Doctor Who : Moffat is RUINING Doctor Who.

Moffat is RUINING Doctor Who.

Doctor Who has been purely unwatchable since halfway through Smith's occupation of the title role. Capaldi was so awful I've not watched a single episode since his premiere, and the new female Doctor is clearly a gimmick designed to lure in the SJW crowd after the avid fans jumped ship.

Moffat has driven the series into the ground. Terrible ideas mean terrible scripts mean terrible episodes. It's all drivel. If we must go Nu-Who, at least bring back Davies, who at his worst was still more palatable than Moffat at his best.

Hark! Harold the angel sings.

Re: Moffat is RUINING Doctor Who.

My favorite Doctors are David Tennant and Matt Smith. Tom Baker was quirky and cool too.
Much as I tried, I couldn't get into Capaldi, and I haven't watched any of the latest episodes. I just couldn't see it as anything more than flogging a dead horse.

Yes! Tennant and Smith were wonderful, and nothing quite beats Baker's scarf (try as hard as McCoy's question mark getup did). Isn't it odd that Tennant ended up marrying another Doctor's daughter? Nevermind that she was also his own fictional daughter.

Once you start messing around with the wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff, anything can happen..

I stopped watching/grew out of the show a few episodes into the Capaldi series (first year of university). It kind of astonishes me that people still enjoy the show after they finish high-school, but different strokes, I guess.

Agreed. I watched the show from 2005 through the end of Smith's run, which concluded my freshman year of college. I don't know if I could get quite as invested in it in modernity, though it's still a fun flight of fancy.

I quite liked Capaldi's Doctor but the stuff they gave him to work with was dire.

I wanted to like Jodie's too but I have an aversion to all of that preachy nonsense. I don't need Doctor Who to explain why racism is bad and if I was the sort of person who didn't know, then I probably wouldn't be watching Who!

Of the new batch Tennant is my absolute favourite. I follow his Mrs on Instagram and she's a hoot.

I've been watching some of the Pertwee and Baker episodes on Britbox which has been fun.

/quite liked Capaldi's Doctor but the stuff they gave him to work with was dire./

Agreed 💯.

As much as I like the other doctors I really liked Capaldi because he had "The Doctor look" and old school grit.

He was a little darker and less comical but still witty. From what I understand that's what they were going for. A grumpier more substantive character.

It also helps that I'm not a young woman that likes the looks of Matt or David to influence my decision. :)

He's a great actor and I really did like a few of his episodes. The whole dour, Scotsman persona makes for a great character, I liked him and Clara together.

I think Doctor Who just disappeared up it's own bottom in the end. Time to put it out to grass until it's time for a reboot in another 20 years!

/Time to put it out to grass until it's time for a reboot in another 20 years/

Unfortunately you might be correct but hopefully it won't be that long.

I've only watched one of the Jodie Whittaker series. Yeah lots of WOKE and SJW preaching. When I get time I'll watch some more episodes to really judge.

I have no problem with a female Doctor Who but maybe it all comes down to the writing.

What do you mean IS ruinin? He hasn't been involved with Doctor Who since 2017. Capaldi was better in seasons 9 and 10 than he was in 8.

Hardcore fan of Tom Baker as the Doctor.

My problem with the current actor is that I don't think that she's a particularly good one. I thought that she was pretty meh in Broadchurch.

I sat opposite Tom Baker on a train once, travelling on the London to Kent train. He slept the whole way, or maybe he pretended to! Anyway he's extremely tall and needed a lot of leg room.

That's exactly why the TARDIS was bigger on the inside; the dude was tall.

C'mon, Dazed, I shouldn't have to connect the dots for you! This show is your national treasure, not mine!

MMC2: "Drill here! Drill now, Biden!"

It was rubbish to begin with.

Azn: “He (Orsen) now pretends to be in his 50s, but is in his 70s or close to 80 yo.”

Moffat left years ago you donkey.

This site loads faster when you are logged out

LOL. 🤡🌎

Oh thank God. Let's keep him out.

Good. 2016, yes? I haven't watched DW since Capaldi's first episode.

The female Doctor rant was a bit of an aside that made little sense in pertinence to the Moffat rant, as the decision was Chibnall's doing, so I can see why my severe autism didn't translate well. Apologies.

I never watch Dr Who, but I certainly understand your pessimism about when one character changes so much of the show.

Re: Moffat is RUNNING Doctor Who.

Davies is meant to be taking over again once Chinballs is done

Just in time for the 60th anniversary special

LOL. 🤡🌎