Politics : Heheheheh

Heheheheh

Trump banned from Facebook

If we take the time to see with the heart and not with the mind, we shall see that we are surrounded completely by angels ~ Carlos Santana

Re: Heheheheh

How hilarious. Free speech is dead.

R. I. P. FFS (1975-2021)
Murdered by a Teutonic catfish

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

I've never celebrated anybody's cancellation, no matter their political stripes.

Anybody gloating over this is clearly not very intelligent.

Netty's favorite posters here were ITTY and Pop. Says it all really. What an incredibly stupid woman.

R. I. P. FFS (1975-2021)
Murdered by a Teutonic catfish

Go fuck yourself

Blocked

If we take the time to see with the heart and not with the mind, we shall see that we are surrounded completely by angels ~ Carlos Santana

why are you having another meltdown?

If someone insults me I'm going to say something

Post deleted

A private company banning an account for violating its TOS is not infringing upon free speech. Facebook is not a government entity.

Hark! Harold the angel sings.

Post deleted

That still doesn't legally constitute a violation of free speech.

"'Congress shall make no law […] abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press.' What does this mean today? Generally speaking, it means that the government may not jail, fine, or impose civil liability on people or organizations based on what they say or write, except in exceptional circumstances.

Although the First Amendment says 'Congress,' the Supreme Court has held that speakers are protected against all government agencies and officials: federal, state, and local, and legislative, executive, or judicial. The First Amendment does not protect speakers, however, against private individuals or organizations, such as private employers, private colleges, or private landowners. The First Amendment restrains only the government."

https://constitutioncenter.org/interactive-constitution/interpretation/amendment-i/interps/266#:~:text=Congress%20shall%20make%20no%20law,for%20a%20redress%20of%20grievances.

Facebook can ban whomever it wants.

Post deleted

You're getting riled up over nothing. All I said was that this isn't illegal.

It is censorship, yes. It just isn't a violation of free speech as would pertain to the Constitution.

I personally think Trump should be allowed back onto the platform, but my opinion doesn't matter.

Post deleted

I actually enjoy reading your more passionate posts. Your intelligence is formidable and it shows…especially when you truly care about whatever it is you're discussing.

Post deleted

I know at least one federal judge is working to change that (Thomas).

His logic is understandable.

Essentially, if a private entity becomes a huge global platform for discourse, prohibiting certain beliefs almost is like prohibiting free speech.

The analogy I like to use would be private corporations buying up all the public land, thereby ending the right to public assembly and protest because it's all protected private property.

Having a ToS is one thing, but the wholesale power of any entity (public or private) to remove an entire political ideology, religion, or social view is scary.

The bias of what gets removed is also blatant. That's the main problem I have with it. The censorship is not done evenly.

(I'm not on any social media platforms. Not sure if that makes a difference, but I wanted to fully disclose it!)

🦸‍♀️ Up, up, and away! 🦸‍♀️

I understand you completely.

I think, at the very least, that these private businesses (especially megacorporations like Facebook whose presence is globally ubiquitous) should be made to apply their ToS consistently.

The only thing censorship cultivates is ostracism.

These large mega-corporations should be broken up. That's the only way you could accomplish that. Monopolies are illegal, and bad for this country.

😺 Schrodinger's Cat walks into a bar, and doesn't. 😠 Let's go, Brandon! Fuck Biden and Fuck Putin! 😎 Slava Ukraini!

They live only because of their government protection. Don't be naive Jackie. Title 230. Look it up.

The only poster who had his account banned 4 times without ever breaking any rules each of those times.

Of course they are infringing on free speech.
Free speech can be restricted by means other than
federal legislation and direct government action.
If me and my gang put tape over your mouth or tie your hands or terminate
your internet connection or otherwise block potential avenues
of expression, or punish you for expressing your beliefs,
we are infringing on your free speech.

Free speech can also be restricted by private or public companies
(Facebook is the latter btw, not a private company) in collusion
with government or a faction in government, to silence opposition to the government or faction, to function as a propaganda arm of that government or faction and/or to curry favor with and get preferential treatment from them or defend themselves from regulation or retribution. Like what's going on now, not just regarding Trump and "Trump supporters" but also Coronapanic objectors, "anti-vaxxers" (for example RFK jr.) and others.

……..

Pop Actor suffered a deadly stroke and Ittys liver stopped functioning. Thought you should know.

Post deleted

Are you ok?

Lol again?

What happened to him making his own social media platform?

So you support censorship, and NOT the First Amendment Right to Free Speech? Seriously?? What if they had banned that demented old fart Biden? Would you still be so gleeful?

😺 Schrodinger's Cat walks into a bar, and doesn't. 😠 Let's go, Brandon! Fuck Biden and Fuck Putin! 😎 Slava Ukraini!

Biden probably does not even know how to use facebook anyway on account of him being 128 years old and such. He thinks an emoji is some sort of native tribesman.

I am not serious no more, no

Trump brought it on himself

That makes no difference. Free Speech must be applied to ALL, or it's meaningless. I may not agree with what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it.
So you agree with the old Soviet, Chinese and Nazi dictators here. Sad. I'm very disappointed in you.

PS So as a good Leftist you only agree with Freedom Of Speech when someone agrees with you. Censorship is a tool of totalitarian governments, so you agree with totalitarians.

Tragedy

Yes it is a tragedy to discover that you are a fan of one of the main tactics of totalitarian governments. So sad, so stupid.

Get over yourself

You get over yourself, Ms. Soviet!

Yep! Don't forget it

I stormed Omaha Beach

I won't.

I may not agree with what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it.

I hate this quote. Only stupid people say it. Voltaire didn't even say this, it's falsely attributed to him.

No one believes in this quote. No one would fight to the death for some annoying asshole's right to say stupid shit.

More like the opposite is true. I'd fight to the death to make you shut your fuckin' mouth.

You gay ass old geezer. You're on here all the time. And you have 22,841 posts on MovieChat.

You have no fucking life.

No, only people who believe in freedom believe it, but you obviously don't, or you're too stupid to grasp the concept. And thanks for being such a devoted fan with, you know, stats and everything.

Post deleted

He will get over it. He will Play some golf, grab some puss, top up his tan and get a new wig and he will forget all about it.

I am not serious no more, no

Facebook shouldn’t have imposed an indeterminate ban without black and white standards being set. This just highlights the companies systemic problems.

What does Trump mean when he threatened to have the tech companies which have banned him "pay a political price”? Is he going to take legal action against them??

“There are no atheists in foxholes, eh?”-Keith Jennings from the Omen.

Trump now has his own website where he's been posting since a month maybe more!

From the desk of Donald J Trump.

I can't post links otherwise

Not sure if people will visit his solitaire.

i am glad to see
that his evil actions has consequences

Nimda should ban him from this place too
for the sake of freedom and democracy

I crushed the pathetic loser troll Cuck_Venom and rebuilt him as my toilet

👍

While FB banning him is absolutely not a Free Speech issue, FB (and Twitter) is notorious for their targeted enforcement of their ToS. Whether it's the A.I., people, or both, how they go about it is pretty crappy.

I'm not one to defend Trump, especially when he does something wrong. However, he had to endure (and still does) an extremely hostile press and other entities that no predecessor of his had to. In some ways though it is ironic, especially when corporations did it, because he wanted to make them freer from over-regulation than they are currently.

I'm sure he'll come up with something though and millions of people will follow him. It's what people who use social media do - follow what interests them.

Groovy