Mickey Rooney : The dark side of Mickey Rooney revealed

The dark side of Mickey Rooney revealed

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2609751/EXCLUSIVE-The-dark-Mickey-Rooney-kept-secret-millions-fans-A-violent-husband-addicted-sleeping-pills-didnt-damn-dog-savaged-face-toddler-grandson.html#comments

Re: The dark side of Mickey Rooney revealed

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2609751/EXCLUSIVE-The-dark-Mic key-Rooney-kept-secret-millions-fans-A-violent-husband-addicted-sleepi ng-pills-didnt-damn-dog-savaged-face-toddler-grandson.html#comments

Interesting article! It somewhat confirms my theory of the reason why Mickey and Judy never had a relationship that led to marriage. They just knew each other too well!

EXCLUSIVE - Mickey Rooney's dark side revealed: Bitter stepson claims star was a violent husband addicted to sleeping pills
Mickey Rooney's stepson Chris Aber sets out a series of explosive claims of life with the Hollywood icon who died earlier this month
He claims Rooney was violent to Jan - his wife of 36 years - was hooked on sleeping pills and didn't care about his own children or his grandchildren
Rooney was arrested in 1997 for hitting wife and Chris shares pictures of Jan in 2011 after another alleged beating
Claims he was so rude to Jan on a daily basis, even their pet parrot squawked 'shut up, Jan' all day long
Startling out-takes of a shelved reality show lift lid on Rooney's impatience and frame of mind
Aber, who was Rooney's assistant for 40 years, has spoken out after he and his mother were cut out of the will
Frail Rooney came under thrall of another stepson, a former heroin addict, in the later stages of his life which led him to abandon Jan

Wouldn't surprise me in the least. Most of the guests on the Jimmy and Tammy show struck me as scoundrels.

That story is so full of inaccuracies, first off Mark has been in contact with Mickey for years they have always been very clos 111c e. Not this whole last couple years he came back into his life crap. Even in the pilot for the reality show they discuss they don't mention that they go visit Mark and his wife Charlene in the pilot so this only last couple years back in his life was BS. We continue to the $2 million mansion it was hardly a mansion. It was an averaged size home in a gated community in Westlake Village, CA. It sold for about $600k which was split between Mickey and Jan. Wonder what she did with the money from that? We continue to Chris's stories of living in basic squalor, Chris and his wife lived extremely well off Mickey's money various sports cars etc. Chris always treated him horribly as can be seen in the pilot with the way Chris talks to him and Mickey's reactions, the last couple years with Mickey living with Mark I've never seen Mickey Rooney happier. Smiling, appears to be in better health. Actually a positive attitude in a few recent interviews. Hugging Mark and Charlene glowing about them and how well they took care of him. Hardly abusive. Mark had a drug problem which he was able to come out of that is an amazing accomplishment.

Chris Aber and his wife were leeches who bled Mickey dry, Mickey got fed up with it and put a stop to it. Also back to another lie the story of how broke Chris and his wife and mother are. Jan was given Mickey's pension which comes out to $10k+ a month. Hardly broke. Also the shots of Chris and Christina in their home are hardly pics of a home that is in squalor.

well said well said. he's my favorite actor of all time. and having said that I'm willing to admit that he wasn't the greatest guy. but I don't remember him even hitting Jan at all. now I may be wrong on that too. but since they were getting divorced and they had sold their home.

you would think that him hitting her would had been all over the damn news. I don't have an answer to what happened in (1997) cause I don't know if that's true or not. but I got the impression that the reason they were divorcing and I may be wrong about this, but Chris and his wife the way they treated him and him standing up for himself. I dunno kinda had the feeling that him going publicy about it ruined their marriage cause she'd be protecting her kids. now I may be wrong about that I admit that. I ha 2000 ven't done any research about it. but that's just how I read it when they had originally announced they were separating.

it could have been something else entirely as well. and I don't think he was living in no mansion at all. he never lived in a mansion at all in his life as far as I'm aware of. hell at his height in the late 30's and 40's. leaving out when he started to get married to his various wives. he was living at home with his mom and their house wasn't a mansion as far as I'm aware. and with the way he was never good with handling money at any age, and always having bills to pay in some form or another. I doubt he could have even afforded to

even buy a house that big. if you look at his filmography in recent years the films minus a certain ones I think were independent films. and if he had been rich I doubt he would have been doing anything he wanted. he would have been wanting to get good roles. not roles that were paying not very much.

anyways, if I'm wrong on any of this than so be it. I didn't know the guy personally nor do I know his family either. but I have a feeling this Is just a bunch of BS that his kids maybe trying to get some money from him.

just a thought.

I don't know why you would imagine a wifebeating, even (or maybe especially) perpetrated by a big Hollywood star would necessarily become public knowledge.

Chris Aber and his wife were leeches who bled Mickey dry, Mickey got fed up with it and put a stop to it. Also back to another lie the story of how broke Chris and his wife and mother are. Jan was given Mickey's pension which comes out to $10k+ a month. Hardly broke. Also the shots of Chris and Christina in their home are hardly pics of a home that is in squalor.

I remember hearing a year or so ago that he was taking one of his children to court because they were beating him...not the other way around...

so who's true and who's not, is anyone's guess, at this point in time

susan