Film General : The Movie Database (TMDb) The best alternative to IMDb

The Movie Database (TMDb) The best alternative to IMDb

The Movie Database (TMDb) is a community built movie and TV database, with every piece of data having been added by its community dating back to 2008.

Not only can you rate movies, write reviews, make lists, favourite your films but discuss them too, each movie has its own forum, just like IMDb.

www.themoviedb.org

Re: The Movie Database (TMDb) The best alternative to IMDb

The new Film General subreddit on Reddit already has 235 total subscribers, and currently has about 55 FG regulars actively contributing content. After the shutdown of IMDb, this will be the logical place for FGers to gravitate.

www.reddit.com/r/IMDbFilmGeneral/

The Movie Database (TMDb) is a community built movie and TV database, with every piece of data having been added by its community dating back to 2008.

Not only can you rate movies, write reviews, make lists, favourite your films but discuss them too, each movie has its own forum, just like IMDb.

www.themoviedb.org

Great site. Though site wide discussion has been enabled less than week, it already has over a thousand active threads in movies/tv/people. Unlike these boards, you can also search the forums, track discussion activity throughout the site, and subscribe to/watch threads without having to post in them. More improvements are likely coming.

really liking that site, I just hope it keeps growing with more comments.

It was long ago and it was far away,
And it was so much better than it is today....

I don't see any forums.

I don't see any forums.

Click on lets chat to see latest posts, or for a particular movie, just go to the page of the movie and you'll see a chat bubble to the left of the film poster, hover over that and it'll say discussions, click it to enter the forum.

You can also transfer your movie ratings over to that site, really easily.

I'll still visit IMDB but I'll miss the forums here.

Thanks, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of activity on the individual movie forums.

It would be cool if there is a mass exodus from here to there once these boards are kaput.

Originality needs a reboot.

you also forgot to mention you can easily import ratings and watchlist through CSV file exported from IMDb

movie discussions for each movie are either accessible through top left bubble icon if you surf on computer or at bottom of page next to reviews on Mobile

The best - Fight Club, American Beauty & Falling Down.

https://www.themoviedb.org/discuss

Yep, you can easily import your movie ratings from IMDb to TMDb!

Totally agree, TMDb is the horse to back. Individual boards for every film makes it the clear winner, plus all the other benefits mentioned here, and more to come from a dedicated team who understand the plight of IMDB refugees.

Let's start filling up the movie boards. I've started by taking a huge dump on Die Hard 4:

https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/1571-live-free-or-die-hard/discuss/category/5047951f760ee3318900009a

It looks like a fairly nice site, but there's like no discussion going on in any of the boards, at least the ones I've been to.

From the founder of The Movie Database regrading IMDb:

https://blog.themoviedb.org/a-great-disturbance-in-the-force-f6d38557439d#.omzc388i3

imdb2 seems to have the most activity out of all of the options listed. See for yourselves. The format is exactly the message boards here hence the name imbd2

W.W.V.K.F.R.G.D.? What Would Val Kilmer From Real Genius Do?

plus everything else is on imdb2 including the "i need to know" "classic Film Board" and everything else on imdb, basically the exact same format as here.

W.W.V.K.F.R.G.D.? What Would Val Kilmer From Real Genius Do?