Best and Worst : Post deleted

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Re: What movies/tv shows do you like rewatching?

I missed a lot of pop culture in the late 1990s.

Anyway, The Sound of Music is nice, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (1971,) Pete's Dragon, Fantasia, Fantasia 2000… I'd like to see "Laverne and Shirley" again, though it's sad the lady who played Laverne died, looks like from health issues. I wonder what would have happened if The Phantom of the Opera came out earlier. Old fashioned material is great to be explored… Harry Potter left its imprint. So? Let's keep the good times rolling!

Floridian & Westerner
christinabarrett.com

Post deleted

Harry Potter was my high school and college years and beyond.

Floridian & Westerner
christinabarrett.com

I have seen every episode of "Charlie's Angels" at least 15 times, if not 20 or more.

There are so many movies that I can watch over and over and over again. The two genres that have the highest replay value for me are 80s horror film and 70s made for tv movies. Yee-gods!

Summer of Fear - 1978 MTV movie with Linda Blair
Initiation of Sara - 1978 MTV movie
Scream, Pretty Peggy - 1973 MTV movie
Midnight Offerings - 1981 MTV movie
Die, Sister Die! - 1972 MTV movie
Desperate Lives - 1983 MTV movie
The Spell - 1977 MTV movie
Vacation in Hell - 1979 MTV movie

The Fog - 1980
Terror Train - 1980
Body Double- 1984
Halloween. - 1978
Halloween 2 - 1981
Come Back to the 5&10 - 1982
9 to 5 - 1980

Post deleted

You haven't seen "Halloween"?

Also…

Carrie
3 Women
Jaws
Jaws 2
Jaws 3D
Whatever Happened to Aunt Alice?
And Then There Were None (1975)
Burnt Offerings
Psycho 2
Desperate Characters
Rosemary's Baby
Working Girl
Female on the Beach
College Girl Murders
The Fan
Damien: Omen 2 (The first one I think is a better movie. But it is too frightening and intense for much replay value.)

Satan's School for Girls - 1973 MTV movie

Oh so many favourite go toos'.

I can't watch Working Girl readily because of Harrison Ford. I struggle with him in this for some reason.

I've found She Devil has become a real favourite go too and also Mambo Italiano lately.

Some on your list and some others here:

Grease
Up In Smoke
Ordinary People
Tootsie
Amadeus
Elvira: Mistress Of The Dark
A Few Good Men
Serial Mom
Copycat
Pecker

I'd say Something Wild could be too, but I don't have a copy readily available.

I've got a friend who said she watched Silkwood so many times, that she started dreaming about it. I've seen her watch it and she wants to crawl into the t.v. set….😆

Norman! What did you put in my tea?

I don't like Ford in Working Girl, either. It's hard to put my finger on it. I think he knows he's cute and plays it up too much.

Ordinary People definitely has high replay value. Good call on that. And Elvira is always easy to watch.

I thought of putting "Polyester" down. It's very easy to watch over and over.

Also, yes on "Copycat". I've seen that movie 25 times. Weaver and Hunter are extremely well-matched up and Dermott Mulroney is adorable.

I knew a girl in high school that loved "Silkwood". She was obsessed with the Karen Silkwood character and even started talking with a twang. Lol

I also forgot to put down "16 Candles". It upsets me when I hear Molly Ringwald say how the movie wouldn't work today because it is so un-PC. Ugggghhh….

One can't often go wrong with Waters films. I love Pecker. There is just something about it that I find so warm, endearing and charming and I love the characters and Lily Taylor is just radiant with her presence, even though she is an opportunist.

Copycat just seems to get it all right and I love how these 2 women have to work together. Even Harry Connick Jnr in his creepy serial killer cameo role nails it. I hate Se7en and yet this tends to get all the accolades as a thriller from 1995.

I could go with Ferris Bueller over 16 Candles, but I do like both. That is what makes Candles so much fun, its non-pcness and it really captures its era's attitudes well with teens.

Cher's Texan twang cracks me up in Silkwood…"Dolly Pelliker!" Silkwood might be leisurely paced, yet it is full of many wonderful moments and comes together as a complete package of character and mood….."I love you Karen! "I love you too." "That's not what I meant". "I know! Its what I meant."

Post deleted

Up in Smoke

Did I tell you I met them when I worked at the airport?

If we take the time to see with the heart and not with the mind, we shall see that we are surrounded completely by angels ~ Carlos Santana

Yes, I recall you did!

How long ago was that?

It was back in '74

If we take the time to see with the heart and not with the mind, we shall see that we are surrounded completely by angels ~ Carlos Santana

Even before they were famous with Up In Smoke - 78'. Cheech was a cutie in his heyday.

They were real nice

That's a great story, Cheeky?

I know it's been a while, but do you remember any kind of detail? Was one of the guys more outgoing than the other?

I'm glad to hear that they were both nice. They give off a friendly vibe. I don't think anybody would argue with that.

I saw them and called them over. I asked for their autograph, Cheech said, How about a cookie for a quicky. Chong said, Thanks for the lovely smile

There was a guy with them that kept laughing, I think he was stoned

…Cheech said, How about a cookie for a quicky.
I doubt he would get away with that today, even though it was harmless fun. This is what is so frustrating about today's progressive pc mentality and its losing its sense of cheek, Cheeky.

Nice that Chong liked your smile. That is what these guys were about, making people smile and laugh. I just love Up In Smoke, as silly and as immatu

…Cheech said, How about a cookie for a quicky.
I doubt he would get away with that today, even though it was harmless fun. This is what is so frustrating about today's progressive pc mentality and its losing its sense of cheek, Cheeky.

Nice that Chong liked your smile. That is what these guys were about, making people smile and laugh. I just love Up In Smoke, as silly and as immature it could be considered. Its not really irresponsible though.

Chong directed their next two films and they were just weird and all over the place: Next Movie and Nice Dreams.

I agree, I was working at a snackbar which is why he said a cookie for a quickie

Just silliness is all, I waved them over and they didn't have to come but they did

Yeah! You wanted to say hi and they liked the attention.

Yes, C&C are really about as harmless as they come. I don't know your POV on marijuana, but I do think it is the most benign of all mind altering substances. Alcohol is 100 times worse.

"How about a cookie for a quickie?" !!! That's AWESOME! Cheech was playing around with you! That's definitely one of the best celebrity encounters I have ever heard, Cheeky. And then Chong seals the whole experience with a sweet comment for you.

Lucky girl!

Cheeky & Chong!

Yes, I'm a fan, they were very cool

Post deleted

My favorite shows:

The X Files
Twin Peaks
The IT Crowd
Cheers
MASH

Movies:

Field of Dreams
K-Pax
The Matrix
Falling Down
Benny & Joon

All of these are therapeutic for me, and make me feel better.

Punch-Drunk Love
Neon Genesis Evangelion
No Country for Old Men
There Will Be Blood
Blade Runner
Blade Runner 2049
Jurassic Park
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
True Detective season 1
Re: Zero - Starting Life in a New World
Raiders of the Lost Ark
The Departed
Dunkirk
The Lighthouse
Halloween (1978)
The Exorcist
Unforgiven
Seinfeld
The Lord of the Rings trilogy
King Kong (2005)

When I am king you will be the first against the wall, with your opinion which is of no consequence at all.

Post deleted

i’ve watched No Country for Old Men like 3 times in the last 2 months, i swear that movie gets better every time

Blade Runner 2049 and TD season 1 i could probably watch every few months as well

Friends

Post deleted

I love it soooo much.

Post deleted

I watch Aliens (1986) at least once a year.

Alba gu bràth

Post deleted

Post deleted

I've probably seen The Nice Guys at least 15 times.