Best and Worst : Things that make you cringe in movies/tv?

Things that make you cringe in movies/tv?

For me it's when someone flushes a toilet or even worse, touches a stall door/toilet paper in a public restroom and then fixes hair without washing their hands first.

Re: Things that make you cringe in movies/tv?

how come when people fire the last bullet in a clip and the gun is empty they always have to look at the gun in disbelief before discarding it

I never noticed that until you mentioned it, but what's up with just tossing aside an $800 piece just because you're out of bullets?!

They must not be Texan.

🦸‍♀️ Up, up, and away! 🦸‍♀️

Because we Texans carry extra magazines, or speedloaders if we are using old school revolvers.

Groovy

you guys a posse?

i hate posses

I know, right?

130 decibel music

kids outwitting adults

driving at high speed against traffic

randomly guessing unbreakable passwords

taking multiole full-on blows to the face/mouth/head with no effect

mark wahlberg

kids outwitting adults

Good one!

Or the kids whose problems would be completely resolved if they just got an adult involved for guidance or protection.

Or the obnoxious, dumb kid who creates some sort of disaster (or wanders off) and the entire plot revolves around the adults trying to reverse the damage.

Yes taking multiple blows with no effect - definitely!

Vomit, farts, pooping, body parts being sliced, hard fall onto blunt objects, mutilation and certain types of bugs.

I hate all that stuff too.

I’ve never noticed that but that’s just gross

When people say “I’d like that” when someone asks them if they want to do something together sometime or hang out etc. I think it’s just because it’s said so much in movies more than actual people irl say it. People usually just say something like “sure” or “sounds good”
But really who actually says “I’d like that” that much as they do in movies 😂 just cringe

Here’s a video to prove I’m right

LOL I've never noticed that but that does make sense.

As someone who watches horror almost exclusively, it must be said that no other genre has the most overused cliches that invoke so many eye rolling moments.

As far as pure cringe, though, probably romance movies where two desperate lovers are searching for each other in a big city but unknowingly cross each other's paths one block away.

Or do you mean an "ick" factor?

It can be ick factor or just anything that's cringe-worthy.

Yes horror movies are best known for all that kind of stuff LOL.

Oh, and any movie or TV show with a teen actor who is about to go to college. They always nonchalantly drop how they're bypassing going to state in favor of their full ride to Harvard after scoring perfectly on their SATs like it's just the most common thing in the world.

when someone doesn't shut a door fully or at all. especially a car door.

bitches be witches.

That happens in one of my favorite movies: Halloween. A couple of arrives at the house and doesn't shut the car door. That bugs me too.

in halloween?! i hate it. riggs does it at the end of lethal weapon, but he's crazy so who knows.

bitches be witches.

Or when people just hang up the phone instead of concluding the call properly.

yeah, as soon as they get the information. click.

bitches be witches.

Or when people only take one bite out of a perfectly made breakfast or meal instead of taking the time to finish it like bitch be grateful 😂😭

Always rushing out the door like a fool. It's like, enjoy your toast, moron! Your mother cooked that for you with her loving hands!

This is exactly what I think every time I see it. Like my own mom wouldn’t even waste her own precious time cooking me eggs and bacon and toast unless if she was in some strange mood and I always appreciated it! These poor moms slave away in the kitchen and don’t even get a thank you 😭 like just a BITE?? Fuck them. Seriously I just be like wanna trade moms ?? 😂
Jk I love my mom and would never trade her for anything ❤️

They never shut the refrigerator door either!

terrible. think of all the wasted food.

bitches be witches.

violence

sex

Chinese-Indonesian, Scandinavian, German, Dutch, French, English-Irish - 5'2"-5'4"
Blog

When a character is giving a contrived, preachy monologue and it standing at an unnatural position far away from the other characters, to set him for his impending doom.

Study your prey thoroughly, and choose only those who will prove susceptible.

I don't know if it's cringe but…

When someone is running or walking and then the camera quickly focuses in on them closely and you damn well know whats gonna happen next:

They're gonna see or be scared by something amazing or scary. Sofa king predictable.

💜 Happily engaged to an Aaaasian….🐲㊙️🍜

Gay dudes.

I came. I saw. I blew your lungs out past your backbone. Thanks for the target practice.

In general? Cruelty/Death of a child or an animal.
It not only makes me cringe. It makes me sick.

There are many things in movies or TV shows that may bother most people, but don't really make me cringe. It has to be a certain situation/scene.
I can think of one scene in a movie that always makes me cringe… so much so, that I have to either leave the room, or fast forward when I know it's coming up… pun intended. Titanic. The scene where Jack is teaching Rose how to "spit" off the side of the ship. SHUDDER!!!!

Fasten Your Seatbelts….
It's Going To Be A Bumpy Night!

Oh definitely! And it seems like in many horror movies the family dog is always the first to go. :(

The spitting scene was the only thing that bothered me in Titanic too.

The only thing I can't ever seem to watch without cringing is the passion of christ when he's getting whipped in front of everyone. Just makes me wince so much. I've seen a lot of shit in movies, but there's something about being whipped with those metal claw ends and it ripping the guy's skin apart that I just cannot watch it.

I don't get it because in Saw III we see Kerry have her whole rib cage torn apart, but some guy being beaten is too much for me. Maybe it's the realisticality of it all.

Lmao 🙄

That scene in Passion was very hard to watch. I was scared to watch that movie for a long time because I heard so many talk about how horrible that scene was.

How about when two people kiss after obviously not having been near a toothbrush for a long time? You see it in movies where a man and a woman have been on the run and suddenly there's that moment where they just have to share a passionate kiss.

Oh yes - definitely lol!

When people talk about meeting for dinner or something but never specify a place or time.
People never seem to pay for drinks.I
Knocks on the door are always answered seconds later! In reality I look at Mr.D in horror, we both say "who the hell is that?" then we reluctantly answer.

“I didn't know you could read”

I noticed that too with movies when nobody mentions a place or time and somehow they wind up there lol.

In reality I look at Mr.D in horror, we both say "who the hell is that?" then we reluctantly answer.

Literally me everyrime.someone knocks on the door ot I get a call from a number I don't know.

Lmao 🙄