Mickey Rooney : From 1926 to 2014? Wow, what an incredible career.

From 1926 to 2014? Wow, what an incredible career.

Mickey Rooney was not a huge superstar, but a well known solid performer of an actor. In his hay-day with Judy Garland he was big, but stuck around because he was a good basic solid talent.

He had energy, he had opinions, he had a talent for acting, and after his boyish good looks had left, he was still a marvelous and talented actor.

I thought for sure he would out live me. It never occurred to me that he might be mortal. Not because I worshiped him or anything, but because he just seemed to full of life every-time he appeared in a new project.

All men die, and that includes you, me, great leaders, great thinkers, and unfortunately great performers.

I think I might have liked to meet him.

Re: From 1926 to 2014? Wow, what an incredible career.

Trust me, I felt like you....would be great....then I did and found he was a horrible, nasty little man whose mind had gone years earlier. Remember him as the young, bouncy and energetic star of the 1940s.

Re: From 1926 to 2014? Wow, what an incre b68 dible career.

Yeah, he did a lot of BS, and BS'ed to a lot of people. There's a lot of successful personalities like his. I wasn't bothered it. I liked his acting. Having said that, I would not have let him date my daughter without me riding in the back seat with a shotgun.

And there you have it.

No, he wasnt just a bit grumpy or difficult....he was NASTY.

you can say the same about Bette davis as well. and m 5b4 any other people. i've heard on here that he was a bastard and i've also heard he wasn't. either way. i don't really care cause he's my favorite actor of all time. and i could care less if he later in life was a bastard. or even if he was like that when he was younger.

i'm still a MR fan.

You have to remember, actors are not politicians. They know that as long as they smile at the right time and give an A-class performance in front of the camera or on stage, that that wins them popularity.

Therefore they can act as asinine as they want in their off time. I've not known Mickey Rooney to be the such, but it wouldn't surprise me if he was, nor would it bother me. He was who he was.

Considering how he managed to portray himself as a nice man when he was that horrible shows at least that he was a talented actor.