Sports : NBA ALL-Star Weekend

NBA ALL-Star Weekend

Ready for Fun?

Without strife, your victory has no meaning.
Without strife, you do not advance.
Without strife, there is only stagnation.

Re: NBA ALL-Star Weekend

I've never heard of those guys.

Neither have I.

😺 Schrodinger's Cat walks into a bar, and doesn't. 🐱

yea it's very disappointing. Who'd ever take these competitions seriously again?
I remember it being star studded.
Now it's shame and lame.

TEAM LeBRON - 170
TEAM DURANT - 150

FINAL

That was Some Great Defense that both teams played. LOL!

A dunk contest should start with 4, and then narrow it down to 2 - head to head. Not these three guys.

The ASG was good last year, but it sucked this year. I like the new format of scoring, ending on a certain amount of points, but the all-stars are afraid of really competing.

I say they go back to East/West, and whoever wins, gets homecourt advantage in the finals.

https://jimmorrison.freeforums.net/
https://www.scribd.com/document/382737647/MortSahlFan-Song-List

Is this baseball?

I never liked that stipulation. Nor the stupid Name Team or the ridiculous stupid situational game.

I really liked the Dunk Contest back in the day and never would've imagined it come to such garbage dwindling down.

They used to have the greatest dunkers competing for pride, All-Star players, repeat champions, Missed Dunk Missed opportunity, A lot of players, a lot of hype, On Saturday Night, It used to be talked about for years, Creative athletically spectacular dunks, the voting were serious and such voting usually had an effect on future dunks. Repeat dunks were underscored. Uninnovative final dunks were down scored. Players usually giving lifetime dunks.

Now it's just shameful.

What more can people do? All of the dunks have been done already. They should just get rid of it.

Not really, you would think that but if you watch a lot of the old ones like high school, college, and street you'd see how creative they can get.
These rich athletes just put minimum effort and dont really give a shit.

"A dunk contest should start with 4, and then narrow it down to 2 - head to head."

——————————

Isn't that how it used to be many years ago ?