The Soapbox : When and why did you join IMDb approximately.

When and why did you join IMDb approximately.

I believe it was mid 2014. I had just turned 14 and was banned from ESPN for the hundredth time so I decided to enjoy some honest discussion and share theories about the stellar GoT S4. I believe the Mountain v The Viper had aired that day. Boy was I wrong!

I’m 21 as of today, and I’m the Triplet of The Twindas.

Re: When and why did you join IMDb approximately.

Lol were you immediately sucked into the madness?

I came in 2011, sometime right before the second season of twd started. I wanted spoilers and got so much more

Not immediately. I observed at first, laughing at all these people taking this shit so seriously (I still do!) and then after learning a bit about the various posters I joined the asylum. Now I’m a caretaker here at Filmboards.

you are!

I wish i had hung back and observed. I just expected normal tv show discussion and got trolled so bad. I was enchanted

Lol well I had been a troll on other sites long before IMDb so I recognized what was going on. But those trolls are some of the best I’ve ever encountered. There were also some of the absolute worst. A very broad range of posters, I must say. A large family with many children built by Bezos The Busy Bee and his wife.

Lol i had never encountered trolls before! I didn't expect everyone to know each other but there were all these little side conversations that had nothing to do with the show. At first i was like, "what kind of weirdos hang out on a message board?" And then i became a weirdo lol

Many of the posters pmed me accusing me of being a Vlad or hungry sock, which I found confusing yet hilarious. Doodles in particular would not let up for weeks.

Please discuss.

the GoT board was so paranoid! I remember posting there towards the end and people thought i was a sock too.

But i would feel complimented by the Vlad or Hungry accusations. They were both well respected over there. It could have been worse lol

GoT board really was paranoid ngl lmao but the Soapbox was way worse. also Politics board, Religion board, Film General board, pretty much every board that was infested with trolls was, understandably, paranoid. TWD board was different bc u just didnt give a shit so much and would soon figure everyone out, but quietly without making so much noise about it.

well except of VHS but he was the bad guy anyway, so it was to be expected.

btw Hungry was not well respected on GoT board. not at all. the majority hated him and blocked him on Facebook later and cast him out. he was the bad guy on that board, so that was also to be expected. Orson was equally despised.

I was pretty sure you were actually Putin - but retarding it up for some reason (sorry)!

I thought the same thing about him being DT before that, because in his incarnation as Obama he appeared to just be trying to copy him but like a try hard watered down version or something!

Keep on smiling!

No apology necessary! In terms of intelligence the quality of poster has been dumbed down over time. First there was the mysterious master Sith who trained DT, who passed down his knowledge to his apprentice, Putin. I’m like a retarded droid who says the same shit but lacks the conviction and passion, and makes weird animal noises.

The quality of poster has diminished just like the quality of humanity. We are truly fucked.

Doodles was always very persistent when she had suspicions. for her, i was Klam for at least half a year and i used to get abusive comments and PMs from her whenever i posted on GoT board and which always left me rather bewildered about that person's hostility.

but then she finally saw the light and saw that she was at fault and we became besties ever since.

unlike others who became literally obsessed with me being someone else they thought i am for years and years to come, present *cough* company *cough* included *cough*

Hi Vlad

Durrrrrrrrr

2006 but I didn't register until 2007. I was reading spoilers for one of the saw movie, can't remember which, and I saw people discussing things about the movie that were incorrect so I decided to make an account and pwn them.

2007 posted for 2 years with my og account and then made this one in 2009

I've been signed up on IMDB since the late 90s, but I signed up with this account in 2005. Looks like I didn't post on the message boards until around 2006 (although I suspect some older threads just aren't archived).

I started on the message boards because I wanted to post about Saved By the Bell and The Shield.

I am a dick. I've always been a dick.

What a maroon!

2005. I posted on the King Kong movie board when it came out, then ventured to the Sandbox, Watercooler and eventually Soapbox. Also the LOST IMDb board at same time as Soapbox as it was just as busy.

And you've regretted it ever since….

LOL it was actually a fun place back then.

The Lost board was brilliant during the height of the show.

Alba gu bràth

I don't remember how long ago it was, I joined because I like commenting on the shows I watch

If we take the time to see with the heart and not with the mind, we shall see that we are surrounded completely by angels ~ Carlos Santana

2014 I wanted to talk about twd haha I posted on a different board a bit before going to twd though.

I lurked twd board before posting and thought it was pretty wild. I got trolled like a mf when I first started posting.

The Executioner

i started in 2013 on the Soapbox. i was lurking and posting on SB for one year ca., between 2013 and 2014. i was more of a lurker than a poster in that one year myself, just being 17-18 years old and, being from Germany, i was just getting into English language more and more, not yet perfect in writing, and i was also just a total imdb newbie back then. the SB was my first board ever i actually regularly visited.

so i was generally shy and intimidated by the English speaking people and by all those many fascinating and intimidating characters and super weird trolls on the SB, like i had no idea what a troll actually was and did at that time and on that board i saw trolls in full action for the first time. it was fascinating and scary at the same time, knowing that behind every persona, troll and character is actually a real human being. i felt so normal and like a nobody, i didn't do much to leave a mark myself and make an impression. it was just too overwhelming. the life and drama and games and discussions on the board was still too fascinating and interesting and exciting for me and so i stuck to it and got hooked.

anyway, in 2014 Ben arrived on the SB and began to troll the people and eventually causing more and more havoc and longterm SBers to leave forever, tearing the place apart, together with Gwnyc whom i also remember to have met briefly. i increasingly started to dislike the SB at that time and then when Ben really started to go after PTL full-blown psycho and was onto invading and destroying her real life, i was so disgusted by it and, also got legit scared i could be maybe one of the next victims if i stay, i left the SB in 2014 for good, deleted my account and didn't come back to imdb boards for 1-2 years altogether, until late 2015 when i would eventually become a regular poster on Game of Thrones board and its sister board, The Walking Dead board and the rest is history.

Your English is outstanding! You're better at English than I am. English is my primary language. When I try speaking Spanish, I slow down the words. I sound like I have a learning disability when I speak Spanish. You have to allow the words to roll off your tongue quickly.

But anyway. Yeah😁

thanks! that's what hanging out on message boards every single day ever since did good to me, i guess! 🙂

Are your classes for English students or for German?

i have had occasionally modules in English (Human Information Behavior & Information Processing and Storage), yes, but the majority of my classes are in German. i'm not studying Law or Business or English/American studies. 1 in 6 modules is in English tho.

Interesting. U summed up the old IMDb Soapbox experience quite nicely.

i've went through the hard school of imdb trolling early on, and have learned from the best!

The when information be available for any IMDb username. Just putted together a link to the user's legacy posts and opens a post from the date column. The username may are different, but the membership date should is correct. Follow the way I done it for @pop-actor in mine signature. He stoled the © from me and I come back with pop-actor®.

I are The Antipop.  I missing you, Pop-Actor©!

🌵 ¿When … did you join IMDb to the month?

That's right. You can see when I joined by looking at this, my last legacy post on IMDb.

[center] [hr] [poll closed multiple] [s][/s] [sic] [sub]2[/sub] [sup]th[/sup] [u][/u]  

February 2008

EDIT: I had originally went online to post about Johnny Depp in 2007, after joining MySpace and Facebook, to try to be an extra in a Pirates of the Caribbean movie.

Eurasian ⦿ Chinese-Indonesian ◦ "Anglo" + real Irish ◦ German ◦ Dutch ◦ French ⦿ Blog

2009. I joined to talk about the then-new horror film, Orphan.

Hark! Harold the angel sings.

I remember you showing up at soapbox with your woe is me thread.

No, you don't. The first thing to happen to me at the Soapbox was being trolled for nudes.

Yes, a friend of yours had died…OD I think and you made a thread about it.

Ah, that one! I made that thread a full seven years after I started posting on the Soapbox. That was in November of 2016. Granted, it was shortly after I had come back from a very long hiatus, so I definitely don't fault you for not knowing I had been there long before then.

Around 2005…I got bored of posting on the Rolling Stone magazine website. A friend of mine told me about Imdb.

I joined her on the Michael Jackson board and met a bunch of entertaining crazy ass people.

Eventually I migrated to the sandbox then soapbox and was properly deleted many times.. then the politics board before the Bezos apocalypse.

💜🙏👰 Wedding in 3 days!🐲㊙️🍜

I joined in November, 2009. Wanted to talk about Avatar when it was approaching its release. But I didn’t start posting until May, 2010. The reason being that I didn’t verify my account and didn’t know that’s what I had to do to start posting until May. I started posting on the Inception board because I was hyped for that movie and because I was wanting to go after a troll that was flooding the board.

I live. I die. I live again.

I want to say 2010-2011 but may have started posting sporadically earlier.

I’ve been on message boards for a very long time before IMDb. Since I was a small boy. I was raised by the trolls and, once fully grown, United the clans for the End Game.

Please discuss.

With the redhead in the chair?

She’s still here

Please discuss.

Dun dun dunnnn!

2004. I joined because whenever I googled a certain actor or a movie, IMDb would often come up. I decided to register since it seemed to be informative. It turned out to be even more as time went on.

Fasten Your Seatbelts….
It's Going To Be A Bumpy Night!

2004-2005. Phantom of the Opera. Then took a sabbatical

2010-2012. First Generation TWD board. Then my beloved dog died, so I took a sabbatical.

2015-2017. Game of Thrones. Then the boards closed down. Went into hiding.

🦸‍♀️ Up, up, and away! 🦸‍♀️

Fugg yes, Phantom of the Opera. Not a huge fan of the Butler film, but I'm obsessed with the stage musical, novel (both the Leroux and Kay version), and various film adaptations.

Yes! Read both Leroux (albeit, it was pretty scattered) and Kay's version (excellent). Almost made a joke on a thread the other day, "Eric plays with dolls!", but didn't think anyone would get the reference. Lol

Lived on the POTO board when ALW's film version was released. Read all the fan fiction obsessively and watched the board dwindle from 20+ pages down to one.

Gorgeous music, and I love to sing along to it in the car!

Only got to see the live musical once though.

🦸‍♀️ Up, up, and away! 🦸‍♀️

So awesome. Some of the fanfiction is pretty damn good, but the others are akin to a kazoo version of the overture.

It's so exciting to interact with someone else who not only knows the Kay novel exists, but actively enjoys it. I did a few fanart pieces for it back in the day.

Did you ever join the fan communities outside the board? The Tumblr community surrounding it was (and still is) absolutely enormous. It's mainly comprised of teenagers, though, so it's not so fun to browse as the forums are.

Absolutely yes to jamming out to it in the car! Do you have a favourite Phantom? Mine is John Owen Jones, though I'm extremely fond of Ben Lewis, too. In fact, I'd go so far as to say I'm actively in love with Ben Lewis. His voice melts me like butter.

As for the musical, it's always playing and always touring, so you've got plenty of time to see it again if you're ever of the mind to!