The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power : Amazon's new LOTR series just got a lot more interesting

Amazon's new LOTR series just got a lot more interesting

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/amazons-lord-rings-setting-clues-explained-1187322

At first, the rumors were the show would be centered around a young Aragorn, which just sounded lame as hell. Now it seems the story will take place in the Second Age telling the story of Númenor. This seems close to my wish for a TV series adaptation of The Silmarillion. Here's hoping that they've been able to reach an agreement with the Tolkien estate to do this!

I'm the nicest guy around.

Re: Amazon's new LOTR series just got a lot more interesting

Bump

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Sounds pretty gay bro

Lord President of the Council, Leader of the House, Chairman of the ERG, MP for North East Somerset and I sit next to Boris at Parliament

Totally homosexual.

When can I watch it?

Lord President of the Council, Leader of the House, Chairman of the ERG, MP for North East Somerset and I sit next to Boris at Parliament

Post deleted

The young Aragorn thing isn't happening now. Sounds like the show is taking place centuries before LOTR. The simple version is that the TV series will most likely lead up to the battle shown in the flashback at the very beginning of the first Lord of the Rings movie.

Post deleted

Post deleted

The problem is, they don't have the rights to the Silmarillion. They have merely acquired the same rights that Jackson had, ie. Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit. So I can't really say I have my hopes up.