Actors and Actresses : Who do you think is the best British actor rn?

Who do you think is the best British actor rn?

Honestly? It’s Reece Shearsmith. It’s actually not even close. He’s better than McAvoy, and I don’t say that lightly.

@Dazed
@Loki

Pls discuss

Harry Starlord: “Lord Orson, you are stupid loser who's 50 years old with the brain of a stupid 2 year monkey.”

Re: Who do you think is the best British actor rn?

British? Yeah he's definitely on my list. You know I love Paddy Considine but Reece Shearsmith…did you see In the Earth?

I thought the new episode of inside no 9 was so clever in the way Reece didn’t overly camp it up at all, but just intelligently played this subtle gay version of himself, and it seemed so natural.

Maaaaan, that guy can act.

I don’t know In the Earth.

And yes, Paddy is also GOAT

Harry Starlord: “Lord Orson, you are stupid loser who's 50 years old with the brain of a stupid 2 year monkey.”

Ooooh see In the Earth.

Be aware that Ben Wheatley is back to mind tripping form, and it's pretty loud. And slow.

This looks amazing. And you’ve probably recommended it to me many times before 😂

Have you seen his other movie Kill List before? I’m joking. I’m joking!

I did yes and…OMG DON'T JOKE!

I will say I miss Michael Smiley in Ben Wheatley films. 2 now in a row without him.

You need to open your mind to utopia.

Take lots of drink and drugs and just enjoy it

I HAVE. I just finished the first series on Thursday night. Loved it. Every single shot was perfect. Visually STUNNING. 10/10

Neil Maskell amirite

He's got that dead inside look that's so appealing on him.

Btw wasn't kidding about how gorgeous Utopia is. It's almost excruciatingly beautiful.

He’s amazing…the yanks did a new utopia rendition and by all accounts it’s awful.

Ps lmao

I watched 5min of the American version and it made me immediately stop and go look for the original.

So glad I did.

It’s funny how IRL Neil Maskell looks better now and Danny Dyer looks old as shit

I was wondering when Danny Dyer would come up. Never thought Danny Dyer as particularly appealing. Neil Maskell however, yeah he's quite cute.

Stephen Graham is the other GOAT Brit actor rn.

I tried his new prison show with Sean Bean this week, as you know, but it’s fucking grim

I like him but I'm more partial to Neil Maskell.

Hey you brought up Kill List. I'm just going for it now.

Btw I'm only counting English actors.

McAvoy has a new comedy with the Irish bird from Catastrophe coming out. I think it’s a random one off BBC special. Might be worth a watch

McAvoy is so good, mayne

He is. Aren't you glad I count Scotland as Scotland?

I'll give that a watch too. I watch anything with McAvoy in it.

Saw this rather cool modern version of Macbeth (set in the restaurant industry iirc) with him in it. Haven't been able to find that again.

McAvoy is one of the top 5 movie actors in the world.

He’s got humour too:

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Tom Hiddleston

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Gary Oldman another one.

What about Richard Armitage? He's pretty good. Can handle an action role, romantic lead, and angry dwarf king.

He’s talented, but we have some history

https://filmboards.com/board/20035514/

Oh my god.

Going to have to read all that now.

So, Christian Bale. English or Welsh?

The best actors in the world universally are McAvoy, Farrell, Bale, Fassbender, Pitt, Norton, LDC, McConaughey, Phoenix and Oldman.

I need to rest now, my love

Greetings. I arrived on Planet Earth from Planet Zambodia 333 years ago to rule Bongoland, as Prince of the Mongos

If we're throwing in universal, my favourites go up. Michael Smiley and Rhys Ifans. ❤️❤️❤️ Don't forget Cillian Murphy and Tom Vaughn-Lawlor, Brendan Gleeson, Matthew Rhys and Stephen Rea.

Sleep well!

Greetings. I arrived on Planet Earth from Planet Zambodia 333 years ago to rule Bongoland, as Prince of the Mongos

I missed Hardy from my list, and yes Murphy should be on there too.

Guy Pearce too is criminally underrated

Oh yes. On all counts! I haven't rewatched Bronson in some time. Might get that done next week.

I just finished watching Mildred Pierce, the HBO show with Winslet and Pearce.

Winslet is really, really good!

I haven't seen that.

The other HBO show Mare of Easttown with them two is worth a watch too. It’s messy, but probably 7/10

Princess Corwin says good things about Mare of Easttown.

Definitely worth a watch, typical HBO sort of stuff.

It isn’t True Detective S1 though, by any stretch of the imagination.

I'll check that out, too.

Btw I’m forgetting the topic title. Guy Pearce is Australian and Murphy is very Oirish 😂

Yes, but you moved the goalposts to include international.

💦💦💦

Durrrrrrrrr

A lady never tells…

Durrrrrrrrr

Are you Kirk?

Im Orson

Durrrrrrrrr

Oh. I was hoping to ask Kirk a favor…