TV General : Your favourite streaming service? Pros and cons of each.

Your favourite streaming service? Pros and cons of each.

Netflix:

Pros: Best collection of series and documentaries. Still the best as far as overall general movie collection.

Cons: Doesn't get new movies anymore (unless made by Netflix).

Prime:

Pros: Best collection of newer movies, esp. award-winning e.g. Oscar films. Typically over half of all Oscar nominated films stream here.

Cons: Too many new films that cost to rent. Limited collection of movies with a membership.

HBO Max:

Pros: Virtually the entire DC catalogue! This includes all the Batman animated films, all the Batman films, all the DCEU! And all the WB Monster-verse films like Kong vs. Godzilla! Definitely the choice to go with if you're a DC fan and like big budget blockbusters.

Cons: Limited to WB films. Not for film snobs who want to see the latest arthouse Oscar flick.

Disney +

Pros: Entire MCU, and all of Disney's animated films.

Cons: An entire streaming service dedicated to only Disney. I just want to see Shrunk when it comes out.

I've had these 4 at one point, and then Nomadland comes to Hulu, and I'm like "DAMMIT, I can't just get five streaming services. I'm already overdoing it."

There's always that one movie or series you want to see that comes to the streaming service you don't have.

Re: Your favourite streaming service? Pros and cons of each.

Netflix:

Pro(for me):It's ๐Ÿ’ฏ free because I'm on my extended family's (ex gf's family that loves me) plan.

Tubi:

Pro:FREE for everyone! You paying subscribers are suckers. The variety challenges even Netflix. Plus live local and National news and TV.

PlutoTV:

Pro:See above description for Tubi!

๐Ÿ’œ Happily engaged to an Aaaasian….๐ŸฒใŠ™๏ธ๐Ÿœ
โ–ฒ Top