Food and Drink : I tried Quorn sausages

I tried Quorn sausages

No, I haven't gone vegan. They ran out of regular sausages at the shop. They taste alright though.

https://alexssecretforum.freeforums.net/ NOW WITH SHOUTBOX!

Re: I tried Quorn sausages

Shouldn't you be going on a treadmill or something?

You're hideously obese

Harry Starlord: “Lord Orson, you are stupid loser who's 50 years old with the brain of a stupid 2 year monkey.”

Some ladies like the extra pudge

Good talk.

He's disgustingly fat

If taking drugs is uncool, I’m the most uncool motherfucker on the planet

Is he really that big?

Good talk.

Millard is about 40 stone irl

That’s like 600lb 😂

Good talk.

He likes his grub don't be rude lad

He must be immobile

Good talk.

One of my exes used to date short pudgy guys… but she would have thought his behavior was creepy.

Some women actually prefer pudgy men because they feel softer, think it’s more comfortable to cuddle with. Versus muscular men.

Some. The overwhelming majority don’t want fat dudes.

Good talk.

Your heart will givde out from the coke before mine does from the sausages, so go snort a couple of lines, cunto.

My password is password

I really like them, especially in a sarnie with some fried onions and ketchup.

You've just made me hungry.

My password is password

Sometimes I put some cheese in there too.

I would use a toasted bagel as I'm not that keen on bread.

My password is password

I'm not usually a fan of bagels, but I had some recently that were a game changer.

yeuk

What's up?

Yeah I had them on a sandwich.

I used to have Linda McCartney ones but they are a bit cardboardy. I haven't tried them but in one of the Facebook vegan groups I'm in, everyone goes on about the Richmond vegan sausages. Apparently they are really good.

The Richmond ones are excellent, I was quite surprised because their meat ones are awful!

I wish I could get some posted

You're in France aren't you? I can't imagine there's a lot of vegan stuff available there.

It hasn't quite exploded over here like the UK has but it has improved since I moved here. The supermarkets do have more and more vegan stuff but where I am, it's mostly cafes and restaurants that are really behind now. I'm so jealous of things like the McPlant and just all the vegan junk food places you have. Any vegan cafes here seem to think people want fancy grains with flowers on top when I just want a burger and mac and cheese or something 😝

Yeah couscous and quinoa anyone?

My favourite burger is a spicy one I make with chickpeas, similar to a falafel actually.

I used to work with a woman who took huge exception to vegetarians wanting to eat products that emulated meat! She used to get quite angry about it, no idea why. I tried explaining but that enraged her even more.

I used to work with a woman who took huge exception to vegetarians wanting to eat products that emulated meat! She used to get quite angry about it, no idea why. I tried explaining but that enraged her even more.

Yep, had that one many, many times

I know she'd be like "Why do they want to eat meat shaped products that taste of meat, why don't they just eat meat?"

One of my replies is why do meat eaters shape their food like cucumbers (sausages) 😝😂

You might not have these where you live. But I tried this brand in a can, of all things, and they were the very best that I’ve had. Couldn’t tell they were vegan.

Ha, protein links.

I have to buy gluten free ones for the kiddo. Bloody annoying af having to shop for coeliac. I wouldn't wish it on anyone lol.

Aw shucks. At least it's healthier, I suppose.

It's a pain in the ass is what it is lol.

I do enjoy the Quorn Chicken Cubes.

I make a vegan Korma using coconut milk and Quorn pieces, I've fooled a lot of people!

Sounds delicious! I love coconut milk dishes. I like using the Quorn pieces to make tacos and putting them on salads. But this sounds like a new idea.

It's one of my favourite "replacement" products along with Oat milk and an egg replacer I've found.

My favorite dish with it is Tom Kha Gai Coconut Soup you get at the Thai restaurants. I always get with Tofu instead of chicken & shrimp.

Think I had those in a curry someone made once, it was very nice!

They would be great in curry dishes too.

If any fellow plant based eaters are looking for hot dog alternatives, I've been enjoying these quite a bit. I'm not sure if you get this brand where you live, but they are wheat gluten and not soy based. Low fat and calories. Taste like the real deal:

They make Corn Dogs also.

hot dog alternatives

I always found it odd that veggies and vegans would want to eat something that LOOKS like a hot dog but aint. Obviously its not meat but they have designed it to look like a meat product.

Its like if you hate guns and someone gets you a gun shaped cake for your Bday.

I actually don't really need the mock meats, but if they're there and they're good it's something I'll probably eat. Plus they are high in protein.

Have u tried the sausages made from locusts? They say it tastes just like gorilla ass and experts can't even tell the difference.