Jeri Ryan : Her tragedy started Obama's political career

Her tragedy started Obama's political career

Over-looked fact. When her husband Jack was drummed out of the race for Illinois State Senate, the democratic long shot, Barack Obama, won handily. How ironic that the GOP, guardian of family values, spawned a candidate who enjoyed adult pleasures ( what's the big deal?) and then became the victim of the sexual repression they so embrace.

Since it came to pass, it was obviously part of God's devine plan which makes it a double irony. We luv ya, Jeri!

Re: Her tragedy started Obama's political career

Jack Ryan relied upon the court's seal on his divorce from Jeri to keep his "family values" credibility.

Jack's "adult pleasures" consisted of wanting Jeri to engage in sex acts with strangers in sex clubs in Paris. He made two attempts to force Jeri to have anonymous sex in these clubs and that was a significant part of the grounds that the Court used to limit Jack's arguments in favor of little, or no, alimony.

Jack Ryan wanted to watch his wife have anonymous sex with dozens of people watching - while he clearly knew that a single photo of Jeri in such a setting would destroy her career.

Jack is a bad boy and he sewed the seeds of his own destruction by lying about his divorce and the broken marriage caused by his sexual aberrancy - assuming that a sealed divorce could never be unsealed. He was wrong. Jeri consented to the unsealing of the record and because Jack had placed his "family values" in play in his candidacy - the Family Court determined that Jack had waived his right to keep the record sealed.

If God has a divine plan then it was divine intervention to have a pervert run against Obama....

Ryan claimed he tried to force her but she has also said he was a good husband and father. Good husband and fathers don't try to force wives into threesomes. She was lying to to improve her chances in the divorce.

Rubbish. Obama started on his career a long time before that - just because you hadn't heard of him doesn't mean that he started when you did.

--
Lets nuke the site from orbit - its the only way to be sure.

Obama started his *national* career in this election. However, Jeri Ryan may not have had much impact. Obama was expected to beat Jack Ryan handily even before the scandal. This was due in large part to crimes committed by the former governor of IL, Republican George Ryan (no relation).

Obama's real "break" was in the primary. Obama was running third in his own party when front runner Blair Hull had *his* messy divorce unsealed. "Hull plummeted from front-runner status amid revelations that an ex-wife had alleged in divorce papers that he had physically and verbally abused her."
http://www.chicagotribune.com/technology/chi-0403170332mar17,0,6048572.story

So give Brenda Sexton the credit and give Jeri Ryan an assist.

I think it is a tradgedy, I mean How cool would it have been to have a president called Jack Ryan?

Hell is other People

Re: Her tragedy sta
5b4
rted Obama's political career

I think it would have been a clear and present danger. Would be no time for patriot games.

and it would totally be the sum of all my fears

I agree with the irony. And what ever you think about Jack Ryan, but he was leading in the polls when the scandal hit.

Mr. Obama may have won regardless of the scandal, but Ryan's "exit" from the race insured Obama's victory, as he went on to win handily.

As in so much of life, fortune, or serendipity inevitably plays a role.

Ditto "give Jeri Ryan an assist"

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

The reason for the Motion to Seal - and the Court's acquiescence - was the potentially negative impact on Jeri Ryan's career - read the pleadings (FWIW, almost every entertainment figure who has a divorce has the file sealed - to keep their private information from the tabloid press).

It is also the reason that Jeri's waiver was effective in unsealing the case file - Jack had made no motion to the Court seeking a seal for reasons of his own.

If Jack and his counsel had so moved and the Court had granted both parties' motions then Jeri's waiver, alone, would have been insufficient to unseal the proceedings.

Jack was acting entirely within the standard pattern of of his mental illness - unable to plan for the future as demonstrated by failing to plead a personal basis for a seal for reasons entirely different than his ex-wife's reasons. He, no doubt, was presented with the option by his counsel (a standard motion for public figures) and he rejected it - thus sewing the seeds of his own political destruction.

Remember that Jack lied about his divorce in public statements made during his campaign and his political plank - the policy issues upon which he predicated his candidacy - was inopposite to the life that he lead. His duplicity and mendacity were exposed with the unsealing of the pleadings.

His opponent is irrelevant - the man's judgment was demonstrated to be grossly flawed and BOZO the CLOWN would have prevailed over the candidacy of this sociopath.

You are incorrect attributing release of the case file to a FOIA request.
FOIA has no efficacy on state court documents - it is a federal act that applies to federal agencies. Illinois substantive law controlled. Absent Jeri Ryan's waiver of her seal - the file would still be sealed.

that's not what was reported at the time:

But Schnider said he had weighed the public interest of disclosure against the private interests of the Ryans and their child. "In the end," Schnider found, "the balance tips slightly to the public.

"They were aware they were in a public court system and protection from embarrassment cannot be a basis for keeping from the public what's put in public courts," said Schnider, referring to Ryan and his ex-wife, actress Jeri Lynn Ryan. Additionally, Schnider said, "the openness of court files must be maintained, so that the public ... can be assured that there is no favoritism shown to the rich and the powerful."

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/chi-0406180364jun18,0,2715628. story#axzz2qL30pwlS

You, and others here, make it sound as if unsealing the divorce papers just "happened". No, this was perpetrated unlawfully by our now president. And Ryan wasn't the only time this happened. What a piece of garbage we have in the White House.

Billy the Kid

"Pervert"? "Aberrany"?

Am I the only one who'd love to see Jeri Ry 5b4 an engaging in sex acts with strangers in a Parisian swinger's club?

Post deleted

You are pigs. My ex-husband had the same perversion. In our culture, the husband is usually viewed as a protector of his wife, not a voyeur who gets off by watching HIS wife being *beep* by another man, and not based on her desire about 100% of the time. There is a psychiatric term for men/husbands who desire this.

Post deleted

Actually, there is a psychiatric diagnoses for these sick puppies. Chemical castration has been ordered by courts where some of these men have acted out and crossed the line into criminal violations.

Me - I'm for locking them up and throwing away the key. Keep these perverts locked down until they expire behind bars.

All of the "Megan's Laws" out there are wholly misguided - we simply need to revisit the existing statutes and make the vast majority of sex crimes punished with life without parole.

No I don't want to see Romeo/Juliette cases treated this way (the two teenagers having consensual intercourse at 17 and one has their 18th birthday and is charged with statutory rape.... a very bad outcome) nor the majority of consensual acts between adults - but I do want the rapists, pedophiles and sadists tossed into the deepest, darkest hole in the penal system of their states and kept there preferably incommunicado - as we have done with the Blind Sheikh Omar Abdel-Rahman.

Cutting the perverts off from the world, for all but their legal counsel, for the rest of their lives and then burying them in unmarked graves inside the prison compound is the correct punishment. Make them cease to exist for the world at large...

Would that Jack Ryan could join that number....

What a damn foolish statement. And, as much as I would like to say that you are a lone voyeur - it is clear that the public has an insatiable appetite for celebrities's sex lives.

Hugh Hefner made a massive fortune by starting his Playboy publication with the premiere issue of December 1953 featuring semi-nude photos of the actress Marilyn Monroe.

Over the 57 years since, hundreds of women with careers that make them public figures, have appeared nude in Playboy. You are clearly a consumer of such fare....

Enjoying the fantasy is one thing; forcing the real woman to do it against her will is another. I trust you didn't intend to infer that you do enjoy forcing women to engage in sex acts for your amusement?

Yup, because the American left is so known for staying true to their beliefs. They manage to maintain their tolerance when calling others racist, homophobic, sexists and it's so refreshing when Al Gore wags his fingers in our faces on environmental issues from one of his many mansions.

====
Mixing Hollywood idiocy with politics is an Obamanation.

Good post tonydomino-1, I'm glad that this hasn't been forgotten. I like to take it a step further by saying that if it wasn't for I Love Lucy being successful Desi Arnez wouldn't have had the money to start DesiLu productions and Star Trek would have never of gotten made. Of course we can take it back and keep taking it back but I'm a Lucy enthusiast and a Star Trek fan.

JUST saw your post. Word

How do you know the allegations are true? Even if they are, all the guy did was went into a sex club with his wife. I don't think that quite qualifies as a "tragedy" for Jeri Ryan. It could qualify as a tragedy for the United States of America, stuck with Barack Obama. I hope Jeri's real proud of herself.

Wasn't Obama ahead of Mr. Ryan in the election anyway before the silly scandal broke? And I really doubt Jeri had any bearing about the Republicans buckling under their own idiocy in 2008.

Look back in this thread. I posted the details about the unsealed divorce proceedings.

What you fail to understand is that the deposition testimony, hearings (no jury in domestic cases) and affidavits are all made under oath. Ryan admitted his - all too typical of Republican Family Values proponents - sexual perversions.

The documents are in the public domain. Here is one source: http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0622041ryans1.html

Don't forget that all the Republican bench had left to send in as a pinch hitter was Alan Keyes....

Let's get the one thing straight here: Jack Ryan's paraphillia was voyeuristic and would place his wife's health and career at great risk. A husband's perverse desire to see his spouse have anonymous intercourse in the age of AIDS is BEYOND THE PALE. It is a roll of the dice to contract a deadly STD - and risking other people's lives for personal sexual gratification is the definition of a sociopath.

Jack Ryan fits that DSM IV-TR profile:

Manipulative and Conning
They never recognize the rights of others and see their self-serving behaviors as permissible. They appear to be charming, yet are covertly hostile and domineering, seeing their victim as merely an instrument to be used. They may dominate and humiliate their victims.

Grandiose Sense of Self
Feels entitled to certain things as "their right."

Pathological Lying
Has no problem lying coolly and easily and it is almost impossible for them to be truthful on a consistent basis. Can create, and get caught up in, a complex belief about their own powers and abilities. Extremely convincing and even able to pass lie detector tests.

Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt
A deep seated rage, which is split off and repressed, is at their core. Does not see others around them as people, but only as targets and opportunities. Instead of friends, they have victims and accomplices who end up as victims. The end always justifies the means and they let nothing stand in their way.

Shallow Emotions
When they show what seems to be warmth, joy, love and compassion it is more feigned than experienced and serves an ulterior motive. Outraged by insignificant matters, yet remaining unmoved and cold by what would upset a normal person. Since they are not genuine, neither are their promises.

Incapacity for Love

Need for Stimulation
Living on the edge. Verbal outbursts and physical punishments are normal. Promiscuity and gambling are common.

Callousness/Lack of Empathy
Unable to empathize with the pain of their victims, having only contempt for others' feelings of distress and readily taking advantage of them.

Poor Behavioral Controls/Impulsive Nature
Rage and abuse, alternating with small expressions of love and approval produce an addictive cycle for abuser and abused, as well as creating hopelessness in the victim. Believe they are all-powerful, all-knowing, entitled to every wish, no sense of personal boundaries, no concern for their impact on others.

Early Behavior Problems/Juvenile Delinquency
Usually has a history of behavioral and academic difficulties, yet "gets by" by conning others. Problems in making and keeping friends; aberrant behaviors such as cruelty to people or animals, stealing, etc.

Irresponsibility/Unreliability
Not concerned about wrecking others' lives and dreams. Oblivious or indifferent to the devastation they cause. Does not accept blame themselves, but blames others, even for acts they obviously committed.

Promiscuous Sexual Behavior/Infidelity
Promiscuity, child sexual abuse, rape and sexual acting out of all sorts.

Lack of Realistic Life Plan/Parasitic Lifestyle
Tends to move around a lot or makes all encompassing promises for the future, poor work ethic but exploits others effectively.

Criminal or Entrepreneurial Versatility
Changes their image as needed to avoid prosecution. Changes life story readily.

Damn shame that Jack didn't wind up in a closed ward.....

While the assement of Jack Ryan is a bit overboard (he sounded like a banal, careless sleazebag getting bored with his sexlife) I certainly think the Republican Party is disproportionately filled to the brim with criminal sociopaths in relation to even the Democrats, let alone mainstream parties elsewhere in the civilized world, with their dogmatic Neoliberalism that has eroded America's economic dominance, dogmatic religion that's something out of the 17th century, obsession with gays and blacks, and obsession with wars. Though the Clintons were a bit cracked as well.

Read the pleadings - he was not "a banal, careless sleazebag getting bored with his sexlife..." he was, and is, a sexually manipulative individual willing to place other people (in the instant case, his wife and the mother of his son) at grave risk of contracting HIV from anonymous 5b4 sexual encounters with a class of individuals who engage in anonymous intercourse with numerous individuals. There were five (5) separate attempts to coerce his spouse into these acts over a six-month period admitted to by Jack Ryan in the answers to his interrogatories and in his deposition. This behavior is what lead to the divorce.

The man comes from money and attended Dartmouth and Harvard Law and joined Goldman Sachs as an investment banker after law school.

He made millions and returned to the Chicago area and attempted to insinuate himself into politics by pretending to have an interest in education.

The details of his divorce would have precluded any run for office - and Jeri Ryan was more than generous - leaving that worthless pile of cellular debris with the lions' share of their assets - while agreeing to joint custody but retaining primary physical custody of their son.

Since the failed election, Jack has no contact with his, now, 16 year-old son, Alex.

Jack Ryan is as reprehensible a man as Mel Gibson - and he would have been the subject of a DFS review of his paternal fitness but for the fact that he has millions of dollars from his short stint at Goldman Sachs.

He belongs on a closed ward.

As for Bill Clinton - the best that I can say is that he was our last "good" republican president. Between DA/DT, GATT & NAFTA, the Telecommunications a 16d0 ct of 1996, the Grahm-Leach-Bliley act and the further erosion of the social safety-net, he was anything but a Democrat. Bill is a weasel, but not of the same ilk as RMN, RWR, GHWB, and GWB. Evil bastards, all.

I agree that Jack Ryan doesn't seem like a particularily nice man, but I can only see him as a mild sociopath (which is bad enough). Bill Clinton signed NAFTA but he also abolished the Glass-Steagal Act that loosened up the Anglo-American banks (like Goldman Sachs) and contributed to the mess we have now, but in the short to medium term he propped up the working class of medium income.

America still has a fairly high standard of living and quality of life, corporate douchebaggery aside, but it's all now floating on massive debt, inflation, unemployment, and deficit, and starting to seriously degrade in the last decade or so because of those complications. America must get over it's obsession with top heavy, directionless corporate systems and try to emulate 1990s Canada or it'll eventually plunge into a second revolution-cum-civil war by the 2030s (with the US billionaires and their government cronies having a date with Madame Guillotine).

it would have been interesting if it didn't happen... we may not have ever heard of Obama... huge break for him..

@gowlaw, You are naive. My guess is you are not an attorney and have never dealt with family law. Such wild accusations are all too common in custody cases. And there was no supporting evidence. Just a he said she said. You only linked her statement and then drew all kindsof conclusions as if it was factual, when in all likelihood it was not in the least.

Post deleted

Actually, the most over-looked fact is that had the most sought after replacement for Jack Ryan actually taken the Republicans up on their offer, Obama never would have won. That man? You guessed it, Frank Stallone.

This is a bit confusing. The political race and the scandal you refer to was the United States Senate, not the Illinois State Senate. Obama was already a state senator, and all of this activity came up during the U.S. SENATE election.

Ah! Yes! Thanks anneo.

Correct to win the State Senate seat he got everyone else kicked off the ballot so he ran unopposed

PRAISE BE TO THE GOD OF CHANGE!

If "we luv ya, Jeri" than perhaps you could find a better way to show it, on a board centered on her career, not her ex-husband's.

It is not Orwellian censorship for one to simply refrain from speaking -- if the 5b4 impulse is inappropriate.

I firmly believe that a feral tabloid impulse... that which spurs us on to vivisect others' lives in a manner which we would find personally offensive and threatening if applied to our own selves -- is unraveling the fabric of society. It breeds sociopaths.

The world may some day be a better place, if over-looked facts such as this, remain over-looked.

I get what you're saying. My point was an indictment of conversatism. Jeri's career rumbled on, nonetheless.

Post deleted

I guess your "fact" wasn't such a fact after all. Try again.

She will forever be known as 7 0f 9 to the fans of Sci Fi, however in real life she played one of the most crucial side roles in the rise of Barrack Obama as the eventual President of The United States.

Every time I look at her cute face on the photo from "2012 Wizard World Toronto", smiling and looking worry free, I think to myself... this is the good luck angel that brought Obama to Democrats in 2004. It was the event without which there never would be 2008.

It was a historic event and therefore Jeri Ryan is a historic figure herself.

"Head Radio - The single source of gratification in your miserable, insignificant little life!" GTA3

Over-looked fact.

Actually it was far from over looked even back in late 2009.

Drappelfed2000 is Bob Chipman.

I just wonder if this stuff hadn't come out if Obama would be president right now. It's crazy that some things that happen in people's personal lives can lead to the ascension of a person to the highest office in the land.

----------------------------------------
the truth hurts...sorry it's true

Post deleted

You are correct Justamessageboardposter

Post deleted

Word

Barack Obama was not THAT much of a long-shot. He had been a keynote speaker at the 2004 Democratic National Convention and had blown people away. In Democratic circles he vaulted to the forefront. It was clear that he was going to make a run for the Presidency (if he could talk Michelle into it.) Although I think some folks were surprised that he went for it so soon (2008).
The problems between Jeri and Jack Ryan probably wouldn't have come up if Jack had not gone around boasting about being such a big "family values" guy. It was the hypocrisy that really did him in.

Obama used dirty tricks and bribed a crooked judge to release Ryan's SEALED divorce records. Both Jack and Jeri had asked for them to be sealed to protect their child from knowing the gory details of their marriage. Obama is a dirt bag and didn't care.

This isn't the first time Obama, who started his political career in the living room of two murdering domestic terrorists, Bill Ayers and Bernardine Dohrn [a convicted cop killer], used dirty tricks to get an opponent out of his way. When he ran for the Illinois senate, he used a loophole in the law to get his former mentor disqualified from the race.

Here's his whole sordid resume:

http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/individualProfile.asp?indid=1511

Obama has always been a filthy rat bastard.

He also gathered up a bunch of Marxist Alaska bloggers to harass Governor Sarah Palin and her staff, filing dozens of bogus "ethics" complaints, and more FOIA requests in one year, than the previous 49 years of Alaska's statehood COMBINED. Obama's little jihad against Governor Palin cost the Alaskan people over $2 MILLION and would have grown exponentially had she remained in office.

The ringleader of Obama's Alaska thugs was Phillip Munger, he took orders from a man named Pete Rouse, a native Alaskan, who served as Senator Obama's Chief of Staff, and later worked as an adviser to President Obama. As Rouse loved to brag, he worked out of "Josh Lyman's old office" in the West Wing of the White House. After Obama's thug Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel quit to run for Mayor of Chicago, Rouse served as interim Chief of Staff. He finally retired in 2013.

Other members of Obama's thug army in Alaska were Jeanne Devon, Shannyn Moore, Val Henning, Jesse Griffin, Linda Kellen Biegel,to name a few. They also recruited a loon out of Dallas, Texas named Malia Litman, who has turned spewing hate and lies into a career. Devon is a particularly nasty human being, who blogged at a vile democrat party hate site known as "Mud Flats" under the name "AKMUCKRAKER" she is such a vicious, vile democrat, that a DEMOCRAT lawmaker outed her to the world. As you can imagine, she went on the warpath against him! She would eventually have to close the retail business she had in Anchorage, after townspeople learned it was her that had organized the vicious attacks on Governor Palin and the State of Alaska, and no one would do business with her.

Thanks to members of the corrupt media, both Devon and Shannyn Moore, a left over from the failed democrat party "Air America" hate radio venture, were given access to MSNBC as well as the Huffington Post, another democrat party hate site. Here they were allowed to spew hate and tell lies about Governor Palin, and Alaska, unopposed.

These days Moore's boyfriend PAYS a local Homer, Alaska radio station for air time, so Shannyn can spew her bile and hatred a few hours a week. It's a pathetic existence, tempered with alcohol abuse and prescription drugs

This was all Chicago thug politics at it's finest!

Now Obama is hellbent on destroying the United States of America and all she stands for. You look up pure evil in the dictionary, and Obama's photo is there, in color, with gold leaf edging!

Well said, gjackson. But since Obama's a Democrat, the media didn't care about his sordid past.

Post deleted