Mickey Rooney : 10 decades of film acting

10 decades of film acting

He was in movies from age 6, in 1926, up until 2014. It's incredible when you think of it. He has multiple acting credit for every decade in his life; his really was a life in movies.

Re: 10 decades of film acting

Great catch. The news reports are saying eight decades of film history, but you are right, he has credits in ten decades. A remarkable achievement that is not likely to be topped.

RIP, Mickey. Loved him in so many of his movies. Never did his vibrant personality fade or change, not even into old age.

Anyone know if he has the record for longevity in Hollywood? Between MR, George Burns and now Betty White (did I miss anyone?), who has the longest career?

Its 88 years of acting from his first credit in 1926 to his last in 2014, but in decades, yes, it is 10 decades.

That was a good catch. I didn't notice that it was 10 decades either till I came here.

Incredible career.

Very good. But brick not hit back!

So 9 decades...

~RANKING 2014 FILMS~
imdb.com/list/p5gSdyBFHgI

No, 10.

10 decades (100 years, using convoluted math) is quite the achievement.

has anyone matched 10 different decades?

does anyone even have 9 different decades?

if not, who would qualify as closest to the Mick in movie appearances in different decades?

Actually its 88 years, but 10 decades. Either way, its definitely a very impressive career.

I can't think of anyone who comes close to Mick.

Very good. But brick not hit back!