Politics : What do you see as the greatest threat to the world, and why?

Re: What do you see as the greatest threat to the world, and why?

Norman! What did you put in my tea?

You can't solve the problem with drastic measures which limit personal freedom and independence.

It is simply a fact that drastic measures will be required to fix the problem. That's why there is such resistance from brainwashed, selfish maggots like you. The actual limitations to personal freedom don't necessarily have to be drastic, though–just different than the many limitations we live under now, limitations that are invisible to you because you are an indoctrinated moron who thinks there is only one way to order society.

So you expect real people to suffer now so imaginary people who may or may not exist 200 years from now will have better lives. You live in a fantasy.

Administrator
"filmboards is a bold experiment in free speech and anarchy"
I GameBoy

The actual limitations to personal freedom don't necessarily have to be drastic, though–just different than the many limitations we live under now…

You mean like lockdowns? The current fixes are not solving any of the issues inherent in our depressed societies and all it has EVER boiled down to, is elitist retainment of the status quo, which IS about ordering and controlling society. Quick fixes only count, because the system doesn't want it fixed. Never has and NEVER will.

Nobody is asking you to ride the bicycle but you don't have either to change every couple of years your car, buy all the stupid, useless things just because they look nice for the moment, or who knows what. You can also ride the bus once in a while, nothing will happen to you. Wasting means dependence which is exactly the opposite of independence.

Well said, dude

People who disagree with him are "literally a disease"?

No, some of us are more concerned with making life better for everyone now. And good social planners do not make life more difficult now for the poor and the working class to please some nonexistent being who might exist 200 years from now.

Yup, shut down industry and put people out of work so some imaginary kid has a better life in 200 years.

Administrator
I GameBoy

good social planners do not make life more difficult now for the poor and the working class to please some nonexistent being who might exist 200 years from now.

Yup, shut down industry and put people out of work so some imaginary kid has a better life in 200 years.

Its all a ruse to avoid getting this fixed. Working to the future is the distraction to not addressing the "now" and that is the way the establishment wants it.

Awareness of global warming is important in that it may help enact reforms to protect the environment.

Greta is just concerned she may have to thaw out.

How dare you!!!

Administrator
I GameBoy

@ overpopulation

overpopulation doesn't exist. it is a myth sold to u by capitalists and ecofascists so u won't hold them accountable for hoarding all the money and resources that could and should be used to fix the world's problems. like world hunger could be done in a matter of days but alas…

https://www.greenleft.org.au/content/blaming-overpopulation-lets-climate-criminals-hook
http://www.wisedup.org/overpopulation-is-a-myth/
https://www.macleans.ca/opinion/overpopulation-alarmism-only-marginalizes-the-worlds-most-vulnerable-people/
https://theanarchistlibrary.org/library/murray-bookchin-the-population-myth

fun fact: the entire world’s population could fit inside Los Angeles.

https://www.lakecountrycalendar.com/news/morning-start-did-you-know-the-entire-worlds-population-could-fit-inside-los-angeles/

overpopulation doesn't exist. it is a myth sold to u by capitalists and ecofascists so u won't hold them accountable for hoarding all the money and resources that could and should be used to fix the world's problems.

Interesting and the world is a massive place compared to the size of the human being. However, the biggest issue with humans, is the footprints left behind when spread out across the globe to create the damage that it does. Something so small, can create a lot of damage and much of this is due to ego and vehement notions of self.

Something so small, can create a lot of damage and much of this is due to ego and vehement notions of self.

oooh yeah, i like that. that is very well said, and it's so true. humans are fucked.

We are our own worst enemies.

[laugh] @ overpopulation

overpopulation doesn't exist. it is a myth sold to u by capitalists and ecofascists so u won't hold them accountable for hoarding all the money and resources that could and should be used to fix the world's problems. like world hunger could be done in a matter of days but alas…

fun fact: the entire world’s population could fit inside Los Angeles.

Great post! But just keep them out of Los Angeles!

Administrator
I GameBoy

👍

🐻 ¿What do you see as the greatest threat to the world, and why?

… ¡just keep them out of Los Angeles!
I'm a California Ex-pat. I'd say, ¡keep most of them in Los Angeles! I never lived less than 100 miles from that hellhole, but my son keeps moving closer. ¡I'm going to have to have a talk with that boy!

[center] [hr] [poll closed multiple] [s][/s] [sic] [sub]2[/sub] [sup]th[/sup] [u][/u]  

🐻 ¿What do you see as the greatest threat to the world, and why?

Well, I have to disagree. The last time I visited ex-Calis in Arizona it was 90 degrees at midnight. No thank you.

I love LA. You're discounting most the suburbs and the beach cities which are a bit overpopulated but still spread out with room to grow. I mean I still have raccoons invade my backyard every night.

Administrator
I GameBoy

Joe Biden.

Trumpism
Notice I didn't say Trump himself. Because the Donald isn't even real; he's just a brand name. However he became a lightning rod for every evil Fascist in the country…and worldwide. We saw what he did with just 4 years in power:
He restarted the gain-of-function research in Wuhan which was stopped under Obama, which created Covid. Then he knowlingly allowed it to kill 600K Americans and counting. No to mention his increasing the threat of nuclear war and putting us back on the road to climate extinction. Had he stolen the election again like he did in 2016 Earth would not have survived. Now we have a chance, as long as we keep Trump Fascists out of power.

Mean people suck.

I am a little surprised that no one identified cyber attacks on critical infrastructure given all the play that's gotten lately. Not as a civilization-ending thing but still as a threat.

2 ways to look at his question. Either something that could actually destroy all mankind
and the earth or something that that may not destroy everybody but will continue to
change everybody's life in some way.

I have 2 that are tied together in many ways.

Religion- Is and always has been a major influence in wars and deaths.

Acceptance- A lot of acceptance is based on religious beliefs. Until we learn to let
people live their lives what we've seen will continue and get worse. Like it always has.

before you leave remember I was with you

So in a way a lack of tolerance?

We can button it into one word if that works.

Threats change by generation but one of the constants through time has always been this issue. We don't always have control over threats but this is one thing people do have
control over.

So how much tolerance for intolerance you should allow?

That's a loaded question since everybody has a right to their opinion.

People will feel the way they feel and believe what they believe.

If you feel one way then you believe you're "right" then no amount of debate will change it. In a democracy the majority will set the rules. We'll always fight against what
we don't believe in or agree with. That's human nature. We all believe what we believe
is right and the other viewpoints are wrong.

My only point is that we can possibly see the other person's viewpoint and accept it.
Just because we don't agree on an issue doesn't mean people can't get along.

This is very true. And a working and effective political system allows multiple viewpoints while minimizing political violence or vilification.

You crystallized my thoughts eloquently.

It's not perfect but it's what we have so we need to make the best of it.

What I asked is how much I can accept the other person's viewpoint when he's trying to smash me? Because the history proved it countless times, the intolerant will try to subdue the tolerant. As you said, it's the human nature.

How you choose to accept the other person's viewpoint is up to you. (you already know this)

"Tolerant" and "intolerant" are definitely words. How has it been proven "countless times"?

I am asking you, what would you do if somebody comes to you to threaten and aggress you. All the wars and the bloodshed through the history are not an evidence of tolerance, which is your choice of words. Sorry, it was "acceptance", my bad. Anyway, you can word it as you wish.

There are of course limits to tolerance and to accommodation.

Well said.

I've battled and shed blood numerous times on this. "All the wars" through history
are not evidence of this. I never said "All". I said that a lot of wars and deaths
have to do with this issue. ( I hope I didn't say All)…

I'm saying just look at the amount of of deaths because of "acceptance" or whatever
you want to call it. From the Civil War to WW2. Not even getting into the murders
of of minorities over the decades. That's just the US. Look at the entire world.

So the hangings and murders of blacks in history or the killings of Jewish people have nothing to do with tolerance or acceptance? Anyway, you can word it as you wish……

I don't know what you said in other threads, I didn't follow. I was talking exclusively about this specific exchange.

I understand your point of view, I only was trying to offer you a wider one, where acceptance and tolerance don't help anymore and other measures are required.

That's WW2 in a nutshell, right? They tried appeasement, talking, pleading, and then threats, and in the end we had to go kill the Nazis.

You want to create a framework for different perspectives to be expressed peacefully and differing interests to be negotiated out, but in the end if someone upends that or hurts others, and won't correct, then more assertive measures are employed.

Yes, I should be more specific. Thank you!

Nuclear weapons, because of their devastating power