Arrow : The "Arm-Chair Experts" culture needs to die

The "Arm-Chair Experts" culture needs to die

Growing up i always hoped that Jack would live this time every time i rewatch Titanic.

Its ok to want things. But the constant "they should have don this" "They should have done that" Rhetoric. And the endless demands and the public outcries when a certain character or a relationship dies are silly.

And whats even worse is writers and directors who get influenced or cave in to these silly demands.

This goes to Comic-book fans , let the writers present their vision. Who cares if its different from the lore or the mythos.

And as far as Olicity fans, its ok to ship. A lot of shows have silly ships. But none of them have writers dumb enough to actually adapt fanfiction into the screen.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Re: The 'Arm-Chair Experts' culture needs to die

Stop being an idiot

I swear its like clockwork with you.

Re: The "Arm-Chair Experts" culture needs to die

I agree. IMDB has way too many arm chair directors and writers. It's fine to have opinions but don't hate on a show because the show runners aren't channeling your thoughts.

WE GOT MOVIE SIIIIIGN!

Yap it happens with too many shows. Hell TWD writers had to apologize cause there some outrage about them ending a season on cliffhanger. Talk about insanity.

People were right. The Walking Dead ending was a pathetic attempt to create hype and a cheap marketing campaign over "Who died"
Easily one of the worst endings, which sucks because it was a great scene. Negan's introduction is now associated with a sh!t cliffhanger instead of "holy christ I can't believe he did that."

Darth Maul: "He Lives"

Seasons usually end in cliffhangers, gotta leave the crowd wanting more.

Seeing Glenn and Abraham's brains bashed in would've most certainly left people wanting more.
The cliffhanger could've been taking Rick into the RV and driving off.
Negan's introduction has one purpose, to crush the group and make an impact. And by copping out with who died, they failed miserably. The scene needs to be intact, and showing as much as humanly possible without actually showing the victim was pitiful greed on AMC's part.
This wasn't some ole fashioned who dun it? or who opened the door when the assassin shot into the hotel room? We knew the killer, we had a set group of possible victims. This was plain and simply AMC's greed knowing that they can build the entire hype for the season around "who was it?" and drag out Negan for as long as they need. Which clearly was a bad move considering the ever declining ratings. The show was already in trouble. Negan should've been it's savior, not it's undertaker.

I see another joker on the news telling me to play the fool.

savior or Savior?😀

Do you mind if I have a piece of your thigh? It would complement this fine '76 chiraz

There are lines that are crossed, sure, but as the old saying goes...

I don't have to be able to lay eggs in order to judge an omelette.

And now off I go to watch Arrival (2016).

---
You're suffering from delusions of adequacy.
Cookies: http://tinyurl.com/hj7nl9j

And now off I go to watch Arrival.

Let me know what you thought. The film is beautiful, from opening to end.

We all find ourselves in lives we didn't expect.

It was indeed a beautiful movie.

---
You're suffering from delusions of adequacy.
Cookies: http://tinyurl.com/hj7nl9j

And as far as Olicity fans, its ok to ship. A lot of shows have silly ships. But none of them have writers dumb enough to actually adapt fanfiction into the screen.

Yeah, because ER having George Clooney reprise his role to give Carol Hathaway a happy ending, or the West Wing writers giving Josh and Donna fans payoff, or any other number of shows that united their main shipper pair towards the end... none of that verged on fanfiction.

Do you actually read what you post before you post it? Enquiring minds wanna know.

Soapy melodramatic plots occur but in Arrow's case writer's were literally adapting fanfiction found on social media to cater to a specific vocal audience. If the writers wanted to pursue Olicity because they initially liked them together, that would be fine. But retconning relationships, and hooking Olicity out of nowhere together with no setup just screamed "fan service"

We've had this argument - at a conservative estimate - twenty times by now, but it was not out of nowhere, and it was developed. Just because you weren't paying attention and refused to believe it because it wasn't a 'canon relationship' doesn't mean the build up wasn't there.

Jus because you consider Oliver saying 'good morning' to Felicity as an "olicity moment" doesnt mean i hav to.

And dont try that 'canon' nonsense with me. Did you even read the thread above. I could not care less about comics and staying true to them. Im up for anything interesting.

That is a straw man if ever I saw one. Given how the show rounded out, I'd put my interpretation of an "olicity moment" up against yours any day of the week. Hell, even people who hate the pairing - like eas, and elo - admit that there was build up.

I'm also merely saying that you weren't open to the understanding of what the build up was because (a) it wasn't something you wanted or (b) it wasn't you expected.

There were small glimpses, We knew Felicity had feelings for Oliver, We knew Oliver cared about Felicity, Enough to go from that to season 3 premier "I love you, I want to be with you forever" kind of relationship? Not even close

Also will you deny they retcon Laurel and Oliver relationship after they started to pander to Olicity? What about that cheesy scene where Oliver went back to starling city just to see Felicity from afar and smile and look like an idiot while staring at her? Organic as *beep* right? Tell me that was not stupid pandering?

Let's agree to disagree then.