The Soapbox : Nobody PM me ever again

Nobody PM me ever again

Somebody has accessed my account and read my PMs.

I'm not sure how they've done it - it's not like my password is easy to figure out - or who it is.

@nimda, are you able to see anything on the back end?

Whatever has happened, I have no confidence in the ability of this site to protect private information. I'd caution everyone against sharing anything in PM that you wouldn't want anybody else here reading.

Check my block list because you're probably on it.

Re: Nobody PM me ever again

what makes you think someone had access?

You have been reading all of our pm's from day one.

The only poster who had his account banned 4 times without ever breaking any rules each of those times.

i don't even read the pms you send me

^ Liar

The only poster who had his account banned 4 times without ever breaking any rules each of those times.

ok i lied there. i do actually read your pms because the crying is always hilarious, i just don't respond to them.

^ False Bravado

That's just Quality Assurance.

I've just finished work, in Denver, and when I logged in, the PMs I've received while being offline, in Denver, have been read.

Thankfully I'm extremely boring and my PMs contain nothing particularly beguiling or controversial, but it's still disconcerting to know that somebody else here is able to access my account.

I know you read them, but I've always just accepted that. It's often the only way I can get to talk to you. Now it appears somebody else is reading them too. Not knowing who it is bothers me.

i swear i've never read anyone's pms that weren't sent directly to me. anyway, this problem you're currently having may be related to a known issue in private messages. if someone's sends a pm and then they delete it and restore it, the notification will be removed from the recipients inbox and it will appear as read. i would guess that is probably what happened here. whoever sent it you could ask them if they did that. if they didn't it could be some other bug. i don't think it's possible for anyone to have gained access to your pms. they couldn't have gained your password here because they are all stored as hashes, which is basically uncrackable from what i'm told. even we don't have access to the actual passwords here. we could check to see if any ips other than your own accessed these read private messages.

Ok, so Kirk has confirmed he did indeed delete then restore the PMs. Everyone can relax now. False alarm.

You do read our PMs though. We all know it. And if you don't, it makes no difference, because we all write them with that in mind.

fuckin' kirk

Should've known…

I'm a sneaky bastard.

Durrrrr

I believe you

Durrrrr

Somebody else read your PM before I did.

Very odd and disturbing

Durrrrr

Yep.

Check your PMs

I'm the nicest guy around.

^ dishonest

I promise

Check your PM's

Durrrrr

Mine as well, and they seem to have also sent a bunch from my account. If anyone has received any death threats from me in the last few years it was somebody else.

Oh shit, ITTY hacked the site

My password is password

Fuckin A

I read your pms and I really wish I hadnt. You're a sick, sick man.

My password is password

Too late, I just hope nimda is open minded

But seriously, somebody has read my PMs.

Quick delete my nudes cocksucker!!!!!

Say hello to my cute little penis cocksuckers hehehehehe!!!!!!!!!

They were nuked on arrival. And next time, don't try and disguise the message with "Check out good noodle".