Bill Cosby : 70 bankrupt women saying the same thing is not evidence, lol.

70 bankrupt women saying the same thing is not evidence, lol.

It depends on the person's credibility on whether they are known to tell the truth or not.

If the women have always been known to be liars in everything their words are useless.

And if they are telling the "truth" why won't they testify but they always ask for settlements?

Re: 70 bankrupt women saying the same thing is not evidence, lol.

1 fore the money 2 for the show

Re: 70 bankrupt women saying the sam
b68
e thing is not evidence, lol.

is it easier for you to accept that 70 women are all lying?
The guy was just on tv. I don't understand this god like status being handed to Bill Cosby.

Are you an idiot or are you just impersonating one?

Why are you acting like this grown man shouldn't be held accountable for HIS actions? I'm sorry if you don't know your dad and have placed all the love and respect you were supposed to direct at your father to Bill Cosby but here's your reality check: Bill Cosby is not really your daddy. He just played a character on tv. He is just a comedian. I don't understand why some people are defending him so hard. He has admitted to drugging some women. Why shouldn't he be held accountable for his actions? Because he was on tv or because he told some jokes! Get real.

Be honest this isn't the first time you've been called a bastard but it is the nicest.

Why are you acting like this grown man shouldn't be held accountable for HIS actions? I'm sorry if you don't know your dad and have placed all the love and respect you were supposed to direct at your father to Bill Cosby but here's your reality check: Bill Cosby is not really your daddy. He just played a character on tv. He is just a comedian. I don't understand why some people are defending him so hard. He has admitted to drugging some women. Why shouldn't he be held accountable for his actions? Because he was on tv or because he told some jokes! Get real.

smoothsagetx, I was responding to the O.Ps. original comment, not yours. Cosby should spend many years in prison for the things he's done. I loved the Cosby show, and like many others I thought he was a nice guy. He's scum!!!

once_again
I think I've become the horrible part of IMDB. I have a bs excuse but it is absolute bs. I've behaved horribly and thank you for having more class than I showcased. I know it doesn't really matter in the scheme of things but I sincerely apologize. My self created issues are no reason to release venom on the internet.

I'm trying to quit smoking. Again. I'm sure I'm sorry and even if we didn't agree about Coz, I am still Captain Wrongpants.

I agree on the "god status" comment. People do treat him like some kind of god. He did such a convincing job playing a nice guy all these years, that people simply can't accept that he was do such a thing. Power and wealth are easy to abuse.

I don't know why this is so hard for people to believe that these things happened. Are there women in there that might be seeking money? Absolutely. But, there are some people that that seem to not only be completely emotionally struck but also have solid stories about what happened. I believe the majority of them are telling the truth.

I think instead of defending him, let his day in court come and we'll see who is right. I'm sur even after the case, if he is to serve prison time, people will still defend him.

1. Every vvoman follovved him to hotel rooms. To get autographs? Yeah sure.
2. Every one of them admitted he gave them money for years. VVhy vvould any rape victim accept money from her attacker? It sounds more like blackmail and prostitution to me
3. He vvas never convicted in a court of lavv,yet people judge him guilty based entirely on the media frenzy drummed up by a bunch of vvomen,obviously after his vvealth.
4. As for him giving them pills...if a vvoman says she has a headache,vvhat does a real man do? Offers her medication.
5. If he really vvas a rapist,and their accusations indicate he's a serial-rapist,he'd still be doing it,and there'd be recent accusations that have collected proof from the police investigations. Not the case here.

Bottom line,if these vvomen had proof,they'd charge him.

1. VVhy are you using two Vs for Ws?

Every vvoman follovved him to hotel rooms.

This was not the case for every Woman (not vvoman), and clearly you have no experience of or knowledge about the entertainment industry. Most entertainers ren 5b4 t suites when they are traveling and entertaining, and use these suites as a center from which they conduct business. It's not at all unusual. If a man met him in one of his suites, would you assume he was there to get autographs, or being a prostitute, rather than meeting him there for business reasons?

2. Every one of them admitted he gave them money for years. VVhy vvould any rape victim accept money from her attacker? It sounds more like blackmail and prostitution to me

"Every one of them" did not. If there was hush money or blackmail involved, it sounds most likely to me that it was payoffs coming from Cosby in most if not all cases, not demanded by his victims.

3. He vvas never convicted in a court of lavv,yet people judge him guilty based entirely on the media frenzy drummed up by a bunch of vvomen,obviously after his vvealth.

He hasn't been convicted … yet. People judge him by his many victims, by his own words, by the fact that he settled out of court in the previous Constandt case, and by his (hushed up) reputation.

4. As for him giving them pills...if a vvoman says she has a headache,vvhat does a real man do? Offers her medication.

What does a real man do? Offer her aspirin, not Quaaludes, Benadryl, or any other type of strong medication that just happens to incapacitate 1c84 her to the point of unconsciousness or lack of ability to leave on her own, or fight back. I'd think the answer to this would be obvious to any healthy, normal man.

5. If he really vvas a rapist,and their accusations indicate he's a serial-rapist,he'd still be doing it,and there'd be recent accusations that have collected proof from the police investigations. Not the case here.

Really? Even though now he's about 80 years old, after being formally accused as recently as 2005? Although he got away with it then by agreeing to settle and keeping it out of the news, which had to have scared him because even his impressively strong PR agents couldn't keep it entirely out of the news, only to a point.

But hey, you keep living in dreamland.

You're still give the very best analysis, Cat. And I think we all know why this jerk chose to use two vs instead of a w.

Thanks, A-Rosenberg :)

Your post reminds me I need to send you another PM, which I'll do right now.

Either the dude-dudette has a broken keyboard, or is just trying to be special and unique in an attempt to hide the stupidity.

He never admitted to drugging women. The only thing you will find is in those days people commonly used drugs for sex. There was no admission anywhere of drugging or raping women. You should lay off that social media crack, makes you look like a retard.

Good point. He specifically said that he gave quaaludes (a legal prescription medication) to one woman. She has admitted in newspaper interviews that she knew what she was taking because Cosby told her. That is definitely not drugging a woman in any meaningful sense. Hundreds of thousand of Los Angeles women were using quaaludes at that time.

The World is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion - Thomas Paine

The misogyny and rape culture in this thread is disturbing, to say the least. It's no wonder men get away with drugging and raping women. It's always the victim-blaming and victim-shaming, and making women out to be the bad people, or the ones who were "asking for it."

You misogynists disgust me.

Are you equally disgusted by misandrists?

Misandrists and misogynists disgust me equally.

Stop your victim blaming. Dr. Cosby is the victim in this case. The lawyers and lying curs who are obviously after his money are the perverts and real rapists in this case. They are supported by the racist and sexist mass media reporters who hold up these sick villains as heroes.

The most important thing that I learned from reading Simone de Beauvoir is that ideology is no excuse for hurting innocent people. Read "The Blood of Others."

The World is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion - Thomas Paine

You do realize that he admitted in civil court several years ago (in what was a closed settlement that is now open due to criminal proceedings) that he flat out admitted to drugging a woman to sleep with her. Those words came out of HIS MOUTH. But yeah I'm sure it's all just them out to get him....

Nope, never happen, even if it did, there's no way he would admit that in court, nobody would. It's a flat out lie, the admission was that people used drugs for sex and it was consensual.

Sorry, you're wrong. His admission was that HE gave drugs to women he wanted to have sex with. When next question asked was if the women knew he was giving them drugs, his attorney told him to not answer. if it was all consensual, why not answer?

He admitted that he had it in his mind to give quaaludes, a legally prescribed drug that was extremely popular with many women at the time. He immediately said that he misunderstood the question and that it was only one woman - Teresa Serignese that he was talking about. Serignese had already admitted that she knew what she was taking because Cosby told her. She admitted it under oath in a deposition in 2005 and repeated it in an interview in 2015 to the Daily Mail. No drugging took place. She admitted to later getting thousands of dollars from Cosby, although she couldn't remember if she had sex with him more than a couple of times in the 20 years she carried on a relationship with him.

His attorney told him not to answer questions about other women because the judge had restricted the questioning to the twelve Jane Does that Constand's lawyers Troiani and Kivitz had found. If he answered a question like, "Did you ever give quaaludes to any other women to drug them," Troiani and Kivitz could just go out and find another woman to claim that Cosby had lied under oath. None of the other accusers named the drug that he gave them. This weighs heavily against their testimony as most people go to a doctor or clinic and do testing when they think that they have been drugged.

You can't ask general questions like "Have you ever broken any law or have you ever used drugs? If you do that than anyone being sued for a specific crime would never answer questions because they could be sued rightfully or wrongfully by an endless number of people. The questions have to be limited to specific cases related to the lawsuit. That is normal. Constand's lawyer, Troiani knew that she was breaking the rules by asking general questions. She did it only for effect.

jayraskin1, we are know Bill Cosby is such a gentleman! Bill Cosby is chivalrous enough to let women know he is giving them date rape drugs. That makes it okay! Good to know! The lesson from Bill Cosby is that as long as you let women know ahead of time that you are giving them date rape drugs (like quaaludes, which were allegedly "legal" at the time and are described as an excellent drug to help you fall asleep), then it's okay to take advantage of them and rape them while they are unconscious! Because, you know, they asked for it! They wanted to get high from drugs so that they are just begging for men to have sex with them while high!

Smakdaddy99999
Quaaludes were never a daterape drug. It was desired by millions of women because it relaxed them to make sex more enjoyable. It was the fourth most prescribed drug in America in the mid 1970s when Cosby had his prescription to it.

Although, you might not believe it, Smakdaddy99999, a lot of women do desire sex. They especially desire it from handsome rich television and movie stars.

It would be nice if you had the tiniest shred of evidence that Dr. Cosby is guilty of any of the absurd and insane accusations against him before convicting him.

Yes, women desire sex. But they get to choose with whom they have it and when.

And your comment appears to presume all women want the same thing, which is untrue.

Smackdaddy, and for that matter no one else, can "convict" Cosby on a discussion board. They can, however discuss the issue and share their opinions.

It ain't the Ganges, but you go with what you got." ~ Ken Talley, "The Fifth of July"

why don't you respond to JayRaskin response cat?

All these women have something in common. They are all gold diggers and liars. The case will be thrown out eventually and Cosby will have his vengeance by suing every last one of them.

Well, he's already dropped his counter suit. So I guess his lawyers convinced him it just looked tacky.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

American women were pretty much powerless in Hollyweird and the industry until the women's lib movement/feminists came along. Before that time, the ladies who were trying to get ahead would link themselves to a heavyweight - similar to a man like Cosby. Sleeping around via the casting couch or golddigging in order to move up was and is still fairly common. So common in the industry that the ladies shouldn't be automatically believed and portrayed as some young innocents ( back in the day)

Totally unrelated to Cosby's case but many managers in the business especially back in the day have/had a common duality and acted as a pimp. Pimps back in the day didn't have the bad rep and were sought out by women trying to make it in the business. One manager/pimp/handler of a huge star financed her career off of the profits of his trove of women.

It's a dirty business and some people will do anything to break into the business or to get ahead.

Some of the biggest names (women mostly) in the business were ran by managers/pimps (actual pimps)

Some of the biggest names in the business were or are pimps.

In another example, Berry Gordy was allegedly a former pimp. This information is per one of his former wives. I wouldn't doubt it. Where else would Gordy get the collateral to open a somewhat legitimate business like Motown? Blacks are/were treated like second class citizens. One of Motown's main acts, The Supremes, were often dressed up like "the ladies of the night." The former lead isn't the person I was referring to in my previous post but you can only assume this to be the case. Many huge stars (females mostly) later marry or attach themselves a "manager."

The system treats women like second class citizens (accessories to men) and pushes this culture off onto the general public. Same with the drug culture and alcohol.

So, why aren't you angry with the establishment? Women aren't ding-a-lings and should hold some responsibilities for their actions.

The business is very sleazy and many know it going in.

Regardless of the outcome of the case, Bill Cosby's legacy is forever RUINED and TARNISHED. His life is DESTROYED, and only his most delusional fans still support him.

They just want the money so they are picking on poor Bill Cosby.

Brony who is a Metallica fan

They're not asking for money you ignoramus.