos.

Hopefully not but it doesn't look like they are using Darkseid as the main villain in the Justice League movie and are instead going to use Steppenwolf as a build up to the Justice League facing Darkseid. I am not sure how I feel about that yet but part of me thinks it is a mistake to use a lackey as the main villain instead of using a more powerful villain like Braniac. Braniac is rumoured to be in Man of Steel 2 as you know along with Supergirl who I think Superman will be teaming with to defeat him but he could have easily been a Justice League villain too. Solomon Grundy or Gog could have too or a few different villains working with Lex Luthor.

"So they say homosexuality is a sin....So is sex before marriage, lying, cheating, stealing, lust, pride, murder, adultery, gluttony, greed, wrath etc. Oh but you forgot those parts when you were murdering us and going home to *beep* your sisters, cousins and mothers."

I guess they want to build up to Darkseid instead of starting out with him. I was hoping they would use a Justice League foe like Starro the Conqueror! Now that would be unexpected and original for a comic book movie. Yeah there are a lot of rumors for Man of Steel 2. Brainiac and Supergirl would be great. Though I'm not holding my breath. I don't want to set myself up for disappointment!

May the Force be with you.

Though I'm not holding my breath. I don't want to set myself up for disappointment!

Same here but with all the upcoming movies they have a chance to finally bring in a lot of characters and villains that have never been used in movies or TV shows before and I am interested in seeing who they are going to use. Apart from the one you named are there any villains you would really like to see in the movies? I mostly want to see more Batman, Wonder Woman and Superman villains 'cause considering how long those characters have been around for we are yet to see most of their a large number of their most popular villains outside of the Joker and Lex Luthor and haven't seen ANY Wonder Woman villains in movies. Green Lantern has a lot of villains too and I wonder if they use Solomon Grundy in a movie if he will be in a Batman or Green Lantern since he was a Batman and Green Lantern villain.

"So they say homosexuality is a sin....So is sex before marriage, lying, cheating, stealing, lust, pride, murder, adultery, gluttony, greed, wrath etc. Oh but you forgot those parts when you were murdering us and going home to *beep* your sisters, cousins and mothers."

There are a ton of villains I would love to see in a movie. Mongol, Metallo, Parasite, Myxzptlk, Toy Man, Prankster, Cheetah, Ares. Heck pretty much any character from Greek mythology. Every time I think of a Batman foe I keep coming back to one who needs a proper depiction in film. I'll probably kick myself later when I remember someone. Did Hal Jordan or any other Corps men fight Grundy? I know Alan Scott did but he's not associated with the Corps.

Those are good choices. I would like to see some of them too along with more female superheroes most of all and I am looking forward to finding out what villains are going to be used in the new Wonder Woman movie. Do you think they will have one main villain or multiple villains? I would like to see a few 'cause Wonder Woman has a lot of good villains too and if they make a sequel I hope they have Wonder Girl in it. I am also looking forward to seeing what villains they use in the next series of Spider-Man movies and I heard Shocker is going to be in the new Spider-Man but he isn't going to be the same as he is in the comic books and they have changed him in some ways. I would like to see them use Mysterio and I liked how they used him in the Spider-Man 2 game based on the movie.

Did Hal Jordan or any other Corps men fight Grundy? I know Alan Scott did but he's not associated with the Corps.

I am not sure. I haven't read all the Green Lantern comic books but I know Solomon Grundy appears in a lot of Batman comic books and for that reason I think he has become more of a Batman villain than a Green Lantern over the years just like Deadshot has become more of a Batman villain.

Rumor has it that Ares will be in Wonder Woman, as will Dr. Psycho. Ares makes sense since this takes place during the war to end all wars and Dr. Psycho makes sense due to the gas destroying the gas mask in the trailer.

I heard we see Shocker in the trailer and he's not in costume. Which might be for the best because I think the costume would be hard to translate into real life.

I would love to have Mysterio in a movie. Other villains I would love to see are Chameleon, Kraven the Hunter, Sandman, and Scorpion.

Well it makes sense Batman faces Grundy a lot as he is from Gotham City. I thought Deadshot was always a Batman villain and eventually became a much larger menace to the entire DCU? Have to look into that because my memory is hazy.

Rumor has it that Ares will be in Wonder Woman, as will Dr. Psycho. Ares makes sense since this takes place during the war to end all wars and Dr. Psycho makes sense due to the gas destroying the gas mask in the trailer.

Thanks for letting me know about that. I didn't hear that one either and I am really hoping the new Wonder Woman movie is successful so they can make a few sequels and feature multiple Wonder Woman villains like Cheetah and Decay. I think Decay would be an interesting choice 'cause she is one of Wonder Woman and Supergirl's Supernatural/ Horror villains and we haven't seen anything like that in the DC or Marvel movies so far and I think the character could work in a movie if she was written right. I heard a few rumours last year that Cheetah was going to be in the Wonder Woman movie but with so many rumours currently floating around online about the DC movies it is hard to tell which ones are real and which ones aren't and then there have been some cases where the rumours have turned out to be true but the writers have chosen to go down a different path like the ones about Chloe Sullivan being in a bigger role in Man of Steel which one of the creators confirmed they were planning on doing at one point. Cheetah could definitely work in a movie and I would be surprised if they don't use her if there is a sequel. Ares is a good choice but I am surprised they didn't go with one of Wonder Woman's female villains. A lot of my friends and my Aunt who are going to see it think it looks really different than the TV show but they are looking forward to it.

http://static2.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_small/0/6535/1284533-decay01.jpg

I would love to have Mysterio in a movie. Other villains I would love to see are Chameleon, Kraven the Hunter, Sandman, and Scorpion.

They are good choices too. With Spider-Man it is hard to chose 'cause he has so many good villains and characters to choose from and I heard Mysterio was one of the names Sam Rami was planning on using if he had gone through with the original 6 Spider-Man movies. I think they should make a movie with the whole Sinister Six in it and I heard Sony were making a movie of the Sinister Six without Spider-Man but when the Amazing Spider-Man 3 was cancelled I think that movie was cancelled too along with their Venom and Spider-Woman movies. I don't think the Sinister Six would work without Spider-Man and should be introduced in a Spider-Man movie together (as already existing in the universe) or one by one in the upcoming movies. With Marvel saying they have plans for another Spider-Man movie I think the Sinister Six or some of the members could be very likely. I am hoping they try and have Spider Woman and Black Cat in the future movies and they keep Jessica Drew older and don't make her a kid to fit with Spider-Man. I have a feeling they will make Black Cat younger though.

Well it makes sense Batman faces Grundy a lot as he is from Gotham City. I thought Deadshot was always a Batman villain and eventually became a much larger menace to the entire DCU? Have to look into that because my memory is hazy.

I think he might have been too but I am not sure 'cause there have been so many that have gone back and forth. Deathstroke originated as a Titans and Nightwing villain but then moved onto Batman and other superheroes and the Riddler is a Green Arrow villain too and has appeared in a number of Green Arrow comic books but I don't think this show can use him 'cause the character is being used in Gotham which is a shame. I see no reason why somebody couldn't use Catwoman or Poison Ivy though since in Gotham they are only kids and having them as adults would be completely different.

Hi, how are you? I'm pretty fine
Your eyes are red, well I am tired
Please stay away from what is mine
Blah blah blah blah blah blah!!

I enjoyed them but I have no faith in the writers and directors of both those movies.

IRoadA

I have faith in Terrio, especially now that he can work outside of the Goyer's constraints.

I just tend the bar.