The Emerald Forest : Great Movie

Great Movie

This film is an outstanding adventure with brilliant direction, rich cinematography and terrific performances. The only detractor isn't really Boorman's fault, or the film's, but the general leaning of cinema in the 1980's, which is the prevalence of the unrealistic fairy tale "good guys win" ending.

Even so, this movie is a solid 8 out of 10 for me. Recommend it.

Re: Great Movie

I absolutely agree with you. It's one of those movies that gets right under your skin and stays there forever. Charley Boorman was perfect as Tommy, and the rest of the cast were excellent too. I might even give it 9/10.

Charley Boorman grew up to be a little different from Tommee.

Charley Boorman appears to have a deep passion for ales, lagers and stouts. He also looks like someone who will tell you all about a very niche segment of history or foreign political strife while gesturing, in what I call "bar room eloquence," with his beer and a cigarette in the same hand.

I'd hang out with Charley Boorman, ask him what it was like making this movie and hanging out with all those pretty topless girls as a teenager.

I've read all the books about his motorcycle adventures with his mate Ewan McGregor. Charley seems like a good bloke, with his feet firmly on the ground.