The Watercooler : How much of this is true?

Re: How much of this is true?

Ahh. Maybe consider an air fryer. They work really well. I have this one. It works just grand, and cooks fast.

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

It's definitely on my wishlist.
I'd love one 😊

Hey dude…get your own signature Dane you piece of shit.

I love using ours. I seldom use the oven now that I have one.

Fasten Your Seatbelts….
It's Going To Be A Bumpy Night!

Why do people say "top ramen" instead of just "ramen"?

"Top" is just the brand if I'm not mistaken.

"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." Morticia Addams

I don’t know Lilith. I think that’s the only way that I’ve ever come across it? I don’t think I’ve ever seen just “ramen” noodles. But the top ramen is in every store. I can remember not all that long ago, when certain flavors were always on special for $.05 pack. 20 packs for a dollar! At work, I would take one of those tupperware bowls with the lid, and place the noodles in it. I would then add some mixed canned vegetables, and cover the noodles with just enough hot water from the Alhambra water dispenser, and cover with the lid. Wait a half hour, and voila! Poor man’s minestrone.

I think if you enter the keywords: “a thousand ways to cook top ramen” or something to that effect, all kinds of recipes come up. It’s really versatile stuff. Try to avoid using the entire seasoning pack though, because it has sodium up the wazoo.

Oh I know. I'm just saying that "Top" is a brand, kind of like Nestle, Chex, Nabisco. That's all.

It's like always referring to your pasta by brand instead of just saying you're picking up spaghetti or something.

A lot of people do this. I just never understood it.

"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." Morticia Addams

I see. I suppose that I never made the connection. From now on, I’ll use the term “ramen” only. But only for you

Pretty much all of these are true but more generally speaking. I I know from experience that microwaving tea takes like a minute or less and kettles take a few more minutes than that.

The kettle explanation could also be because I don’t think Americans drink tea that much compared to coffee so having a kettle would be waste of money and space and barely used. If for some reason they decide to have tea they use the microwave

We do drink a lot of tea here that is true.

i’m way too fucking addicted to starbux cold brew it’s actually a problem

but when i don’t go there i usually boil water in the kettle and make my own coffee with the press

i’m not american though so idk

I do love a press but have broken far too many, I have a little electric percolator which I found in a junk shop and it makes great coffee.

Where are you from?

If we take the time to see with the heart and not with the mind, we shall see that we are surrounded completely by angels ~ Carlos Santana

the deep south

Ah, you people with flowing water

Not everyone has it

Enjoy the slave drinks though Dazed

LOL. 🤡🌎

Are you seriously trying to make me feel guilty for having running water in a thread about kettles?

No, I'm seriously trying to have you think about having clean, free flowing water and how you use it to murky it with shredded beans or dried leaves from countries where those who harvest them make less than a dollar a day for your personal enjoyment

I don't see the issue here

It's a simple statement

LOL. 🤡🌎

What do you want me to do about it?

Nowt really, I'm just clucking about trying to show that just about everyone here has it fairly decent in comparison to some.

Stops all that African-American mumbo jumbo from being considered oppressive

LOL. 🤡🌎

Tl/DR

Harold,the singing angel harks.

I have a kettle but mostly for sentiments value. I grew up with my mother and grandmother using them, but I just use a coffeemaker and I don’t drink tea.

Don't they look lovely on the stove?

The one I have is an electric model, however.

They do!

I have a nice large red one.
When it isn't on the stove, it resides on a shelf above it.
More tea? ☕

Fasten Your Seatbelts….
It's Going To Be A Bumpy Night!

Do you do Dutch Ovens?

I own a few.