The Soapbox : Holding out for a Caseworker

Holding out for a Caseworker

The notice may come by "snail mail."

I'm still trying to get with a place Chicka Boom mentioned and thought there were more suggestions I might have saved.

Floridian/French-New-Orleanian • Dutch-Chinese-Indonesian/Irish/German/French/Dutch • Blog

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Re: Holding out for a Caseworker

Good luck Christina. I hope it happens real soon for you. Just try to hunker down in the mean time, and make the best of the current situation to the best of your ability. A good case worker should make all the difference. If you get one that doesn't work for you, get another.

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Okay, thanks.

Floridian/French-New-Orleanian • Dutch-Chinese-Indonesian/Irish/German/French/Dutch • Blog

Why dont you become a nun, you love the church and you can teach and play violin all day long.

Yanks can't locate their own state on the map

I did JROTC and wanted to join the military, army, but I have diabetes and would have to be off medication for 6 months and it's too late after this year, I think, I'm 35.

Why dont you become a nun, you love the church and you can teach and play violin all day long.

Ugh, this is kind of perfect and ticks all the boxes based on her interests. One of my former churches had a “Mouse” program where they provided cheap housing, meals, etc. to people in exchange for doing the chores/labor for the church (like preparing for a service).

Ive suggested lots of things but she doesnt care, i even suggested getting volunteer work as a teacher to those beginners in the under 10's.

Shes no intention of anything

Yanks can't locate their own state on the map

Post deleted

NAMI didn't answer me a 2nd time.

NAMI seems rather unresponsive, usually.

Post deleted

NAMI mostly provides emotional support via support groups. From their website:
Unfortunately, the NAMI HelpLine is unable to provide mental health counseling, advice, personal advocacy or referrals to mental health providers or lawyers. The NAMI HelpLine does not provide individual casework, legal representations or any type of individual advocacy.

The best starting point is through her insurance.

Yea, the lady in charge of the group home is anxious I see my case worker, too, but doesn't know why I'd get more benefits. I don't get money back from May, neither, like I thought could be $500.

Once Christina is approved, she will automatically get assigned a case worker through her managed care plan with Ohio Medicaid. She will then have to call Medicaid customer service to get a list of providers (PCP, Psychologist/therapist, Endocrinologist, whatever she needs, etc) in her area.

Whichever provider(s) she chooses will work with her case manager to set her up with the services she needs. The case manager will put together a care plan for Xtina and put her in contact with the corresponding agencies so she can get some help.

Are You Feeling Hurt Or Triggered By Something I've Said? Call 1-800-BUTT-HURT| To Speak With An Experienced Unsympathetic Counselor Today!

Post deleted

Np. I'm not sure if they've resumed doing in-house assessments yet, but the last time I checked, they were still conducting them via video conference due to COVID.

Are You Feeling Hurt Or Triggered By Something I've Said? Call 1-800-BUTT-HURT| To Speak With An Experienced Unsympathetic Counselor Today!

Post deleted

Ok

Christina you need to call the number on your insurance card..

You probably have Medicare plus a state plan. Call both. You can find these numbers on your insurance cards. Call and tell them you have their insurance and need a case manager to get benefits for you because you are disabled.

That is the best starting point. Good luck to you.

Okay, thanks, maybe Monday.

Christina you should try and call before Monday because they may offer after hours services or weekend service. I know you feel it’s okay to put it off but you must try right away. You need help fast. Please just two more phone calls today. Find your insurance cards for those numbers.

Okay. (I'm eating supper now.)

Great as long as you try,

Post deleted

They have service 24 hours a day

Medicare has a helpline with staff available 24/7 to answer your questions : 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227) or TTY (TeleType): 1-877-486-2048.

Okay, I can try that, too.

I couldn't find the national ID for the number on the back of my card, and the number you gave me requires a card I don't have - I have Medicaid, not Medicard is why.

Medicaid is your state health insurance. Medicare is federal. This is standard in most states. You can call Medicaid for help also. That’s why I said to call both.