Mickey Rooney : The final actor from It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World has passed :(

The final actor from It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World has passed :(

Sad day for me. With Sid Caesar's death earlier this yr, the entire a list cast of comedic giants is now officially gone. End of a beautiful era.

Re: The final actor from It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World has passed :(

Yes. The fact that all these passings mark the end of such an elegant era, that's what makes me sad. I always feel bitter and taken aback whenever I hear of a GOLDEN AGE star passing, and that's a big reason why... I feel so gobsmacked right now!

His IMDb credits are long and if true, he was a busy man til the very end! I wonder what will happen with his movies that are in the middle of production? In any case, R.I.P.. Mr. Rooney.

Please excuse typos/funny wording; I use speech-recognition that doesn't always recognize!

Beautifully said. This is one of the last legends who could sit down and tell you that Judy Garland was the sister he never had because he was an only child.

It's comforting to know that if there is a heaven he's meeting up with the likes of Buddy Hackett, Ethel Merman, and Spencer Tracy even as we speak, but still.

Though his is a minor part, Carl Reiner is still alive.

Marvin Kaplan also is still with us.

Stan Freberg is also still alive.

Sorry I didn't specify that none of the main treasure hunters are left...yes there are some smaller role players still alive

Re: The final actor from It's a Ma 1908 d Mad Mad Mad World has passed :(

Sorry I didn't specify that none of the main treasure hunters are left...yes there are some smaller role players still alive

You mean the guys clinging to the hook and ladder! (and their wives and mother-inlaw).

cinefreak