The Walking Dead : CNN anchor refuses Iran president's demand she wear head scarf during interview

Re: CNN anchor refuses Iran president's demand she wear head scarf during interv

I can't tell if you really believe those stats or if you're being sarcastic again.

Crimes against women are underreported in those countries (just like everywhere else).

About 1 in 3 women worldwide have experienced sexual and other forms of violence. Crimes and violence against women are among the most under-reported, and the least likely to end in conviction. An Egyptian study on Violence against Women (VAW) found that a large percentage of women and girls who experience violence don’t report the incident to authorities. Gender-based discrimination encountered by women at various stages of the justice system could also be considered as a form of continuing violence.
On Wednesday night, when Egypt's army chief announced the forced departure of Mohamed Morsi, the streets around Tahrir Square turned into an all-night carnival. But not everyone there was allowed to celebrate. Among the masses dancing, singing and honking horns, more than 80 women were subjected to mob sexual assaults, harassment or rape. In Tahrir Square since Sunday, when protests against Morsi first began, there have been at least 169 counts of sexual mob crime.

"Egypt is full of sexual harassment and people have become desensitised to it – but this is a step up," said Soraya Bahgat, a women's rights advocate and co-founder of Tahrir Bodyguard, a group that rescues women from assault. "We're talking about mob sexual assaults, from stripping women naked and dragging them on the floor – to rape."

Since Sunday, campaigners say at least one woman has been raped with a sharp object.

Such crimes have been endemic at Tahrir protests since at least the 2011 revolution, but they have never been documented in such high numbers.

"It's been underreported because a lot of people are unwilling to come forward," said Bahgat, "and because no one wanted to disturb the sanctity of Tahrir."

In a typical attack, lines of men push their way through the packed square, surround lone women, and start ripping at their clothes until they are naked. Some women have been violated by men using their hands.

"Suddenly, I was in the middle, surrounded by hundreds of men in a circle that was getting smaller and smaller around me," one woman has written of the experience. "At the same time, they were touching and groping me everywhere and there were so many hands under my shirt and inside my pants."

"We call it the circle of hell," said Bahgat, who herself narrowly escaped assault this week.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/jul/05/egypt-women-rape-sexual-assault-tahrir-square

Recent Study Reveals 96% Of Cases Of Violence Against Women Go Unreported In Lebanon

https://www.beirut.com/l/62808

While there is no actual estimate of number of sexual violence cases in Lebanon, the prevalent rape culture and victim blaming approaches are to be witnessed among law enforcement agencies and legal actors. Many cases of violence remain unreported, for reasons including lack of trust in the system and victim intimidation, but also financial barriers to access to justice. Women’s access to justice is impeded by the lack of effective gender-sensitive approaches, discriminatory stereotypes within the justice sector, and mostly the lack of legal aid and economic barriers.

https://english.legal-agenda.com/wp-content/uploads/LA_SGBV_Report-2021-1.pdf

Re: CNN anchor refuses Iran president's demand she wear head scarf during interv

There is considerable violence against women in many Islamic countries. But there is horrific violence against women in America, which always takes the moral high ground in debates about women's rights. American soldiers raped Vietnamese women at unbelievable rates (corroborated by their own testimony); Vietnamese men hardly ever raped Vietnamese civilians or the few American women they encountered. America should cease to comment on violence against women anywhere in the world till they have tidied up their own backyard.

As horrible as it is, wartime rape isn't an American phenomenon. There have probably been thousands of rapes during every war in history.

A few examples:

As Allied troops entered and occupied German territory during the later stages of World War II, mass rapes of women took place both in connection with combat operations and during the subsequent occupation of Germany. Scholars agree that the majority of the rapes were committed by Soviet occupation troops. The wartime rapes were followed by decades of silence.
In Taken by Force, J. Robert Lilly estimates the number of rapes committed by U.S. servicemen in Germany to be 11,040. As in the case of the American occupation of France after the D-Day invasion, many of the American rapes in Germany in 1945 were gang rapes committed by armed soldiers at gunpoint.
According to Thomas Huber from the United States Army Combined Arms Center, Japanese soldiers also mistreated Okinawan civilians during the battle there. Huber writes that rape was "freely committed" by Japanese soldiers who knew that they had little chance of surviving due to the Army's prohibitions against surrender. These abuses contributed to a post-war divide between Okinawans and mainland Japanese.

Good stats. Americans, Germans, Japanese and Russian made great rapists. I'd say Russians and Japanese were among the biggest offenders. But Americans, since 1945, have always taken the high moral ground, despite being the only humans to use atomic bombs against other humans. Disgraceful fuckers!

Men are the rapists and the bomb-droppers, and now a man is trying to take the moral high ground here. Disgraceful fucker!

I'm not taking the moral high ground. I'm merely objecting to people in the West taking the moral high ground.

Did you read about the Russians raping the Ukranian women and children? That came up in my newsfeed yesterday or the day before. The interviews of the survivors are horrendous.

"Miss Edith speaks out of turn. She's a bad example, and will have no cakes today." ~ Drusilla

I heard about that a while back. I posted before that Ukrainians should be given devices like this:

Anti-rape underwear, a fashionable vest that can jolt molesters out of their wits or a watch-like device fitted to give abusers an electric shock — students from various colleges and schools in the country are channelling their outrage and anger over sexual attacks on women in the country through several futuristic innovations.

Externally, it looks like a nightgown, ordinarily worn by women or teenage girls, but the garment is literally a power-packed GPS and sensor-enabled device capable of temporarily incapacitating assaulters off their feet by triggering a 3800 kV electric shock at the press of a button by the wearer.

"It was the pain of every woman, which triggered the idea. All the more, it was hatred against molesters and eve-teasers which led to this design," says Manisha Mohan the inventor of the "anti-rape underwear" and what she calls 'SHE' or Society Harnessing Equipment.

Apart from administering a powerful shock to the assaulter, the garment is also devised to send an alert to the Police when the sensors are activated.

https://www.thehansindia.com/life-style/anti-rape-underwear-and-devices-to-protect-women-from-violence-585946

That's brilliant! What a fantastic idea. I love it.

"Miss Edith speaks out of turn. She's a bad example, and will have no cakes today." ~ Drusilla

You're making an idiot of yourself and you keep dragging your feet. Very good.

"I am Kamala Harris, my pronouns are she and her, and I am a woman sitting at the table wearing a blue suit." -A fucking idiot

He's an idiot European who has an issue with this country, that's all.

"I am Kamala Harris, my pronouns are she and her, and I am a woman sitting at the table wearing a blue suit." -A fucking idiot

The rape rate in America is about 87, 000 a year. In countries like Lebanon and Egypt? 19 and 87 respectively!

Have you see the women from those countries?

I am surprised the number is that high. I think they are bragging.

God Bless America!

Keep on smiling!

👆

Well said, sir!

😺 Schrodinger's Cat walks into a bar, and doesn't. 😠 Let's go, Brandon! 🤨 Slava Ukraini

Great post, Millard!

Christiane Amanpour? She gave up her twat to Saddam's son Uday when she was 12.

My password is password

Good on her.

This has been an outstanding thread. Bentley is usually dumb but is often able to avoid getting stuck, but this time he got caught in a corner quick with a dumbass argument and then he just kept digging himself deeper and deeper. This is hilarious.

Bentley is a retarded asshole!

😺 Schrodinger's Cat walks into a bar, and doesn't. 😠 Let's go, Brandon! 🤨 Slava Ukraini

The US made Iran like that. When will Republitards understand Islamic extremism is the result of Western colonialism.

YES! Gets it!

Nah, it's Islam.

^doesn't read. Thinks Islam is a term from hockey.

Hockey sucks.

What a nuanced and impartial opinion. You really convinced nobody with it

Well yeah, I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything because there are so many stuck in their ways. Islam is far and away the most oppressive, brutal religion on the planet, but there are plenty of retards like Bentley who will go out of their way to defend it while ignoring all the facts. But again, you leftists will defend this garbage religion over and over out of fear of being labeled Islamaphobic.

Thank you for telling everyone you know nothing about Islam

Criticizing religion is not the same as being bigoted towards one specifically. It’s racist just like saying Jews are barbaric and brutal.

You are exactly what I'm talking about. You fools go out of your way to defend that religion. Look at the countries that are overwhelmingly Muslim, they're horrible and oppressive. You idiots are so concerned with defending it that you ignore what's actually going on. It's an ass backwards religion.

Yermom knows nothing about Islam and probably worships at a fundamentalist Christian church which regularly spawns mass shooters and has a leader who is exposed as a drug trafficker.

You are the undoubtedly…..

You are undoubtedly the most ignorant Leftard on this silly board.

Islamic extremism goes back for centuries. It has nothing to do with anything America or anyone else has done. They hate us for our freedom because it goes against their maniacal desire to totally control their own backward populations.

Islamic extremism in Iran goes back “centuries”? You clearly have no grasp of history. It only goes back 40 years you mong

Also there’s different types of Islamic extremism, are you talking about Sunni or Shia? Groups like Al Qaeda stemmed from the collapse of the Ottoman Empire and the Islamic caliphate.

It would help if you had a clue of what you’re discussing

Yes it does. You need to do some research, Bubba. And it doesn't really matter what flavor of terrorism it is, it's all barbaric and moronic.

You seem to be very misinformed and confused from a lifetime of drinking Star-Spangled Banner koolaid.

This “barbaric and moronic” terrorism you’re talking about is in fact FUNDED by the West. It is all part of the military industrial complex’s many schemes to create endless funds for defense contractors and all their investors.

Of course this is coming from the number one world terrorist and largest threat to global peace: The US of A.

But don’t let the truth blind you to your own insecurities. I very much enjoy poking holes in your dumb arguments and exposing your stupidity for posterity, there irony of you calling anyone “ignorant” is projection at its finest. You are without a doubt the most hypocritical piece of shit on this website. I will enjoy raking you over hot coals with each of your tepid and worthless responses :D

And you are obviously misinformed and confused from a lifetime of drinking Leftard Lemonade.

The number one source of world terrorist is Radical Islam, moron. Between 1979 and 2019, at least 33,769 Islamic terrorist attacks took place causing the deaths of at least 167,096 people. No group or nation can hold a candle to them for terrorism and brutal murders.

https://www.fondapol.org/en/study/islamist-terrorist-attacks-in-the-world-1979-2019/

You are so fucking ignorant.

Lmao, this is hilarious, you realize the USA is best friends and allies with Saudi Arabia and other Gulf states right? The very states that FUND AND TRAIN the terrorist groups you’re complaining about? And Saudi Arabia is also a terrorist state and religious extremists that butcher journalists?

The USA literally FUNDS terrorism you idiot

Terrorism has nothing to do with nations or states, idiot. And to suggest that we fund terrorism is beyond ludicrous. You are such a moron!

Bahahah how naive are you. You’ve really never heard of state-sponsored terrorism? Or how powerful people with ties to the West in the Gulf States and Saudi Arabia fund terrorist groups? You’re saying Saudi Arabia doesn’t breed religious extremism and Wahhabism through their clerics and schools? You’re saying Saudi Arabia isn’t a brutal and vicious Islamic fanatical state treats women and minorities terribly and murders people for speaking against their fundamentalism, and the whole time the US SUPPORTS this same country’s government because of the Petro-Dollar? I mean, you’ve already admitted you don’t give a shit about women’s health or minorities, so I’d imagine you agree with everything Saudi Arabia does. Or how about how countries like Israel setting off car bombs that kill innocent people, that isn’t terrorism? You realize there’s no common definition of terrorism right? Because nation states commit terrorist acts ALL THE TIME. Tell me, what’s the difference between a drone strike that blows up a wedding and a suicide bother who blows up a wedding? Tell me, because I can’t wait for your insight.

Your take is utter shit and now you’re getting mad and hiding behind emojis. Every laughing emoji you use is making that vein in your head pulse bigger.

And how STUPID you are. I support the rights of ALL human beings, unlike you. Now go back to your coloring books and play dough.

I like how you ran away and refused to answer any of my very easy questions or defend your own conclusions.

You can’t even type a coherent response to me. You’re a fucking coward and a loser who’s pissing his pants.

Thanks for wasting my fucking time. You’ve just admitted the US is a nation of hypocrites who SUPPORT AND FUND AND TRAIN the same “terrorists” they denounce.

Why are Americans so blind to the fact they’re getting fucked by their own government?

I didn't answer your questions because they made no fucking sense. And I did NOT admit that the US supports and trains terrorists. That is absurd! How can you think something that STUPID?

And thanks for wasting MY time, moron!

So you’re saying you’re against Islamic fundamentalism and extremism, and yet refuse to denounce that the USA is BEST FUCKING FRIENDS with one of the worst states for Islamic extremism and fundamentalism? You really are not doing a good job of explaining how you’re anything other than a massive fucking hypocrite.

You really don’t believe the US government isn’t entirely corrupt from the top down and has been slowly eroding and trampling our rights?

The worst state for terrorism is Iran, moron!

Explain to me how Iran is worse than Saudi Arabia? I mean, Saudi is literally committing a fucking GENOCIDE. If anything you should be thanking Iran for PROPPING UP the Shiite Iraqi government the US installed.

Okay, I've had enough of arguing.

Okay, I've had enough of arguing. Neither of us is going to convince the other of anything, so it's a waste of time. Let's just agree to disagree.

Terrorism has nothing to do with nations or states, idiot.

What about state-sponsored terrorism, you old coot? Iran, anyone?

MMC2: "Drill here! Drill now, Biden!"

Okay, Iran, you young ECE whippersnapper.

Good for her!

Good for her! It's about time someone stood up to these barbaric 14th century assholes!

Good for her!

The irony being that the conservative side of the aisle follows their own barbaric, 14th century religious dogma such as antiquated abortion laws, among other things.

You really have no right to be speaking about barbarism you fuckin hypocrite

Good for her!

Wow, ^this right here is how crazy the Democrats have gotten. They truly believe that the people trying to prevent the brutal slaughter of innocent babies are the barbaric ones. That is fucking impressive the mental gymnastics you have to do to convince yourself of that. Well done, sir, well done.

Good for her!

A fetus isn’t a baby retard. Abortion is healthcare.

Read a fucking book. Stop projecting. Conservatives live in their own self-built delusion and religious fundamentalism with a. Complete lack of regard for science, the irony of them criticizing Muslims is ASTOUNDING.