Horror : Name a non-horror movie that scared you.

Name a non-horror movie that scared you.

"Who Framed Roger Rabbit" – Judge Doom transforming into a toon.

"Throw Momma From the Train – Owen daydreaming about killing his mother via bowling… ten "mommas" lined up like pins, screaming frantically as Owen's ball is approaching her.

"The Care Bears Movie" – Nicholas' eyes/face while turning evil.

Gave me the heebie jeebies. [shudders] Now, I can easily watch all three movies without turning away or covering my eyes at the scary parts. It's amazing how everything seems so overly frightening and dramatic from a child's point of view.

Re: Name a non-horror movie that scared you.

Would both or either "ARACHNOPHOBIA" and "FATAL ATTRACTION" qualify as Horror Movies or can I answer with both or either of them ?

When I was a kid, the Wizard of Oz.
The part when the Witch of the East's toes curled under the house.

'Libel' (1959). At least I think that's the film I saw once when a scene sent a shiver up my spine. I remember a scene where someone is washing his face in a pool and he stares into the water and there is a reflection of a man standing behind him with a menacing smile on his face. The real chiller is that the figure is a lookalike or doppelganger of the man washing his face. I have a feeling it was Dirk Bogarde's face which makes me think it must have been 'Libel.' Doppelgangers are scary and can appear in non-horror films.

I saw The Elephant Man when I was a child. Scared the pants off me.

Sadly, I knew of an Elephant Man when I was in high school. One day in tenth grade when I got on the bus en route to school, it was so crowded that I had no choice but to just stay in the front. I then noticed one of my classmates who was seated. She had her head down. I couldn't tell if she was upset or tired. Then when I randomly looked to my left, I was openly startled by a guy standing next to me, whose face was severely swollen. I felt so bad for reacting that way, but I'm sure he understood and was used to it. Nevertheless, I was so uncomfortable, that I got off the bus at the very next stop, which was of no inconvenience since I only had to walk 13 minutes. I just couldn't bare staying on that bus, knowing that that poor guy was directly next to me.

The next time I saw him was three years later at a liquor store where I started working six months after I graduated high school. I was further in the back of the store helping customers, and noticed him at the counter. But I could tell that my boss didn't card him, which I'm guessing was due to awkwardness and that shuddering feeling of just wanting to get him out of there as quickly as possible. My neighbor during high school, who's a year younger than me, told me that she knows him from her classes at a public school located not too far from my high school. So I was 100% sure he was not old enough to drink.

As several years went by, I was no longer intimidated by his face, since things are not as horrific and scary as they seem when you're an adult. Apparently, he lives in my neighborhood. One day, I even noticed him leaning against the fence of a schoolyard, taking a quick breather ("shake it off" as they say) while playing basketball with his friends. Another time, I saw him at White Castle with his friends. To this day, I feel bad about how I reacted when I first saw him, and it still breaks my heart that he has to live like that.

Poor guy. Don't feel bad about your reaction, you couldn't help it. Did he look like Jason? I found this photo when looking for a photo of him as a kid

Bing.. Wobbledy wobble, wo-wo-wobble, wobbin'
https://vocaroo.com/1hz4nrSop8zd

Not in the slightest. He sort of resembles Rocky Dennis in "Mask," as he suffers from the same condition as the real Rocky.

Weird! Why would a parent allow their young kid to watch violent horror themed films like FT13th to begin with? They are movies made for older teens and above. That this kid seemed to have a hero worship for a psychopathic killer is as tragic as his disease.

Norman! What did you put in my tea?

wow

That is actually pretty cool.

I wonder if that was Kane Hodder that was dressed as 'Jason'.

I know that a heck of a lot of fans (including myself) of the "FRIDAY THE 13th" Franchise think that he is the Best out of all of the people that have played 'Jason Voorhees'.

The Wrestler because of Mickey's face.

My password is password

The Temple of Doom

Alice in Wonderland when I was a little kid. Falling down that hole, and then encountering all those assorted freaks, especially the Red Queen who wanted to chop off everyone's heads! Yikes!

😺 Schrodinger's Cat walks into a bar, and doesn't. 😠 Let's go, Brandon! 🤨 Slava Ukraini

twilight zone the movie, gremlins, who framed roger rabbit, good one there, fantasia.

lukejbarnett

The Tenant. Roman Polanski. A man slowly goes crazy.

I see The Tenant as psychological horror. It would probably be labelled sub-genre horror.

I recall watching WarGames - '83 for the first time at the cinema and I felt creeped out by the password for WOPR.

Norman! What did you put in my tea?

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Why does no one ever mention the shoe death in Who Framed Roger Rabit? That was the most disturbing. 😭😭😭

Large Marge in Pee Wee's Big Adventure scared me as a kid.

Return to oz

😺 Schrodinger's Cat walks into a bar, and doesn't. 😠 Let's go, Brandon! 🤨 Slava Ukraini

The Brave Little Toaster. Killer clown nightmares, creepy musical numbers, air conditioners that commit suicide, blankets flying off and getting lost in storms…just so much disturbing stuff.

The Secret of Nym
The Neverending Story

I have to go back to when I was seven years old. The transformation of the Wicked Queen into the Witch in Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.

And This, Too, Shall Pass Away