Film General : Are people too hard on movie critics' taste?

Are people too hard on movie critics' taste?

A lot of people hate critics, saying they do not know what's good and what's not, but I always never had a problem with critics, and it seems like a case by case basis on movies, rather than them having bad taste in a more general sense.

But what do you think?

Re: Are people too hard on movie critics' taste?

I usually agree with them.

I think like critics in most mediums they have become too lenient and helps contribute to the overall decline in quality of film.

My only issue with film criticism is that one's impressions of a motion picture soon after you watch it aren't to be trusted most of the time. You really need to kick back and let the experience sink in for a while–but that's not what most film critics are allowed to do, and it isn't their fault.

When I look back and read reactions critics had to many films that are now considered classics or hugely influential, a surprising number of their critiques were negative or "meh".

I agree with you. I think the quality of the review would depend upon any number of factors. Everything seems rushed. There's a lot of pressure to get the review posted. When I didn't feel as pressured, my normal routine was to watch the movie at least twice. Twice is suffice enough time for me to make an accurate review depending on how well the movie was directed and performed. Complicated plot requires more thought.

My best advice is trust your instincts.

I have never cared what a critic thought.

I don't need a critic to know that every movie being made sucks.

No because critics no longer judge movies on their own merits. They judge them based on the current political climate. They need to keep that bullshit communist practice out of here.

I came. I saw. I blew your lungs out past your backbone. Thanks for the target practice.