Adam Sandler : He doesn't care his films are often flops because….

He doesn't care his films are often flops because….

Too many people criticize Sandler for the recent string of box office bombs he's put out. Well, not every movie can be a Happy Gilmore, and I don't think he even cares. Except for the artistic roles he specifically picks (i.e. Punch Drunk Love, Spanglish, Reign Over Me), the movies he produces and acts in are nothing more than him having a bunch of fun with his friends. And if you can have that much fun and still turn a profit (which all of his films do, even the "bombs") why shouldn't more of Hollywood aspire to be like him?

Think about it. David Spade, Rob Schneider, Jon Lovitz, Nick Swarsdon, Steve Buscemi, John Turturro, Norm MacDonald, Blake Clark, Jonathan Loughran, Peter Dante, Kevin James, Shaquile O'Neil, Henry Winkler. The list goes on, and most of these guys have been in six movies or more with Sandler. Half these guys wouldn't even have careers without being in Sandler films, which is not to say they couldn't. But THEY DON'T CARE, because they're having fun and paying the bills as well. It must be refreshing to work in Hollywood, be enjoyed by the masses, and not have to worry about how well received each film is. He's created a production machine that will continue on for years, until he himself decides to stop. And while the only award a Happy Madison production might ever win is a Razzie, who expects more?

Adam Sandler will go down in history along the likes of Mel Brooks, Christopher Guest, Harold Ramis, John Landis, the Zucker Brothers, and the Monty Python guys as one of the best comedic auteurs of all time.

Would you rather that, or "TRANSFORMERS 14: WHEN DINOBOTS GO BAD"

Re: He doesn't care his films are often flops because….

Agreed

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Agreed. That one was the worst in my opinion. But no one knows a movie is gonna be a flop ahead of time. Think of how childish Billy Madison or Happy Gilmore COULD HAVE gone? It's not til after shooting ends that post-production can make or break a film. When others might obsess and sit on a film, or schedule re-shoots, you gotta admire Sandler's balls to just say "*beep* It" and put that out in theaters.

Well said rosswrock. Im pretty sure if any of us met the success that Adam has, we would all try to bring those closest to us along for the ride.

Adam is doing fame more correctly than way more than half of hollywood. His actions as a person is way more valuable than his choices as an actor/producer/director.

eff all the haters

He's created a production machine that will continue on for years, until he himself decides to stop. And while the only award a Happy Madison production might ever win is a Razzie, who expects more?

Does he really look "happy" to you these days ?

I'm sure Sandler does care and would love to have a hit that pulls him out of this negative spiral that he's been in the last decade...

He should expect more of himself, and a big part of the audience also expects more, even if his movies make a little profit.

Adam Sandler will go down in history along the likes of Mel Brooks, Christopher Guest, Harold Ramis, John Landis, the Zucker Brothers, and the Monty Python guys as one of the best comedic auteurs of all time.

Or as Ed Wood.

he's not worth the energy or effort to talk sense into. the person who made this post is a child. it is a horrible disrespectful thing to do to movie goers, to just not care if a movie is good and just put out bad movies everytime.

its' the worst thing a person who makes movies can do. you are saying i dont' care about my movies i'm just having fun. well you know what? fuck you adam sandler. if you dont' care about your movies then i dont' care about them either. you shouldn't be able to waste the time and money of movie goers.

he shouldn't be able to make movies legally. they should take his hob away from him.

he should care about the integrity of his being which is him making good movies or at least trying to. if he gave up on making good movies then i give up on watching his movies.

put it this way, would adam like to watch his bad movies which is every one of them other than billy madison and happy gilmore, no, of course not. so no you cant' punish us by making us watch your movies if you wont' watch them yourself.

the most horrible and the worst thing ever written is the last part where he said adam is as great in some way as those filmmakers. this person knows as much about movies as a 2 year old.

lukejbarnett

Mel Brooks? John Landis? Are you serious, No way ever, never, never ever. It's not that he don't care it's more he never changed and WE did. Ever meet someone you haven't seen in a long,long time like high school or even college if your older like me? That one person that is still mentally stuck in that time period? Same jokes and shtick you use to laugh your ass off at but years later and some natural maturing it's not funny at all. You actually look back and wonder how you ever thought this person was funny or even "cool? He his kind of like that person. He has not changed with time, either he don't know how or he is a one trick pony so to speak. Every successful actor and comedy actor changes with time. Jokes change things that were are not funny anymore.
Something's are timeless but his gag is not one of them. He don't c 2000 are because he is worth $300 million and has never been a fancy ass in your face guy. Having fun with friends I totally agree, but it's more then that I believe. His comedy is old, we changed he did not simple as that. He has 300 million reasons to not give a *beep* it's nothing more then that.

that's exactly it. he never grew up. tom hanks grew up from bachelor party and bosom buddies to forest gump. then again maybe that's the same thing as not caring, right? if you don't care about your movies being good then you aren't growing up as a person outside of movies.

jim carrey grew up from playing juvenile roles to playing serious roles. robin williamns grew up form playing childish roles to playing serious and mature roles. heck even will ferrill grew up by playing in serious roles.

but adam just always goes back to playing just variations on the childish and juvenile and stupid unintelligent character he's played form day one. it's really pathetic and humiliating.

i think the problem is if you just go right back to playing worthless roles in worthless comedy movies like adam does right after starring in serious movies like punch drunk love you are never respected and never taken seriously bc you arent' growing as an actor or performer. so of course he's never taken seriously or respected as an actor or a comedian.

lukejbarnett

You're applauding a multi-millionaire for charging audiences to watch him hang out with his friends?

Sure, audiences aren't forced at gunpoint to buy a ticket, but its still an incredibly arrogant offer and disrespectful to the guy's audience and his own craft.

Due to the lack of moderators, trolls can ruin the IMDB message boards. Don't feed them.

how is it any different than trailer park boys.

that's what if iv'e been sating here. its' incredibly self righteous and arrogant and mean and almost criminal and should be criminal to not care about the movie you are making being good. its' such a disrespectful thing to do to movie goers.

so it would be like any job a person not caring. lets' just make this sandwich however i make it i dont' care what it tastes like or how its' made by me. that's the worst way to have a career. if everyone did that the whole world would suck and we'd probably all kill each other.

if he doesnt' care about making good movies bc he doesn't know how to make a good movie which might be why hes' doing this, this not caring about making good movies then he should stop making movies. he doesnt' have to make movies if hes' worth 300 mil. dollars.

hollywood has to find a way to stop him from making bad comedies. if it's not him making too many money losing movies at the box office or anywhere else that kills his career then hollywood has to fire him right now from making any more bad movies which is all he can make.

lukejbarnett

So far, he's only got one starring vehicle this year. That's a little less than normal.

This is just a Tribute.

artistic roles...Spanglish

That movie was just trashy pro-immigration propaganda. He doesn't care about the movies he puts out because of what you said. He makes money for filming him and his friends being jackasses. Grown-Ups was literally just him and friends on vacation with a camera.

I don't think they're "enjoyed by the masses", more just tolerated. People don't expect Adam Sandler to win any awards. People expect quality similar to that of him in the 90's.

No he won't. He hasn't had a good film in 20 years. Brooks, Guest, Ramis, Landis, the Zuckers, and Monty Python were all hilarious almost all of the time. Everyone knows they're hilarious. Everyone hates Adam Sandler. His last watchable movie was Mr. Deeds.

I'd rather neither.

Communism was just a Red herring!

Think about it. David Spade, Rob Schneider, Jon Lovitz, Nick Swarsdon, Steve Buscemi, John Turturro, Norm MacDonald, Blake Clark, Jonathan Loughran, Peter Dante, Kevin James, Shaquile O'Neil, Henry Winkler. The list goes on, and most of these guys have been in six movies or more with Sandler. Half these guys wouldn't even have careers without being in Sandler films, which is not to say they couldn't.

I agree. David Spade, who had a string of successful comedies with Chris Farley and has had a decent run on several sitcoms as a character actor for 30 years would've never had a career without Sandler. Ditto, John Lovitz, another successful character actor. Where would his career have been without Sandler? Henry Winkler, one of the most popular sitcom actors of all time and a director of a popular series, MacGyver, would've never had a career without Sandler, either! John Turturro and Steve Buscemi, two of the most brilliant character actors of the 1980s and 1990s owe their entire careers to Sandler. Kevin James? The success of his sitcom, King of Queens, can all be attributed to Sandler!

Don't even get me started on what losers Norm MacDonald, Shaquille O'Neal and all the other people on your list are! If it hadn't been for Sandler, none of them would've had careers!

Hopefully, if Sandler goes down in history, it'll be down a toilet bowl where he belongs.

---
Emojis=💩 Emoticons=

Yes you're right, Spade, Lovitz, Buscemi...those are the more successful of his friends. On their own da0 right, they do fine. But when I said half of them wouldn't have careers without Sandler, I was talking about the others. Can you honestly tell me you've seen Blake Clark, Jonathan Loughran, Peter Dante in any other project not related to Sandler? Nope. I bet you don't even know who they are by their names, but if you look them up, you'll recognize their faces. Where from? SANDLER MOVIES!

And when I said Sandler will go down as a famous comedic auteur, I just meant that he single handedly is responsible for dozen of comedy films that he has sole control and approval of. It's very rare for a single person to put out so many comedic films that are commercially, if not critically, a huge success. So yes, in that aspect he does belong with Mel Brooks, the Zucker bros, Monty Python, etc. Not on the quality of his films (good God no! I haven't like much lately either,) but on the fact that he keeps turning them out, and the masses keep paying to see them.

When I wrote this post, I was just sick of the haters who are coming down on his "quality of work" and don't get that he doesn't care. He pulls in a fortune in a never-ending frat party with this friends making dick and fart jokes, and we should all be so lucky.

but that's not a good thing, that's not a good thing to be successful for crap movies. who cares if you have success and have a lucrative job doing shit work? you are wrongly equating success with a respectable and integrity and fulfilling career.

who cares? who cares if he makes a lot of money off of poor, unsuspecting but they should suspecting shit movie people? this shouldn't be praised you're praising a criminal. if everyone had this mindset that they are just making money and not an honest living by making good works and having a respectable profession that you are proud of then there wouldn't be any honest worker in the world.

you're just as bad as sandler if you praise and applaud his shit movies and his horrible dishonest living off of the public.

lukejbarnett

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Adam sandler will not be like those other actors. He will stay in history.

Nick Swarsden wouldn't have a career without Sandler, that's for sure.

agreed. there are a lot of his newer films i choose not to watch but i still like Adam Sandler a lot, and for every flop i might choose not tos ee ill always go see his "average to good" films he still releases from time to time because he's made forever fans---and I think he's a smart guy. he's a working actor making tons of money, enjoying his life. all the haters and trolls giving him constant shi* for his films that arent as good anymore are just jealous pathetic little people who would dream to have his life and produce flops lol.

While I agree with everything except the last paragraph I still can't be bothered to watch another Sandler movie.

yeah, if you go to every board of hollywood actor, there must be one thread that say, "worst actor ever ect". Dont care about them, every human got their weaknesses and hater is the one who never look at the bright side, me too. They hate oscar too.

THRILLER IS MY FOOD!

Of course not, he's still being paid ridiculous amounts of money for doing garbage after garbage. Why should he care?

"You're a disease, and I'm the cure!" - Marion "Cobra" Cobretti

you're so wrong it's almost criminal. so the whole point of making movies is to make actually good movies. otherwise why even try to make a movie? so if you dont' care about making good movies then you should get out of the movie making business so we dont' have to watch your movies or hear about them or read about them.

if you dont' care about your movies then we dont' care about your movies. and we know adam doesn't care about his movies bc he doesn't care to make good movies and he just is a lazy actor which is the worst kind of actor.

you can't just make movies for the fun of it. this is a job, this is an important career bc people watch movies everywhere in the world and they care about them. put it this way, would he ever watch his movies? of course not bc they are horrible and unredeemable.

where did you get the idea he doesn't care if his movies are good? are you just assuming this bc his movies are never good?

you dont' know what you are talking about. his production company is not doing something good in any way, they're not successful and not admirable.

you're confusing his production company with judd apatow's production company.

and even if they are successful financially so what? their movies don't have any artistic or classic movie merits. so you're wrong.

its' quite disrespectful to say adam sandler's movies are in the same universe as the comedic movies of any of the people you mentioned or are anywhere close to as great or good as any of the great films of any of the people you mentioned.

lukejbarnett