Harvey Keitel : never, ever given the respect or accolades he deserves

never, ever given the respect or accolades he deserves

other than a few, handful of actors, he's the best actor other than de niro, pacino, and hoffman that has ever lived but he's never gotten the respect from acting awards ceremonies that he deserves. this is wrong. if he ever got nominated for an award it certainly hasn't been an oscar.

lukejbarnett

Re: never, ever given the respect or accolades he deserves

He was nominated for a Oscar for his supporting role in Bugsy.

ah yeah fine you proved me wrong i guess but that's one nomination one nomination out of the 60 great performances he has given in his illustrious and legendary career.

lukejbarnett

According to the IMDb, Keitel has won 27 awards and been nominated for 22 awards, so once again you are goddamn fucking wrong you big stupid dumbass.

Yes, this is really me.

keitel has always been given respect and plenty of awards, just never won the top Oscar. He got massive respect throughout the '90s, starting with Reservoir Dogs.

oh come on, he is FAR from underrated at this point

he WAS underrated in the 1970's but after Reservoir Dogs he was "rated" higher than those who… rated higher than he did…

he became even more "rated" than sell-out De Niro after enough time…

The Fearmakers Blog https://thefearmakers.blogspot.com/

Luke the Puke is an idiot. Nothing he says ever deserves the respect you give him when you reply to him.

fuck you

lukejbarnett

We don't talk about Bruno! No, no, no!

not true bc guys like al pacino and de niro and pesci were always respected more than keitel. keitel is in their league of acting abilities and talents.

just bc keitel was used in popular movies and appreciated by tarantino doesn't mean he was apprecaiated or respected enough.

lukejbarnett

Keitel does not have the respect of Pacino/De Niro, I'd argue Harvey is more respected in the industry than Joe Pesci even with the latter Oscar win.

He is very good. He is nearly legendary.

Agree. Given many memorable performances over the years, in Hollywood and Independent films, as a character actor and leading man.

I would argue that Keitel is a less flamboyant, more subtle actor than his contemporaries DeNiro. Pacino, Nicholson etc… without the tendency to scene-stealing that tends to impress major awards-givers. It does seem ridiculous that his only nomination came for his performance in Bugsy, which is hardly one of his more memorable roles - even that very year, he was better in Thelma & Louise.

my criticism of hollywood and the media is they never gave him the accolades, respect recognition he so deserved and still does. he was never even as respected or acknowledged as dennis hopper or joe pesci or james woods or christopher walken.

and hopper walken and woods were very much character actors like keitel. so keitel should have gotten as much acknowledgement as all of them.

keitel is amazing is everything. i dont know if i've ever been not amazed by his acting. he is especially great in blue collar and dangerous game, reservoir dogs, and bad lieutenant.

lukejbarnett

Colin Farrell and Johnny Depp are both actors who are great and have never won an Oscar.

I think Colin should've won one for Phone Booth alone. One of his best performances.

R.I.P. Brittany Murphy (November 10, 1977-December 20, 2009)

but to compare farrell and depp with keitel when it comes to respect, recognition, notoriety, acclaim, accolades is unfair bc the general public knows and always has known who farrell and depp are but the general public has neve known who keitel is bc the press, and hollywood media has never made enough of a push to make him renowned.

and even if he never wanted to be famous and asked to never be famous to the media and hollywood press he would have become famous had they done enough, done enough press and interviews with him to make him famous and renowned and they should have bc all the important actors get this treatment.

lukejbarnett

I know they're both famous.

R.I.P. Brittany Murphy (November 10, 1977-December 20, 2009)