Health & Fitness : Is the cause of mental illnesses mental and/or physical?

Is the cause of mental illnesses mental and/or physical?

Emotional…

What do you think?

I believe I was misdiagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia, Aspergers (a type of autism,) and bipolar. Mostly, it's the schizophrenia. I take pills because they diagnosed me and it has been paying for my living..

www.christinabarrett.com
🛸 "outta this world!"

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Re: Is the cause of mental illnesses mental and/or physical?

I don't know which is worse, that kind or paranoid schizophrenia. My counselors seem to attack me for it. I've heard voices, too, but it was from doing music and people following me around with cameras in private.

www.christinabarrett.com
🛸 "outta this world!"

^^^

Schizoid Personality Disorder doesn't involve hearing voices.

In addition, Schizoid's almost never present to treatment due to their personalities.

Usually, they are "physical rejects" rejected by most people and so they have introverted to a malignant degree. So, they don't like people and don't seek help because they don't like people.

Who diagnosed you with that and why?

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Are you in the US?

That's a rare diagnosis, by the way.

Yes, US.
I didn't know it was rare. Out of the 30 that were there, one of them had the same diagnosis, and wasn't reclusive at all.

That's odd.

Also, going to a state hospital in my state means the case is severe.

Is that different in your state?

Most people with mental problems go to a unit at their local hospital.

When you're suicidal, I think they rush the diagnosis.

Oh yeah, you have to.

However, usually, it's Major Depression or something like that, no an advanced personality disorder. The doctor would have to interview your family and you to determine that you had the same patterns as a Schiziod.

I just had this case.

A little nine year old was used by his druggie mom as a money source, so she had him diagnosed with ADHD. He has no signs of that.

I got the case because she went to jail and he was freaking out. So, he really has Depression and Oppositional Behavior from never having been taught anything. I got our doctor to change his diagnosis.

His behavior gets so bad he needed to go to the hospital. Once there, the doctor at the hospital didn't call our doc, which is what you do. So, the doc diagnosed him with ADHD again…and he has no symptoms really.

So, NOW I'm working to try to get the doctor I deal with to REMEMBER the diagnosis that he changed and change them back.

So, none of this is "science" because a lot of doctors take ZERO time to diagnose people. To say you have Schiziod Personality Disorder would take a lot of time and consideration.

If you go to another doctor it's like you will get another diagnosis.

Your best bet is to go some reading and figure out what best explains you. If you want to harm yourself, there's likely strong reasons that are easy to understand.

So, none of this is "science" because a lot of doctors take ZERO time to diagnose people. To say you have Schiziod Personality Disorder would take a lot of time and consideration.
Yes, I agree. The next day, after I told the doc I was hearing my neighbors talking about me, and I mentioned I could hear them during the drive over there, he said "See, I was already 95% sure of your diagnosis. What you just told me (the drive part) makes me 100% sure."

Hearing voices has nothing to do with any personality disorder.

Personality disorders are about how people have treated you in life and how you respond to it and that changes your personality. Your personality is your "mind" so it affects everything about the person.

Hearing voices is a hallucination.

It can also be like a "play" in your mind where you are imagining it very hard.

The reason proper diagnosis is important is because it's educational. So, a person should get the most accurate diagnosis so they can go and read about it.

If you know that other people have your problem and they engage in the same patterns as you do, that knowledge helps to destroy your mental problem.

If you get the wrong diagnosis it will lead you down a false path of learning. So, you can never get help.

It can also be like a "play" in your mind where you are imagining it very hard.
Yes, I agree. For the first 18 months after they left, the slander was accompanied by constant narration, scrutinizing my every move/choice. For the last 18 months, it has died off (no narration, only occasional slander). I recommend Zinc supplementation to anyone hearing voices.

Also, FULLY expressing yourself to someone about what's on your mind and how it makes you feel is important.

I have noticed this with dreams and stuff too. If I keep it inside it will repeat. If I tell it, it will not repeat.

Personal:

When I was in my 20s a girl I had been with for many years had an abortion. It was my child and after a year or so I started to see it as my child having been killed. After that I kept it a secret.

I met other women and they either didn't want kids or could not have kids. I have never met a woman who wanted kids or could have them. This started happening over and over.

I am very smart and rational but part of me wondered if I was cursed. That's an irrational magical thinking cognitive distortion, and I knew it, but still, what are the chances?

I know ghetto people who have kids left and right and they don't care about or want them.

I thought a lot of things about this like "do I have to do something to make up for it all" and it was very disturbing.

Finally, I decided to talk about it to a loved one. Doing that released a lot of tension. So, I am still sad about it but not bottling it up.

If you are disturbed by something, don't hold it in. For instance, I didn't really like the response I got from my loved one, but I liked that I destroyed a secret.

Why is it you choose PCP as your weapon of choice to hit beast mode?

Do you not find it difficult to focus?

Harry Starlord: “Lord Orson, you are stupid loser who's 50 years old with the brain of a stupid 2 year monkey.”

What?

You keep saying that you like to take PCP and fight multiple people at once?

Harry Starlord: “Lord Orson, you are stupid loser who's 50 years old with the brain of a stupid 2 year monkey.”

I did not say that retard.

I think because I lost my 4.0 taking a hard AP history test. I got called to the counselor during classes and fell behind and lost more A's.

www.christinabarrett.com
🛸 "outta this world!"

Perfectionism can make a person totally fail.

If I can't get all As, then I will get nothing.

That's tough for people to break but in some classes a D is great.

If I had to take a Nuclear Physics class and I got a C or a D I would laugh and feel good. I have zero interest in math or that subject, so those grades would be good.

When you start looking at life like that, you will do better and better at things.

Most mental illness is caused by belief systems.

That means all the things you learned and your observations about that.

Females who were sexually abused have a very high likelihood of developing psychosis (Schizophrenia) so that indicates that it can be caused by things that happen to you and how you view them.

A very smart guy named Jay Hailey developed ideas that extreme family stress can cause mental illness.

Eating disorders tend to be caused by family interactions.

Of course, suicide is always based on beliefs the person has about life. Frequently, they aren't true and exaggerations or the inability to solve problems.

There's very little real evidence that mental problems are physical. That's why they have a different field of study than medical issues.

It has even been thought that autism could be environmentally family based.

It's possible that some of it is medical. If you have a malformed hand you could have a malformed brain. However, no mental health conditions shows a malformed brain.

So, many issues are mysterious.

Then, why can't you fix it the way you got it?

www.christinabarrett.com
🛸 "outta this world!"

You can fix your belief system.

However, you need the ability to see and believe that your belief system needs fixing. Also, you have to learn how to do it.

Also, you need to eliminate negative people from your life or learn how to see them as unimportant.

I could provide a bunch of ideas for reading. However, you have to read them.

My parents said I had to take medication if I live with them, and the psychiatrist and therapist get mad when I say I'm not mentally ill.

www.christinabarrett.com
🛸 "outta this world!"

You have to BE not mentally ill.

That means you need to stop acting mentally ill in the ways that people think you act.

If they believe you are mentally ill, they will never stop believing it. I have seen this many times.

For instance, if you want to watch Batman on TV, that's because you're "delusional" and bad with reality. If you love peanuts that's because you're "obsessive" and so on.

People who think you're nuts will keep that bias going by attributing anything you do to being insane.

I will tell you this, if I am nervous, I never show it on my face. I keep a "poker face" because I know people are predatory.

Also, if you're around people sure you are crazy, you need to control yourself and take steps to do whatever to become independent. Even if you're squirming and feeling weird inside, you have to put up with it and accomplish goals in life so you can live on your own.

Your parents and doctors will ruin your life by casually judging you. You doc is going golfing in his BMW right after he confirms you're nuts. You will go home and cry or stare at a wall because your meds zone you out.

He is living it up and you are in mental jail.

On the other hand, if you are insane and your brain does not work, then you're lucky you have family. But, when they die your life will become horrible, so you still need to learn how to live on your own.

Well, kids have to take pills if their parents say, and I was at the mercy of psychiatry myself and judged my family and who knows who.

www.christinabarrett.com
🛸 "outta this world!"

Kids over 16 don't in the US.

But I guess that's in the past.

How are you doing now?

I went back to the mental hospital, and my parents got me back on and said I had to if I live with them.

www.christinabarrett.com
🛸 "outta this world!"

The mental is all physical anyway, so either way the cause is physical.

No, it's not.

The causation chain is thoughts, which are a phenomenon of the mind different in each person, then that triggers physical responses.

As usual, you have absolutely no idea what the hell you are talking about. Thoughts are nothing more than information processing done by entirely physical processes in the brain. This is not controversial, it is established science.

Even people in Descartes' time knew the paradigm you are operating under was problematic because there is no possible way to model non-physical thoughts causing physical events. Get a clue.

No that is not what thoughts are.

Thoughts are how phenomena you experience are stories in the brain.

You aren't smart enough to understand what that means to the brain.

You are repeating some shit you read without thinking about it.

No that is not what thoughts are.

Thoughts are how phenomena you experience are stories in the brain.

Complete and utter bullshit with no basis in any kind of established science. You are just pulling this out of your ignorant ass.

You are repeating some shit you read without thinking about it.

This subject is my academic specialty, shit for brains. I've forgotten more about this stuff than you will ever bother to learn in your pathetic life.

You don't know anything about "the science" and the overall thing I'm talking about is called Phenomenology.

You don't know anything about the subject and haven't studied it. You are "defending" concepts you literally know nothing about.

Right?

I have two graduate degrees on this topic and 12 years of education with 32 years of working experience, lol.

You don't know anything about "the science" and the overall thing I'm talking about is called Phenomenology.

Phenomenology is not in an way a science, you ridiculous clown. It is a branch of philosophy that appeared around the turn of the previous century, and it has no authority to override decades of established cognitive neuroscience regarding how thoughts are physically implemented in the nervous system, something we know quite a lot about.

I have two graduate degrees on this topic and 12 years of education with 32 years of working experience, lol.

Obviously this is delusional bullshit which isn't going to full anyone who has actually learned something about this topic. You already revealed what a complete fraud you are when you brought up phenomenology and called it a science.

Basically, any degree you ever got was from a garbage correspondence course you applied to from an ad on the back of a pack of matches, lol.

I can tell you're an angry loser because you don't ask questions.

I know exactly what I'm talking about and can explain it, but why bother?

You're some arrogant loser who never bothered to study what you're "schooling" me on to pump up your ego a bit.

If you were smart you would ask me "What do you mean" but you don't. Then, I would annihilate you in all discussion and then you would stop answering or get more insulting.

You are a jealous butthurt poster type I have encountered for decades on the internet.

I know exactly what I'm talking about and can explain it, but why bother?

You can't explain anything about subject you clearly know jack shit about. You called phenomenology a science in a public space, which means you're forever wearing a dunce cap.