Mickey Rooney : He was wonderful in National Velvet.

He was wonderful in National Velvet.

As a little girl I had a crush on him after seeing it. He played a lot of fluffy characters, but he was a fine actor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world... but for Wales?

Re: He was wonderful in National Velvet.

When my 10 year old great-niece discovered Mickey Rooney, while watching an old Andy Hardy movie on TV, she developed a mad crush on him. We had to tell her he was now an old man and she was n 111c ot going to grow up and marry him. Boy, was she bummed! Rest in Peace Mr. Rooney.

Maybe she should watch Love Finds Andy Hardy (1938). He doesn't treat Judy Garland so well in that one because she is younger than the rest of his girl friends, Polly in particular. I have the DVD and have been meaning to watch it again since Mickey passed.

Yes, good idea! BTW, National Velvet has been one of my favorite movies since childhood.

I watched Love Finds Andy Hardy (1938) again last night. Yes, the ending would be great for your great-niece. I only have that one Andy Hardy movie from a Judy Garland box set, but if I ever see an Andy Hardy set, I think I'll buy it.