Actors and Actresses : Is the average quality of acting in theater much higher than in movies?

Is the average quality of acting in theater much higher than in movies?

Afterall most of the Oscar winners started in theater or do just as much live theater as they do in movies. Not to mention even in the debut roles in movies, many experienced theater actors (esp if they come from Broadway or England's theatre scene) are already praised in their first ever movie role such as Timothy Dalton's entrance in film in The Lion in the Winter.

It even seems having a theater background is almost a guarantee for a support even major role if nobody else has an lead role resume from a TV show or support roles in movies.

Is the quality of acting in theater esp the professional level that much greater?

Re: Is the average quality of acting in theater much higher than in movies?

yes.

You asked a pretty question; I've given you the ugly answer.
Fasten Your Seatbelts….
It's Going To Be A Bumpy Night!

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

It is two different styles. I prefer the natural style in film.

I would say no. There are some bad stage actors, worse than the worst screen actors. Hollywood pays more so will naturally attract the best talent.

This post is very wrong. Remember Indie movies? B movies? Not all of cinema is big Hollywood productions. Few movies even surpass $10 million outside of Hollywood.