Jeri Ryan : What a great lady.

What a great lady.

When I was growing up and watching the original Star Trek, I (as a male) could never quite figure out exactly why so many women swooned over Leonard Nimoy as Mr. Spock. Well, in 1997, when Jeri joined Voyager, I got my answer.

Although I was in my mid-30's by that time, I came about as close to having a crush on Seven as I care to admit. Within a few months, I was actively involved in her online fan club as was working hard on obtaining old photos and videos of hers, including her (second or third) runner up performance in the Miss America contest for 1988 or 89.

Subsequently, I had the chance to correspond a small amount with her, and I have to tell you, no movie star could ever have more gracious or appreciative of her fans. I have a number of autographed photos passing along kind messages to me, as well as a few hand-written notes, and I really treasure these.

It has been very gratifying over the years to see her have a successful career, even it has never risen to the level of true super-stardom. I recall that she was very seriously considered for the role of Lara Croft in the Tomb Raider series, and I believe she would have been great in these.

One thing I do recall is wondering about her motives when she divorced her rich husband after she had become a star (and after he has supported her financially while she was getting started.) Of course, it turned out that he was a true jerk and her motives were all together understandable.

I've always thought she had the most beautiful eyes in showbiz, and she remains quite the looker even today. All my memories of participating in her fan club are very pleasant, and I could only wish that others who have achieved the sort of success that she has could have done so with as much grace and humility. Hats off to you, Jeri! Here's to your continued success!

"He was running around like a rooster in a barnyard full of ducks."--Pat Novak

Re: What a great lady.

What a nice post. Jeri still looks great and can compare with women in their early thirties lookwise (like Beth Riesgraf).

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Really lovely post, it's wonderful to reminisce about the past sometimes
Jeri Ryan is a one of a kind woman, unbelievably attractive, gorgeous, gracious, generous, charming, affable, a truly beautiful soul

Spoilers!Spoilers!Spoilers!Spoilers!

I've always thought she had the most beautiful eyes in showbiz

The closeups of '7 of 9' during many voyager episodes were just equisite.
She does have incredibly gorgeous eyes situated on an equally gorgeous face.
Beautiful eyes, full sensual lips, incredible figure and a talented actress.
Always been a fan since Voyager